Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remember Dragon Age 2?

Aowar
12.13.2011 , 06:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
Much like the staggered launch of this game, most of us realized what was going to happen when BIOWARE TOLD US AHEAD OF TIME.

Because clearly notifying someone before hand makes every activity right.

Comradebot
12.13.2011 , 06:22 PM | #12
Let's be honest: if they let everyone in at once right now, then a bunch of the people who pre-ordered day one would be QQing that Bioware promised them they'd have the first shot at playing.

It's been the plan since pre-orders started. Anyone complaining about it now were given ample warning.
Click Here to Donate to the Barrett Greyjoy Intergalactic Zoo & Dewback Ranch™ (Referral Link)
All Cartel Coins earned from referrals will be dedicated to funding The Barrett Greyjoy Intergalactic Zoo & Dewback Ranch™, coming soon to The Shadowlands

yomanaaiton
12.13.2011 , 06:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
Much like the staggered launch of this game, most of us realized what was going to happen when BIOWARE TOLD US AHEAD OF TIME.
Wait, BioWare said Dragon Age 2 would be god awful?

I don't remember that.

Makar
12.13.2011 , 06:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aowar View Post
Because clearly notifying someone before hand makes every activity right.
No, but I'd hoped it'd reduce the amount of "I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS GOING TO BE LIKE THIS" complaints. I was wrong.
Squadron 238 Tester

Nanotech
12.13.2011 , 06:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by coughxcool View Post
I dont think you read my original post. I wasnt complaining or saying that I did not expect this ahead of time. I was more saying that the customer grief which is littering the boards could have been avoided with a little more careful planning. Thanks for that, though.
I objectively agree.

Attaraxia
12.13.2011 , 06:22 PM | #16
i know you think you're smart and all just from the condescending post... but to break your sentence down to its base elements:

"I can't believe people are surprised bioware made a mistake. they've made a mistake before, of COURSE they're going to make one again!"

sounds sillier now, doesn't it
*Star Wars quote with colored text and ASCII lightsabers*

Tobitor
12.13.2011 , 06:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by coughxcool View Post
Careful planning shouldn't result in tons of people whining on a message board. The part of the planning they obviously neglected was thinking about the community reaction.

And please don't construe this post as me whining because I have not yet received early access. I pre-ordered like a week ago and at no point did I expect to get on before the 18th or 19th. I'm merely observing the community's reaction and offering my opinion on it.
No amount of planing wouldve work with these people, if they cant read the terms of early access for themselves what else bioware could do?

Paralassa
12.13.2011 , 06:24 PM | #18
Hi there!

There is an active discussion thread for the topic of early game access:

Final Wave Sent!

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!