Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why aren't Weapons a Part of Outfit Designer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why aren't Weapons a Part of Outfit Designer?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Luinthoron
05.11.2017 , 06:24 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
I guess a hood setting would be useful but not really essential when you can easily enough put hoods down on hooded outfits with the use of certain circlets which end up barely visible if you have hair but will lower the hood. Some circlets don't do it though so preview before buying till you hit the right one.
Oh, the various headgear that does this is immensely useful indeed, but gets removed in cutscenes like helmets so you end up with the hood up again.
server: The Progenitor | Ref. link
Alanar, Asrea, Mirocen | Arileen, Shiesa, Lioneth | Saji, Shialea, Malae, Seneth, Sirenica | Iristhan, Hotora, Melend | Shinanth, Mirilae, Argente, Shirobi | Marean, Emedea, Osiric, Solacean, Nika | Eien, Rineda, Faridh, Athean | Seikenshi, Learica, Manek, Rimia

SteveTheCynic
05.11.2017 , 07:07 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
It's just one/two slots, you can carry the weapons with you if you want to switch them for an outfit.

Better than having BW spend a lot more hours developing a separate outfit slot interface for weapons.
Good thing I'm not using an Eternal Commander MK-15 (T2) that costs a lot of doodlypoints to get, then.

Oh. Wait. I am using an Eternal Commander MK-15. But I don't want it to look like that. (Before that, I was using an MK-14 that made me look like one of those people advertising Coca Cola or something, with a giant can on my back. Uglier than a very ugly thing, and not moddable.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Quraswren
05.11.2017 , 07:31 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
We've been discussing this one a lot recently, and we're working on how we could fit it into the schedule for this year. Once that gets firmed up we'll let y'all know
While that doesn't actually mean we will get it, at least you are looking at the possibility.

So thats a start.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

kodrac
05.11.2017 , 07:36 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Keep comments coming into this thread so that they take notice and make a Weapon Designer!
Something something Quinn. There. Now the fangirl army will keep this thread alive. Thank me later.

masterceil
05.11.2017 , 07:44 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Something something Quinn. There. Now the fangirl army will keep this thread alive. Thank me later.
You mean I can apply Quinn's weapon in outfit designer so we can match?! SQUEEEEEE!!

Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

TUXs
05.11.2017 , 08:00 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Omg I'm so grateful I've been holding onto old orange and purple weapons, and even cool green named ones! I'm so ready to open the wallet a little for this change.
You're not alone...I hoard too much crap myself. I held onto my Elite Warhero Gear, PRAYING there would eventually be an appearance tab...and there WAS!!! Sadly, all start at 60 toons got the same armor (minus helmet), but I have the original
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
05.11.2017 , 09:09 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Luinthoron View Post
Oh, the various headgear that does this is immensely useful indeed, but gets removed in cutscenes like helmets so you end up with the hood up again.
Ahhh yeah that sucks soooo much. For me though it will only happen in companion conversations. But of course they are usually the main ones you want a hood down on

streunekatze
05.11.2017 , 09:10 AM | #48
Oh yes please, I would love this! I always take out all the mods to put them into the lightsaber I got ages ago because I love that one sooooo much <3

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
05.11.2017 , 09:10 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by tummiswtor View Post
And hood disappear completly, and robe looks like coat... no thanks dumbest look ever :P
Just a suggestion :/

Andryah
05.11.2017 , 09:27 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
We've been discussing this one a lot recently, and we're working on how we could fit it into the schedule for this year. Once that gets firmed up we'll let y'all know
I think most players would love this appearance feature added to the game. So great to hear.

That said.... note closely what Charles said and how he said it. It's VERY open ended. It may end up like other things promised in the past... where they say they are working on something and then come back later and tell us they could not get it to work and have tabled it.

Also note >>>> this is the first post in the forum from Charles in almost two years, even though he is Creative Director for SWTOR, and has had a key role in SWTOR for years. Positive context: If Keith achieves nothing as Producer other then more transparency and interaction with players by key people responsible for the progress of SWTOR.... that is good news. Negative context: But of course it's not enough.. words have to be followed up by actions that match the words.

I have to give this "promise" a vote of -------> embrace it if/when we actually see it, and temper expectations until then.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO