Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BT/Ess Veteran mode gives 0 CXP

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jyungle
04.19.2017 , 05:38 PM | #1
Upon mission completion of either BT or Ess veteran mode, there is no CXP granted. Story and master mode give a CXP grant upon completion. I cannot find any other mission(not counting companion dialogs) that give 0 CXP, most give 50 CXP minimum

Evensong
05.01.2017 , 01:52 PM | #2
I can confirm that as well. Yesterday for the first time in a long time we tried to do veteran mode BT and aside of boss cxp we did not receive the end mission cxp award. We repeated it, still did not get it.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

SteveTheCynic
05.02.2017 , 02:26 AM | #3
I believe it's by design. You can be brain-dead and beat BT/SLS veteran solo with a level 17 character and rank 1 companion, so why should a level 70 get any special reward for it? (You still get the CXP packs dropped from the bosses though.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Mattke
05.08.2017 , 02:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I believe it's by design. You can be brain-dead and beat BT/SLS veteran solo with a level 17 character and rank 1 companion, so why should a level 70 get any special reward for it? (You still get the CXP packs dropped from the bosses though.)
If that is the case, then why do the starter area missions give CXP, if a level 70 goes back to do them? and why does story mode BT give more CXP?.

I sent a bug report about it on day one to customer support, and the reply I got via email was that they were as mystified about it as me, and forwarded my ticket to the bug department. They also advised me to do a /bug report to them myself, which I did.

Halinalle
05.08.2017 , 03:26 PM | #5
Because 3000+ CXP from level 10 content is way too much. Content where you can't die.

Not to even mention that you don't even need heals in there. I've completed both flashpoints before solo mode was added at level 14-17 with multiple different combos: dps+dps comp, dps+tank comp, dps+healer comp, tank+dps comp (back when companions only had one role).

EricMusco
05.09.2017 , 07:47 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
As some others in the thread have guessed, getting 0 CXP from Black Talon and Esseles is intended. The reason is that they are not balanced for level 70 characters and so CXP was not applied to their completion.

That being said, we realize this inconsistency can be confusing and so the team is discussing if changes are warranted.

Thanks.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Yezzan
05.09.2017 , 07:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As some others in the thread have guessed, getting 0 CXP from Black Talon and Esseles is intended. The reason is that they are not balanced for level 70 characters and so CXP was not applied to their completion.

That being said, we realize this inconsistency can be confusing and so the team is discussing if changes are warranted.

Thanks.

-eric
So whats the point of people, other than new players do this FP? remove it from the level 70 group finder.

Semiramis
05.09.2017 , 07:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
So whats the point of people, other than new players do this FP? remove it from the level 70 group finder.
Ahem... it was never in the group finder... Only until level 14!

BenKatarn
05.09.2017 , 09:58 AM | #9

Thanks.

-eric
Is that also the reason why Veteran and Master Mode Black Talon / Esseles are not in the Group Finder anymore? Or were too many people complaining that their teammates don't spacebar through the conversations fast enough?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

jmmiracle
05.09.2017 , 10:10 AM | #10

Thanks.

-eric
Eric,

If this is the case, then WHY does the STORY mode grant CXP at the end? Right now, VETERAN is the only one that does not grant CXP mission reward at the end. If you take it away from VET mode because the FP was not balanced for 70, then it should stand to reason that the STORY mode also needs to go.

Also, why wasn't this noted in the patch notes? Can we please make sure that changes like this are noted in the patch notes so we are not wasting our time with bug reports.