Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Satele Shan armor - discount vs regular price ... wait what? Musco need clarification

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Satele Shan armor - discount vs regular price ... wait what? Musco need clarification
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

heroldjedi
05.09.2017 , 03:11 PM | #1
Wait a minute ... "DISCOUNTED PRICE: Tuesday, May 9 Friday, May 12 @ 6AM PDT 2,600 CCs NOW 2,132 CARTEL COINS

REGULAR PRICE: Friday, May 12 @ 6AM PDT Tuesday, May 16 1,800 CARTEL COINS"

So ... price before may 9 is 2600
Between may 9 - 12 price is 2132
After may 12 price is 1800?

So why the hell would I buy it for "Discount" at 2132 if I can just wait another week and get it for 1800? Or am I totally misreading this?
Explorer //Beastmaster //Loremaster //Living Legend

Celise
05.09.2017 , 03:52 PM | #2
i'm guessing someone fudged the 1 for the 2 on the keyboard .

ObsidianBones
05.09.2017 , 04:26 PM | #3
Figures that as soon as it's on the Cartel Market, I don't have enough Cartel Coins, and don't have the extra funds in my RL account to get more coins. Go figure. No, I'm not asking anyone to purchase it for me or anything; it just bites that the armor I've been wanting since I started playing is now on sale and I can't buy it. Guess I'll keep my eyes on the GTN.

Also willing to bet that Revan's armor will go up for sale soon.

DenariusJay
05.09.2017 , 04:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ObsidianBones View Post
Figures that as soon as it's on the Cartel Market, I don't have enough Cartel Coins, and don't have the extra funds in my RL account to get more coins. Go figure. No, I'm not asking anyone to purchase it for me or anything; it just bites that the armor I've been wanting since I started playing is now on sale and I can't buy it. Guess I'll keep my eyes on the GTN.

Also willing to bet that Revan's armor will go up for sale soon.
What server you on?
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Denzel Washington

Theeko
05.09.2017 , 05:38 PM | #5
Pretty soon we won't even need to buy gambling boxes anymore

ObsidianBones
05.09.2017 , 07:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
What server you on?
Ebon Hawk. About to login right now with my Agent.

Icykill_
05.09.2017 , 09:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by heroldjedi View Post
Wait a minute ... "DISCOUNTED PRICE: Tuesday, May 9 Friday, May 12 @ 6AM PDT 2,600 CCs NOW 2,132 CARTEL COINS

REGULAR PRICE: Friday, May 12 @ 6AM PDT Tuesday, May 16 1,800 CARTEL COINS"

So ... price before may 9 is 2600
Between may 9 - 12 price is 2132
After may 12 price is 1800?

So why the hell would I buy it for "Discount" at 2132 if I can just wait another week and get it for 1800? Or am I totally misreading this?
I haven't logged in because of all the drama on Harbinger. So I apologise for my ignorance.

Is the Satele Shan armor set now available to buy direct from the Cartel market and what is the price.
If it is for sale, do I wait for this 1800cc?
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

mike_carton
05.11.2017 , 11:23 AM | #8
They updated the promotion text. It now says the price will go back to the regular 2600 cc after May 12 and will only be available for a few days after that.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

DreadtechSavant
05.11.2017 , 02:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I haven't logged in because of all the drama on Harbinger. So I apologise for my ignorance.

Is the Satele Shan armor set now available to buy direct from the Cartel market and what is the price.
If it is for sale, do I wait for this 1800cc?
2132 CC BY DIRECT SALE. Not sure where the 1800 cc comes from as mentioned above but as suggested it may well be an error and should be 2800 cc.

Never mind, direct above post has correct answer about the 1800 cc part.

BTW Icykill http://dulfy.net/ always has the present weeks cartel sales listed. So worth adding the site to your favourite folder if there is another time you can't or don't want to log in.

EricMusco
05.11.2017 , 02:27 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
It looks like the team already caught it and corrected it. The article now lists the correct sale information: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170509

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]