Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

JLazarillo
05.05.2017 , 07:28 PM | #71
Shout out to a guy who tanked DF in a random group I got from the Group Finder today. I was really worried at first, he came in as a "tank" wearing DPS gear, charged forward without regard to anyone or anything at the beginning...when the other tank got flattened by Nefla, I could feel a headache coming on...but it turned out that despite the immediately dubious look of his gear choices, our crazy tank was also a crazy good tank, and as he steamrolled his way through the Fortress without stopping to wait (no, actually, he did stop to state "Gotta go fast" in the Ops chat and do a Ready Check, once, right before Corruptor Zero, since half the team was still looting Grob'thok), and we steamrolled right behind him.

Now, maybe DF has just been really nerfed (I don't think I've run it since 4.0, to be honest), but my memories are all of that Operation being a real bear, and I'm still kind of in awe of this guy.

StupidWiz
05.07.2017 , 08:31 PM | #72
Red Reaper Master Mode as a Scoundrel healer.

There's this tank named Godstastic or whatever, we wiped in the usual Red Reaper spot (bunch of hard hitting Siths before the elevator to the first boss) and he said "Weak *** healing" and then left. The group was dispersed and I put him on ignore. I queued again for Red Reaper MM and we got a VG Tank who intended to clear the first room instead of passing through them like usual. That's not the interesting part, it's the Commando DPS whose name was Elitist Jerk that somewhat worried me. Given only the previous FP I had a bad taste being in one group with actual elitist.

So, we wiped once at the usual spot but we've taken some of em down so we cleared the rest when we got back there. I was thinking, when wiped, that this guy named "Elitist Jerk" would immediately leave and say something rude just like the guy before but he didn't. He just talked about how he's bugged out (no chat bar, no skill bar, etc) and we continued to the rest of the FP with no significant issues.

To that Commando guy, Elitist Jerk, if you read this, I want to say once again: Thank you for not being true to your name, and tolerating this "weak *** healer from the beginning to the end of the FP.
Currently active on Satele Shan server: Alenheim (Shadow)

... All I see is sky... for forever...

Tharandil
05.08.2017 , 02:30 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by StupidWiz View Post
Red Reaper Master Mode as a Scoundrel healer.

There's this tank named Godstastic or whatever, we wiped in the usual Red Reaper spot (bunch of hard hitting Siths before the elevator to the first boss) and he said "Weak *** healing" and then left. The group was dispersed and I put him on ignore. I queued again for Red Reaper MM and we got a VG Tank who intended to clear the first room instead of passing through them like usual. That's not the interesting part, it's the Commando DPS whose name was Elitist Jerk that somewhat worried me. Given only the previous FP I had a bad taste being in one group with actual elitist.

So, we wiped once at the usual spot but we've taken some of em down so we cleared the rest when we got back there. I was thinking, when wiped, that this guy named "Elitist Jerk" would immediately leave and say something rude just like the guy before but he didn't. He just talked about how he's bugged out (no chat bar, no skill bar, etc) and we continued to the rest of the FP with no significant issues.

To that Commando guy, Elitist Jerk, if you read this, I want to say once again: Thank you for not being true to your name, and tolerating this "weak *** healer from the beginning to the end of the FP.

What character level was your group? Usually 1 or 2 noobs would still be okay to run through red reaper as long as everybody knows the basics of theorie roles. Tank has to keep aggro, dps burn asap and keep healer allive...

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Bookworm_Jedi
05.08.2017 , 11:55 PM | #74
Got one! Man these are rare!

Tython on my 70 healer. A healer commando, a gunslinger I think, and one other. Immediately the commando starts pulling trash and we all follow. Got a funny feeling this could go poorly, but the mando is very good at what he's doing.

We get to the first boss. Before he types gonna respec, and I'm like sure ok. We take down the first boss. Onwards to the temple. Clear trash and get to he 2nd guy. I must heal pretty well since no one died or complained, and kolto stations were used. Clear the temple and the last dude. Think me and someone else died. We rez, grab the loot and finish the FP. IT WAS AWESOME

Don't remember the situation that well ,but all the players were added to my friend list. Got a Red Reaper pop with another good group, still on my 70 healer. Good times all around.

