Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Pack Changes Coming with Steadfast Champion Pack on 5/16

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Pack Changes Coming with Steadfast Champion Pack on 5/16
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.12.2017 , 01:58 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Currently, when you open a pack you will receive:
  • Two items New pack item(s) and/or Grand Chance Cube(s)
  • Two misc. Jawa Scraps and Companion Gifts

Starting with the Steadfast Champion pack on May 16th, you will now receive the following:
  • One new pack item
  • One Grand Chance Cube

Additionally, packs will now only contain Silver, Gold, and Platinum rarity items. What this change means is that you will more consistently get new pack items (since one is guaranteed in each pack) and you will have a much greater chance of getting Silver, Gold, and Platinum items than you did previously. Our plan moving forward is that we are not going to be making Bronze quality armor sets, decorations, etc. any longer. Our focus is to ensure the new items in each pack are of the highest quality, giving you greater value for your investment.

Let us know what you think! Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darkside
05.12.2017 , 02:10 PM | #2
Without bronze quality items you will cause all remaining items to be hugely devalued. Will pack cost be decreased for the noticeably fewer items, or will it be increased in order to maintain rarity value? Or are you adjusting rarity drop rate down?
O=============================O

DARK HOLOCRON

O=============================O

FREE Server Transfer + FREE 7 Day Subscription + FREE Stuff = CLICK HERE!

idontknowseven
05.12.2017 , 02:15 PM | #3
Did we not have similar changes in the not so distant past?
You removed the bronze items in Jan 2016 with this post here
You then added them back again in June 2016 with this post here
Now you want to go back again to the Jan 2016 version?

DarthDymond
05.12.2017 , 02:21 PM | #4
If there are no Bronze items in the drop tables, won't that mean Silver items are now effectively Bronze rarity, just with a different colored icon?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

casirabit
05.12.2017 , 02:30 PM | #5
Eric,

Wouldn't it be better if you make a decorations in a separate pack instead of combining them with the armor packs In this way the ones that want decorations can buy that pack instead of taking a chance with getting armor, because for me there is no armor lately that I really care for and would much prefer the decorations. I am just a little picky on armor and nothing lately I like.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

tummiswtor
05.12.2017 , 02:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Currently, when you open a pack you will receive:
  • Two items New pack item(s) and/or Grand Chance Cube(s)

Starting with the Steadfast Champion pack on May 16th, you will now receive the following:
  • One new pack item
  • One Grand Chance Cube

Additionally, packs will now only contain Silver, Gold, and Platinum rarity items. What this change means is that you will more consistently get new pack items (since one is guaranteed in each pack) and you will have a much greater chance of getting Silver, Gold, and Platinum items than you did previously. Our plan moving forward is that we are not going to be making Bronze quality armor sets, decorations, etc. any longer. Our focus is to ensure the new items in each pack are of the highest quality, giving you greater value for your investment.

Let us know what you think! Thanks everyone.

-eric
Bronze items in pack or not... no difference. Silver & Golden rate last time looks like Bronze anyway so no difference.
Want 7 days of subscription free?
Feel free to use my Referral Friend link!

http://www.swtor.com/r/KFtMTM

AshlaBoga
05.12.2017 , 02:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
If there are no Bronze items in the drop tables, won't that mean Silver items are now effectively Bronze rarity, just with a different colored icon?
Like how a coffee shop I worked at had Tall, Large and Extra Large but not medium or small.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

tummiswtor
05.12.2017 , 02:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by idontknowseven View Post
Did we not have similar changes in the not so distant past?
You removed the bronze items in Jan 2016 with this post here
You then added them back again in June 2016 with this post here
Now you want to go back again to the Jan 2016 version?
I hope rest of game direction will go back to 2016 or even time after release
Want 7 days of subscription free?
Feel free to use my Referral Friend link!

http://www.swtor.com/r/KFtMTM

EricMusco
05.12.2017 , 02:47 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
In the way that the most common pack drops were bronze, yes that will now be silver. However, internally we view the rarity of an item to be a reflection of the art time and quality of each item (this can be subjective to the player though based on what they "like"). So although you will receive more silver than items than before (instead of bronze), those items should be of a higher quality.

Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Eric,

Wouldn't it be better if you make a decorations in a separate pack instead of combining them with the armor packs In this way the ones that want decorations can buy that pack instead of taking a chance with getting armor, because for me there is no armor lately that I really care for and would much prefer the decorations. I am just a little picky on armor and nothing lately I like.
What you are asking about sounds like the Bronze / Silver / Gold <type> packs, such as the Silver Decorations pack, etc. Those types of packs the team puts on and off at various points in the year. I will pass on your interest for the deco version.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Costello
05.12.2017 , 02:48 PM | #10
So were the cartel maket team deliberately making bad items that no one wanted for the bronze category.

It seems to get rid of bronze items all you do is rebrand them as silver and vastly increase the drop rate of silver keeping platinum as super rare. So can you explain what removing bronze items means, will this quality of item no longer be made cause they weren't very good and if that is the case, why were they being made in the first place except to reduce the chance of people getting what they wanted.