What is the best/fastest way to get cxp and to get 248 gear?

sparkdva

Join an ops group for the hardest content for specific piece drops from the final bosses.

But in the meantime, you can gain fast CXP by buying a boost from the vendor on fleet, unlocking the boosts in your character perks as well.

THEN: pick up the daily and weeklies for PvP and GSF

Queue for both and keep queuing, remember to refresh the PVP daily after the first turn-in.

The CXP is linked to the medals you earn and whether you win or lose - and the dallies tick by faster for a win ( counts for 2) - So try your best and don't just sit in a corner AFK.

Between pops, do any content from the command screen that is a bonus for the day- Or just do a quick chapter - Chapters 1 and 2 of KoTFE are pretty quick and on story mode very easy. - If you're competent at soloing stuff, try them on the other difficulties.

There are also dailies and weeklies. - such as black hole, ORicon, Ziost and Czerka. - Some of them have a bonus for doing all the different missions in a week, so for example, do them all first time around, then just the number you need if you go back to that planet again in the week.

- For a couple of hours play, and some decent pops, you can get to rank 300 quite quickly, once there, the tier 4 crates drop around 3-4 every couple of hours. - Open them and take anything that is an upgrade, disintegrate anything else. ( (unless you need it as a hand-in to upgrade-) Tho' the companion gifts you can keep coz they're marginally better to use than to trash. The unassembled components should tick up quite quickly, around 200-400 a week depending on how much you play and how many extra PvP matches you can squeeze in ( and the result) - So that's easily a gear piece a week on top of any ops drops.

Do planetary heroics for some extra CXP - You'll soon know which are the quickest. - Corellia, Voss, Drommund Kaas on Imperial side are about the fastest. - But if you mix and match, you can avoid getting bored out of your mind.

Champion mobs are worth over 100 CXP with the boost on, so farm any you know you can down easily.

You can time your hand-ins to coincide with your alignment victory state, but TBH it's a bit of a PITA juggling it.

With all those H2s and WZ and conquest points ( Sell the weekly conquest awards) , you'll be rolling in credits too! - Yay!

GL. You'll have a full set of 248 in a few weeks.... in time for BW to move the goalposts again, and increase the cap. :rolleyes:

TLDR: Que for WZ and GSF with daily and weekly active, join OPS, do lots of stuff in game. Always have a boost running -and a spare in case it runs out. Grind like a mad thing.:rak_04:

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Join an ops group for the hardest content for specific piece drops from the final bosses.

But in the meantime, you can gain fast CXP by buying a boost from the vendor on fleet, unlocking the boosts in your character perks as well.

THEN: pick up the daily and weeklies for PvP and GSF

Queue for both and keep queuing, remember to refresh the PVP daily after the first turn-in.

The CXP is linked to the medals you earn and whether you win or lose - and the dallies tick by faster for a win ( counts for 2) - So try your best and don't just sit in a corner AFK.

Between pops, do any content from the command screen that is a bonus for the day- Or just do a quick chapter - Chapters 1 and 2 of KoTFE are pretty quick and on story mode very easy. - If you're competent at soloing stuff, try them on the other difficulties.

There are also dailies and weeklies. - such as black hole, ORicon, Ziost and Czerka. - Some of them have a bonus for doing all the different missions in a week, so for example, do them all first time around, then just the number you need if you go back to that planet again in the week.

- For a couple of hours play, and some decent pops, you can get to rank 300 quite quickly, once there, the tier 4 crates drop around 3-4 every couple of hours. - Open them and take anything that is an upgrade, disintegrate anything else. ( (unless you need it as a hand-in to upgrade-) Tho' the companion gifts you can keep coz they're marginally better to use than to trash. The unassembled components should tick up quite quickly, around 200-400 a week depending on how much you play and how many extra PvP matches you can squeeze in ( and the result) - So that's easily a gear piece a week on top of any ops drops.

