Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blockk
05.09.2017 , 06:31 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright, got a few updates!

What happened? During maintenance today we did extensive back-end database maintenance to the Harbinger. These issues are a side-effect from that maintenance.

How much longer? We have isolated a fix for the issue and are working on it as I type this. We estimate about an hour from now to get the fix implemented. Then at that point we will need to verify the fix, etc. So we are a looking at more than an hour still, but we are well on the path to getting it resolved.

What will happen to my characters? If you haven't logged in since today's maintenance, there will be no impact at all. If you did login today, it is still likely that you will not be impacted (there is no rollback). There are some circumstances which could cause you to be missing an item or two once we are live again. We are isolating the impacted characters and what items are missing so we can restore them. Our goal is to have that happen without the need for you to contact CS. I will update you once I have more information.

TLDR - We are looking at an ETA of over an hour still and there shouldn't be impact to most characters. More to come!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Cheers - all I ever need is an update and an ETA, knowledge is power

pavelgabi
05.09.2017 , 06:34 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Blockk View Post
Cheers - all I ever need is an update and an ETA, knowledge is power
So it will be another hour?

collorious
05.09.2017 , 06:38 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by pavelgabi View Post
So it will be another hour?
It was another hour another hour ago!

RubyRiver
05.09.2017 , 06:38 PM | #84
There have been so many issues with The Harbinger for awhile. To what do you attribute the issue(s), Eric?

pavelgabi
05.09.2017 , 06:42 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Loska View Post
Thanks for the updates!
Really hope items have not been lost! because ppl have mentioned full legacy sets of 248 going missing,
Lets hope so

pavelgabi
05.09.2017 , 06:43 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright, got a few updates!

What happened? During maintenance today we did extensive back-end database maintenance to the Harbinger. These issues are a side-effect from that maintenance.

How much longer? We have isolated a fix for the issue and are working on it as I type this. We estimate about an hour from now to get the fix implemented. Then at that point we will need to verify the fix, etc. So we are a looking at more than an hour still, but we are well on the path to getting it resolved.

What will happen to my characters? If you haven't logged in since today's maintenance, there will be no impact at all. If you did login today, it is still likely that you will not be impacted (there is no rollback). There are some circumstances which could cause you to be missing an item or two once we are live again. We are isolating the impacted characters and what items are missing so we can restore them. Our goal is to have that happen without the need for you to contact CS. I will update you once I have more information.

TLDR - We are looking at an ETA of over an hour still and there shouldn't be impact to most characters. More to come!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
We need some compensation for this, i just payed a suscription and today was my only day off to play in the week!!!

EricMusco
05.09.2017 , 06:44 PM | #87 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks!

We have implemented the potential fix onto Harbinger and are moving into the verification / testing step. At this point, assuming all goes well, we are looking at 60 minutes or less to be live. Hopefully on the lower end of that ETA but we'll see. I will pass on any additional information as I have it.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Talon_strikes
05.09.2017 , 06:46 PM | #88
We need some compensation for this, i just payed a suscription and today was my only day off to play in the week!!!
Oh $0.49 a day, whatever shall you do?!

Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

SalinFawzy
05.09.2017 , 06:50 PM | #89
Why do people insist on wanting compensation, simply because they have a subscription. There are other servers up and if you really can't enjoy any other server, do the math. Each hour that the game is down is valued at $0.021/hour, based on a 30 day month at $14.99 per month.

Things happen. Software & hardware has problems. It's the way of life. They'll get it fixed and we'll be back on our merry way soon enough.

LemonsForScience
05.09.2017 , 06:53 PM | #90
"We need some compensation for this, i just payed a suscription and today was my only day off to play in the week!!! "

I agree. This was ridiculous. This has happened twice now in a week's time. I want to play on my toons.