nootsie
05.10.2017 , 12:27 AM | #75
A couple weeks ago, I queue up for a random GF Master Mode Flashpoint on my Merc Healer. I mostly do Master Modes with guildies for CXP and conquest. But it was late at night and I was bored. So, I decided to queue solo to earn some more CXP. A few minutes after I queue, Blood Hunt pops. I thought to myself, "I wonder how many will have quit the group by the time I zone in." I have an adequate PC (used to be state of the art when I built it,) and it has always run the game great. Zoning in times vary, depending on instance. Anyway, when I zone in, I see none of the other 3, but when I moused over their names in the group frame, it said they were already in the instance. I never queue for in-progress groups, so I knew I was in a fresh run. I open up my map and they are already at the first boss waiting for me. The only thing I could think of was all 3 of them have current state of the art computers with T1 connections, SSDs and 0 ms server lag. Anyway, as soon as I reached them, the tank pulls before I had a chance to put kolto shells on everyone and to build my stacks. On top of that, the tank decided not to guard me but one of the DPS. I'm thinking at this point, that it will not go well. But to my surprise, these guys were pros. Tank was a powertech, one DPS was a sniper and the other was a Merc. The tank was the least geared but was able to hold threat and the 2 DPS were gunning down the adds as soon as they popped. I had no worries. I was completely protected and safe without needing a guard. I could cast my heals freely and keep everyone alive without constantly having to heal myself and running for my life. After the boss went down, I was able to take a few minutes to look at these other 3 players. They were all from the same guild. The 2 DPS were in Tier 4 gear and the tank was in a mix of T1, T2 and T3, as was I. So, the "easy" boss was down. Next came the 6 challenges (we did the bonus,) which went off without a hitch. Now the husband and wife boss team. This one went just as smoothly as the first boss, The tank did die during the fight (bad RNG and not from anything any of us did wrong,) but I quickly used the battle rez to get him back up and we quickly finished them off. The Shae Vizla fight was the smoothest fight of them all. It was the easiest time I ever had in MM/HM going back to 3.0. No one died or even came remotely close of dying on the final boss. Healing was a breeze and I didn't even have to ask the merc DPS to emergency off-heal, just in case. Normally when I DPS or heal MM Blood Hunt, extra healing is usually required by a DPS with off-heals because of the extra damage going out. After we completed it, I said in chat that you guys are great and that it was the smoothest Blood Hunt run I've ever had, even smoother than Vet mode runs with Kolto stations. LOL. Of course those three replied "Thank You" and bragged in chat that they were the best PVE guild on Harbinger. I thought to myself, "Funny I never heard of your guild." For All I know, maybe they were an offshoot or reincarnation of Zorz. They sure played like it. Their guild name was <Farming Numbers>. I have been on Harbinger for awhile now and I had never seen anyone from their guild prior to that Blood Hunt. My guild is a pretty big and very good PVE raiding guild on Harbinger (Hallowed on pub side, Desecrated on imp side) and I never had as smooth of a Blood Hunt with my guild as I did with those 3. I wish all HM/MM Blood Hunt FPs could go that smoothly.

KristoKal
05.10.2017 , 02:54 AM | #76
On top of that, the tank decided not to guard me but one of the DPS.

When I tank, I guard, who most likely pull aggro from me. Usually highest dd. Not heal. If healer pull aggro, then I guard healer, but usually its dd. In my experience, when I enter to master fp with 248 geared inflitration shadow and 230 geraed healer get Guard, it more likely go bad than fp, where tank guard me or other high dd.

nootsie
05.10.2017 , 10:39 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by KristoKal View Post
On top of that, the tank decided not to guard me but one of the DPS.

When I tank, I guard, who most likely pull aggro from me. Usually highest dd. Not heal. If healer pull aggro, then I guard healer, but usually its dd. In my experience, when I enter to master fp with 248 geared inflitration shadow and 230 geraed healer get Guard, it more likely go bad than fp, where tank guard me or other high dd.
I totally agree with that for most fights, but I was saying it just for the first boss fight of Blood Hunt because usually if the adds aren't taken out quickly by the DPS, the healer gets shot to shreds by the adds on that fight. And I did state that after I saw how these guys played, I had nothing to worry about because those DPS were on top of the adds as soon as they spawned and took them out quickly.

rileycohen
05.21.2017 , 07:30 PM | #78
I had a HM Taral V earlier this day. I was on my Shadow tank, forget what the 2 dps were but the 3 of us were geared all 230+. The healer was a 68 sage wearing the XP boosting armor with 160 mods. Still, we beat the whole thing with only one wipe.

WhosTher
05.22.2017 , 05:52 AM | #79
Lst time i did a flaspoint i had a full team with the most awsome guys. Got to say most my experiences online in this game have been positive with the other players, with the occasional meat head. This group was fun, helpfull and overall fun to play with for someone (me) who haddend played in a long time. I think this makes this game so much better. And im glad ive returned to play again.
Join/rejoin us in this wonderfull world of Star Wars

ejgandionco
06.14.2017 , 07:58 AM | #80
I usually play Master FPs on Imp side Harbinger since the queue there is faster. A while back, I queued as a Guardian tank and after a while, queue popped. Had the unfortunate fate of getting Blood Hunt. I thought about dropping the group but decided to give it a try. We had a Sage DPS, Mando Healer and I forgot the other DPS.

Before taking on the 1st boss, we had a quick rundown on tactics. Sage would focus on boss, the other guy on the adds. Hit enrage at roughly 20% and wiped. For the next try, Sage and the other DPS switched tactics. I also told the group that I could try skank tanking if we still cant beat Enrage.

We hit enrage around 10% but I quickly thought about kiting the boss while keeping threat on him via taunt. I tried to get much distance as possible since he may as well one-shot me when I'm close. Around 5% HP the boss got me, the other DPS shortly after. The boss turned towards the Sage, but he popped a barrier and killed the boss.

Next fight, the Mando couple: everything was going well until the part where they both shoot and stab you at the same time. I died and we wiped. Sage suggested that he will tank Valk. We went in again and finally beat them.

Last boss, my ping started acting up. I had lag spikes throughout the fight which quickly made me barbeque around 50%. Only Sage and Mando were standing. They surprisingly brought the boss down to around 15% when they could not go anymore. In the second try, all went well till I got a lag spike around 30%. Everyone except the Sage went down and the Sage surprisingly singlehandedly beat the boss.

I've heard that Sorcs/Sages had been nerfed to the ground but this guy played his class like a pro, even carried the group. Now that's something you don't see everyday.

Whoever you are, Sage with Dread Master Headgear and Tier IV Flair, you surely have impressed a mediocre tank.