Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Pack Changes Coming with Steadfast Champion Pack on 5/16

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Pack Changes Coming with Steadfast Champion Pack on 5/16
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthDymond
05.12.2017 , 03:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
In the way that the most common pack drops were bronze, yes that will now be silver. However, internally we view the rarity of an item to be a reflection of the art time and quality of each item (this can be subjective to the player though based on what they "like"). So although you will receive more silver than items than before (instead of bronze), those items should be of a higher quality.
Silver quality at Bronze drop rates (adjusting for the "one is always a Chance Cube now" change), alright that's a fair enough pitch - although, as you mentioned, that "quality" element is pretty subjective, there have definitely been Packs where my favorite armor was a Bronze one.

As others have mentioned, this does have the effect of shifting the Unlock costs upward for the most common drops, so I hope the quality of what we see shows through. We really only have your word that Silver and Gold items are getting the same amount of TLC in the design process that they used to under the previous tiers.
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
I didn't think I'd ever see one of you guys admit that bronze-quality items were made ugly or from lazy reskins on purpose...
Seems like a bit of a jump to go from "take less time / effort relative to that put in on Silver / Gold / Plat items" to "ugly / lazy on purpose."

EDIT:
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
So were the cartel maket team deliberately making bad items that no one wanted for the bronze category.
Jeez, people really are pouncing to try to turn "we put different amounts of time / effort into the four different tiers" into "the lowest tier was deliberately garbage."
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

HunterGriff
05.12.2017 , 03:28 PM | #22
just get rid of the jawa scraps and add them to mission rewards or something...

DakhathKilrathi
05.12.2017 , 03:32 PM | #23
Translation: now unlock costs are going to be higher for the same quality junk! Isn't that great?

Kaldron_Fell
05.12.2017 , 04:00 PM | #24
Lower the unlock costs for silver and gold items to that of the current bronze and silver items respectively. Otherwise this comes off as a money grab.

Oh, and didn't we have this already, a year or two ago? Remember how that didn't go over well at all?
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

EricMusco
05.12.2017 , 04:12 PM | #25 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

The team is aware of the concern regarding collection unlock prices and will be talking about options. No changes are currently planned, but we are looking at what we can do in the future. I will pass on any updates I receive from the team!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Costello
05.12.2017 , 04:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
EDIT:

Jeez, people really are pouncing to try to turn "we put different amounts of time / effort into the four different tiers" into "the lowest tier was deliberately garbage."
No thats in response to them scrapping the bronze category. It works two ways one that they will continue to produce the same quality items and call them silver items. A rose by any other name. Or that bronze items were deliberately made worse to differentiate them from Silver, so an economy item use to pad the lock boxes to reduce people's chance of getting the higher quality gear. And this change will result in them no longer putting poor quality items in the lock boxes.

Rankyn
05.12.2017 , 04:27 PM | #27
What you are asking about sounds like the Bronze / Silver / Gold <type> packs, such as the Silver Decorations pack, etc. Those types of packs the team puts on and off at various points in the year. I will pass on your interest for the deco version.
-eric
I would much rather have completely separate decoration packs because as it is, so many deco items are just stupidly rare and expensive for no good reason.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

Darkside
05.12.2017 , 04:28 PM | #28
[color=#f9d648]

What you are asking about sounds like the Bronze / Silver / Gold <type> packs, such as the Silver Decorations pack, etc. Those types of packs the team puts on and off at various points in the year. I will pass on your interest for the deco version.

-eric
No, what she means is that we want hypercrates/packs available to us that are nothing but decorations. From bronze to platinum quality. So instead of buying your typical hypercrate, we would have the option to buy a decoration hypercrate. Of course price would be commensurate to quantity and quality of the decorations. You could even take it a step further and pattern it after a normal hypercrate. In that you can make a variation of the chance cubes that drop decorations from the older packs.
O=============================O

DARK HOLOCRON

O=============================O

FREE Server Transfer + FREE 7 Day Subscription + FREE Stuff = CLICK HERE!

Deewe
05.12.2017 , 04:40 PM | #29
Hey folks,

Currently, when you open a pack you will receive:
  • Two items New pack item(s) and/or Grand Chance Cube(s)
  • Two misc. Jawa Scraps and Companion Gifts

Starting with the Steadfast Champion pack on May 16th, you will now receive the following:
  • One new pack item
  • One Grand Chance Cube
  • Two misc. Jawa Scraps and Companion Gifts

Additionally, packs will now only contain Silver, Gold, and Platinum rarity items. What this change means is that you will more consistently get new pack items (since one is guaranteed in each pack) and you will have a much greater chance of getting Silver, Gold, and Platinum items than you did previously. Our plan moving forward is that we are not going to be making Bronze quality armor sets, decorations, etc. any longer. Our focus is to ensure the new items in each pack are of the highest quality, giving you greater value for your investment.

Let us know what you think! Thanks everyone.

-eric
Hi Eric,

Issue with Grand Chance Cube(s) is while some like them others just can't stand them anymore.
With the current plan you are just making both these population not happy.

For a win/win situation I'd strongly suggest to move away the Grand Chance Cube(s) from the regular packs and create specific Grand Chance Cube(s) packs.

A mitigation would be to allow players buying regular packs to choose (check box?) whether they want Grand Chance Cube(s) or only current packs items. But then it's not optimal for those only looking after Grand Chance Cube(s), unless... you allow players to choose which kind of box they are opening for both items slots.

In regards of the bronze quality removal, it look more like the junk items will now be tagged with a silver $.

If you want to make packs more popular and less seen as a lottery "racket" bring back the architects packs way, in which each pack had a decoration in them.

Then add back cartel certificates and reputations in the packs.

Finally please remove the countdown on being able to sell the CM items. It's a real annoyance for players.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

XorrOn
05.12.2017 , 04:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by HunterGriff View Post
just get rid of the jawa scraps and add them to mission rewards or something...
I would rather if they didn't do that.
If you happen to have a non standard companion like a nexu, you can use the jawa premium mats to buy custom outfits for your companion.
But to be fair this is the only item of value I see coming from any quality of the jawa junk/scrap.
It would be nice if they added some better options for useage on the jawa junk. Like being ale to buy more and better stuff with it.