Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MandFlurry
05.02.2017 , 07:03 PM | #751
Quote: Originally Posted by BloodKnightRogue View Post
Quoted for truth - I love Musco and Keith for staying in touch and being earnest but this is an obvious technical failure that people in my company would be fired over for not foreseeing any 3rd party-related obstacles.
As for me working around IT's and other Techs like Air Force and Military bases that i've personally been around. People would have been fired years ago, not just from EA/Bioware but also other MMO's as well old and new. Biggest problem is in finding a better Company in just about milliseconds, because once you fire that one company you better have 1 already waiting to take over. Even our strongest parts of defence go through some bad people and organizational problems.

Sure we fire people, but then we have to worry about the minds of the people in our Company that has taken' over. Firing and hiring new companies to take over technical services is a catch 22 situation.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

MandFlurry
05.02.2017 , 07:05 PM | #752
Quote: Originally Posted by CombatLord View Post
You claim to go without food and water, yet you have money for a sub???
That's right, it keeps me a bit more sane, and my mind off of food and other essentials. It a very mental game. Plus, I use this Computer as a line of communications when possible, sine we have no phone service.

Also, the Antenna TV movie stations help to when you just have Tuna, Chicken and other canned stuff that starts to run very low. It helps Mentally.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

KeithKanneg
05.02.2017 , 08:21 PM | #753 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Congrats, you guys managed to fix things just in time for you to punch out and go home fore the day. It's amazing what people can do when they are motivated.
Some people maybe, but many of us on the team were still here making sure things continued to run smoothly.
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

FafsBG
05.02.2017 , 08:24 PM | #754
I still can't log in
EDIT: Restarted the launcher and got past the login screen and started downloading. Let's see if it works after.
Referral link for 7 days of Premium + some goodies. More here.

KeithKanneg
05.02.2017 , 08:32 PM | #755 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by FafsBG View Post
I still can't log in
EDIT: Restarted the launcher and got past the login screen and started downloading. Let's see if it works after.
Great, that's what I was going to recommend. We saw the same behavior on a few our systems, but after we restarted the launcher, all seemed fine. We'll keep an eye on this issue, too.
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Racestarwind
05.02.2017 , 08:38 PM | #756
Perhaps what disturbs me most is that I have not heard of a single individual using today's down-time to watch the movies or listen to the musical scores, which is, of course, the entire reason we love this franchise to begin with. Shame on you.
Perform a miracle every day, think for yourself.

DragonKillar
05.02.2017 , 08:43 PM | #757
Sorry if this has already been dealt with but I can't get the patch to download. Restarted the launcher then get stuck on initializing before being told the application has encountered an error and to try re-patching.

FafsBG
05.02.2017 , 08:48 PM | #758
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Great, that's what I was going to recommend. We saw the same behavior on a few our systems, but after we restarted the launcher, all seemed fine. We'll keep an eye on this issue, too.
Works fine now it seems. Have only tried one character on TRE so far but if I encounter any other issues, I'll be sure to report them.
I hope the people posting about login/launcher issues can get back into it as well.
Referral link for 7 days of Premium + some goodies. More here.

Ryudenko
05.02.2017 , 08:49 PM | #759
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
I got in-game for about an hour or so earlier today, but now, I can't seem to launch the game.

After entering passwords on the log-in screen, it seems to stay "busy" much longer than normal, but it will eventually kick over to the launch screen. It stalls for a moment there, as if looking for the patch to update (but that's already updated earlier today), and then finally activates the PLAY button, along with the customary power-up sound. However, when I hit PLAY, it never launches the game window.

I'm going to re-boot my entire system to see if that has any effect. (No change after re-boot. The two delays mentioned above seem to last 15-20 seconds each.)

Racestarwind
05.02.2017 , 08:49 PM | #760
Eric and Keith, bravo to you and your technicians. Complainers exist, it is a given. The situation has been resolved, as anticipated. To quote a philosophy from a different galaxy: "The universe will unfold, as it should." I applaud your efforts and congratulate you on a successful update. Patience is lost among the impatient; your professionalism in the face of this antagonism is commendable and appreciated. Long live the Republic. (It's the name of the game, after all, lol.)
Perform a miracle every day, think for yourself.