Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 16th, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.12.2017 , 02:30 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, May 16th in order to perform back end updates. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance. SWTOR.com will also be down during this time.

Details:
DATE: 16 May 2017
TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GENXPS
05.12.2017 , 03:46 PM | #2
*** BIOWARE is every Tuesday to be a maintenance day with no patch or content or class balance.

snarf_
05.12.2017 , 03:57 PM | #3
So Harbinger will be down for 12 hours on Tuesday?

CaptRogue
05.12.2017 , 04:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GENXPS View Post
*** BIOWARE is every Tuesday to be a maintenance day with no patch or content or class balance.
Would be nice, IF they could fix the bugs/probs. Them going for month or two between bringing servers down in the past was crazy for an MMO.
Should do like WoW. Down every Tues for maintenance & server resets. Clears up the bugs & issues.
Interested in a Free Server Transfer, 7 Days Sub & More? Follow that link to get started!

DarkLordSnake
05.12.2017 , 04:56 PM | #5
Or yet better idea...
How about we shut down swtor for an entire month, nothing but maintenance all month!
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Resputin
05.12.2017 , 05:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, May 16th in order to perform back end updates. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance. SWTOR.com will also be down during this time.

Details:
DATE: 16 May 2017
TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
Why can't we take down servers earlier like we did in the past. Here is a example of one maintenance back in 2013. I think these were so much more convenient to your player base.

On April 24th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.0.1 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Wednesday April 24th, 2013
Duration: 5 hours
Time: 2AM PDT (9AM GMT) to 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

Spyderwraith
05.12.2017 , 05:48 PM | #7
So basically Harbinger will be down until Wednesday May 17th.
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

americanaussie
05.12.2017 , 07:32 PM | #8
*sigh* more extra downtime for harbinger.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

americanaussie
05.12.2017 , 07:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Resputin View Post
Why can't we take down servers earlier like we did in the past. Here is a example of one maintenance back in 2013. I think these were so much more convenient to your player base.

On April 24th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.0.1 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Wednesday April 24th, 2013
Duration: 5 hours
Time: 2AM PDT (9AM GMT) to 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)
Would you know it that was one of my reasons for cancelling the sub? Took up my WHOLE Aussie evening. So. Like. No. For the love of God NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. I miss central *standard* time because it meant 12am my time rather than 10 pm. But I can handle 10pm. Not going to pay for a game that's always down on Tuesday evening from 5pm until whenever. It was usually midnight. So no. Please no. I can't reiterate no enough. And yes I put that in the reason you're leaving space.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

Tarbuch
05.13.2017 , 01:22 AM | #10
Maybe they are trying to recreate the Harbringer database corrution issue on all servers this time.
Infernum aliud est populus!