Do planetary heroics for some extra CXP - You'll soon know which are the quickest. - Corellia, Voss, Drommund Kaas on Imperial side are about the fastest. - But if you mix and match, you can avoid getting bored out of your mind.

Champion mobs are worth over 100 CXP with the boost on, so farm any you know you can down easily.

You can time your hand-ins to coincide with your alignment victory state, but TBH it's a bit of a PITA juggling it.

With all those H2s and WZ and conquest points ( Sell the weekly conquest awards) , you'll be rolling in credits too! - Yay!

GL. You'll have a full set of 248 in a few weeks.... in time for BW to move the goalposts again, and increase the cap. :rolleyes:

TLDR: Que for WZ and GSF with daily and weekly active, join OPS, do lots of stuff in game. Always have a boost running -and a spare in case it runs out. Grind like a mad thing.:rak_04:

Thank you so much! This is fantastic advice :) I have always usually been a lvl player but I want to get into ops. Is there 3 difficulties or 2? Also what lv gear should I have to do the hardest difficulty ops?

Overall the best way is to do HM operations where 242 gear drops and you upgrade it to 248 with components you get from GSF and PVP.

As it was said above, best way is to multitask, buy boosts and que for PVP/GSF, in the mean time do solo stuff, like chapters, heroics, dailies etc. This way you are earning CXP and components. When you get to rank 300 you will be getting tier 4 and I have to say the drop rate is greatly improved and you will be getting quite a few 248 tokens, unless you are really really unlucky.

As for CXP check this thread: 5.2 CXP

Edited by merovejec

As a solo player who doesn't do PvP or Ops, I grinded Chapter 2 on Heroic before the patch, since it was the most CXP per minute for me (typically took me around 7,5 to 8 minutes a run). After the patch I switched to Chapter 2 story mode, since they pimped the Monolith at the end. They also reduced the CXP for Chapter 1 and 2, but with the boost it's still worth my time (one run in story mode including bonus quest usually takes 5 minutes, if you keep your hands on the space bar and the "1" key in cutscenes).

Robosolo master mode chapters. I almost exclusively PvP and even I can solo master mode chapters, at least 1 and 2. 50 inf Darth Marr ftw :)

Soloing MM chapters will require you to know your DCDs. This is good for you.

Please only queue PvP or GSF if you actually intend to play to win. If you do, welcome! It's a lot of fun.

Edited by stoopicus

Please only queue PvP or GSF if you actually intend to play to win. If you do, welcome! It's a lot of fun.

Exactly, and the rewards are a lot better too, and you complete the dailies and weeklies a lot quicker, since wins count 2 towards the score.

IIRC cash in your Uprisings CXP token(s) when your alignment is in the winning state. There's no reason to cash them in early, so you might as well hold them in inventory until the time is right.

Unless you want the achieves, the winning state world bosses aren't worth much CXP, unless you have a raid group ready to go the minute they spawn - and you know you can down them.

And coz it's an MMO, getting a bunch of friends / guildmates together to queue up for WZ or blitz through dailies makes it even faster and more likely you'll win your WZs - even try Ranked if you're in a good group of 4 and have the valour for it., since ranked has it's own set of dailies/weeklies.

Warning, RNG anecdote: I opened a little over 200 Tier 4 crates (I had saved CXP packs after reaching rank 300) and so far I'm seeing around 5% drop rate of 248 rating gear and 8% (7.5%?) drop rate of 246 purple set bonus gear. 244 blue gear has dropped at 10% but it is worse than both 242 and 246, the set bonus not withstanding. It is frustrating to see duplicates at this level, especially of the left side items as they can't be shared at all with secondary characters.

We are six months into the disaster known as Galactic Command Crates.

So far the response to masses requests and concerns about end game gearing is: Cartel Store CXP Boosts, a complex tier system pyramid scheme featuring new currencies (command tokens + unassembled components) and a new producer.

