Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kurtob Alliance

Dakkongj
05.03.2017 , 01:15 AM | #1
Was the Kurtob speeder nerfed? There is no mention of it in the patch notes.

I decided to start a new character to check out the new intros, yet the mount isn't going its normal 110% speed (as stated in the tooltip and what was used as a selling feature for it). It seems to be going 90% like the other mounts now

Macarrin
05.03.2017 , 03:26 AM | #2
I noticed this as well. On fleet, with speeder piloting I, it seemed actually slower to me than the victor's trailblazer, but I admit that it might not be. Just overall disappointed, I generally use the Alliance until i get speeder III and find something more interesting.

Dakkongj
05.03.2017 , 03:58 AM | #3
Hopefully this is a bug or a unintended change, because the 110% speed was the only reason to get the speeder. Which was originally used as their big incentive to get people to use their RaF program.

jagertharn
05.03.2017 , 04:01 AM | #4
It was changed long ago in 3.2 to adaptive. A quick forum search told me so. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...liance+speeder
Dack-janielsStar ForgeDak'janiels

Macarrin
05.03.2017 , 04:23 AM | #5
Except, the Kurtob Alliance was not actually changed, every other non-adaptive speeder was, such as the Avalanche Heavy Tank and those floating Czerka lawnmower things from the planetary speeder vendors. Even this moment, the tooltip for the Alliance states: "...increasing movement speed to 110% regardless of the rank of your Speeder Piloting skill..." Plus it was working as written 4 days ago when I made a new vanguard. This is either a nerf, or more likely, a really odd bug.

Damask_Rose
05.03.2017 , 05:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jagertharn View Post
It was changed long ago in 3.2 to adaptive. A quick forum search told me so. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...liance+speeder
There was enough outcry from people about the proposed change that they decided to leave the Kurtob Alliance at 110% as advertised.
Still waiting for Quinn's "meaningful" reunion!

Nexdine
05.03.2017 , 07:16 AM | #7
If it isn't 110% now, it should be fixed. It's not otherwise a very attractive mount, but it comes in handy if you start a new character.

Granted, these days you can get a fast mount earlier than ever before, but still. It was a reward for referring 5 people. It should still be there for those who have.

GelstonJ
05.03.2017 , 07:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexdine View Post
If it isn't 110% now, it should be fixed. It's not otherwise a very attractive mount, but it comes in handy if you start a new character.

Granted, these days you can get a fast mount earlier than ever before, but still. It was a reward for referring 5 people. It should still be there for those who have.
It is a reward for 1 person.
Puppymonkeybaby - Click this thing to give me stuff.
I guess you get stuff too.

ModaanOfTarq
05.03.2017 , 08:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakkongj View Post
Was the Kurtob speeder nerfed? There is no mention of it in the patch notes.

I decided to start a new character to check out the new intros, yet the mount isn't going its normal 110% speed (as stated in the tooltip and what was used as a selling feature for it). It seems to be going 90% like the other mounts now

Agreed. I'm hoping it's fixed soon.
Hello! If you're wanting to try out this awesome game and you're new,
please click here to receive 1 free week of gameplay!

Andryah
05.03.2017 , 09:45 AM | #10
While it was listed as changed quite a while ago, I don't think it actually was. Hence, this could has simply been a clean up to "working as intended". For several major patches now I see the studio progressively doing things to harmonize and streamline how everything works in game.

Honestly, I never use the mount anymore. There are so many more enjoyable mounts to choose from AND we have so many quick travel options, from level 1 onward. Besides the difference in speed between 90% and 110% is really not that significant (which is a whole other discussion topic).

The 110% speed at level 1 was a great incentive to promote referrals back in the early days of the game, but now days... not so much... precisely because we have so many quick travel options in game now.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html