Contrast during the 3.0/4.0 era where we played dungeons, raids, and pvp matches where we earned currency then purchased gear with currency.

Edited by jimmorrisson

We are six months into the disaster known as Galactic Command Crates.

So far the response to masses requests and concerns about end game gearing is: Cartel Store CXP Boosts, a complex pyramid scheme tier system featuring new currencies (command tokens + unassembled components) and a new producer.

Contrast during the 3.0/4.0 era where we played dungeons, raids, and pvp matches where we earned currency then purchased gear with currency.

I wish I could argue, but Gudetama Command really is just that bad.

Edited by stoopicus

[i opened a little over 200 Tier 4 crates (I had saved CXP packs after reaching rank 300) and so far I'm seeing around 5% drop rate of 248 rating gear and 8% (7.5%?) drop rate of 246 purple set bonus gear. 244 blue gear has dropped at 10% but it is worse than both 242 and 246, the set bonus not withstanding. It is frustrating to see duplicates at this level, especially of the left side items as they can't be shared at all with secondary characters

You're not telling everything.

5 + 8 + 10 = 23

Shouldn't that be:

5 + 8 + 87?

Let's remember:

- one gear piece in every crate

- nothing below prototype quality drops from tier 4 crates

Edited by Halinalle

OPERATIONS. Simple as that.

Yeah. If you don't hate doing them, Ops have it the easiest now; 5.2 brought ops back to pre-5.0 for drops, from what I understand.

Otherwise, solo robogrind master mode chapters (less tedious for me than ops, YMMV) while queueing for regs and GSF. Just please don't be like the guys on my team today who literally just ran in to the corner of the arena and let the enemy kill them. If you're going to queue PvP, please play for reals.

Also, I randomly noticed today, conquest awards a nice chunk of CXP; I got 4k for the personal conquest goal today.

Edited by stoopicus

You're not telling everything.

5 + 8 + 10 = 23

Shouldn't that be:

5 + 8 + 87?

Let's remember:

- one gear piece in every crate

- nothing below prototype quality drops from tier 4 crates

It doesn't matter, the blue 244 is 33-50% trash compared to the 242 (lettered mods versus unlettered - the 242 stat mix is superior.) Plus, everyone has bought 246 armorings at this point anyway, so realistically all you really get from them that is decent is the enhancements. Blue 244 is disintegration fodder.

Edited by stoopicus

It doesn't matter, the blue 244 is 33-50% trash compared to the 242 (lettered mods versus unlettered - the 242 stat mix is superior.) Plus, everyone has bought 246 armorings at this point anyway, so realistically all you really get from them that is decent is the enhancements. Blue 244 is disintegration fodder.

I didn't know you can craft set bonus armorings. I have to check that out. How do you select set bonus for them though when crafting?

I didn't know you can craft set bonus armorings. I have to check that out. How do you select set bonus for them though when crafting?

The armorings are indeed kind of a toss-up but on balance they are in a weird place between 242 (with bonus) and 246 without. All in all I still favor disintegration because the 200 CXP for them outweighs the benefit after the first eight regardless (or 16 I guess if you have a mirror alt). I'm happier with 246 rounding out the three pieces I have no set bonus on in the first place.

So, disintegration fodder after the first 8-16 for sure, and sooner than that for most.

You're losing on dps/heals then. For example 208 set bonus armorings were better than 220 armorings without set bonus. I don't see how that would've changed.

Well, like I said, sure, it's kind of a toss-up. But really you only need to save a maximum of 8 (16 if mirror) anyway *maximum*, and the rest are disintegration fodder. More likely it's much less than that. No reason to keep dupes unless you really want those components for alts. As it is my alts are already awash in grind detritus from my main and at this point I'd rather disintegrate and prepare for 5.3 crafting, skipping the blue 244. I mean, I'll save mainhands and so on, but by and large, most blue 244 is going right back into CXP for me.

Edited by stoopicus