Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Any Updates about the Roadmap ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any Updates about the Roadmap ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

trabble's Avatar


trabble
04.25.2017 , 09:29 AM | #1
Especially I would like to know WHEN you get the Class INbalance fixed ?
:

Izariel's Avatar


Izariel
04.25.2017 , 09:59 AM | #2
Answer.....NEVER

dr_mike's Avatar


dr_mike
04.25.2017 , 10:28 AM | #3
I believe this is the post you're looking for: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...42#edit9284442

Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
One of the comments Ive often seen is my reference to a Roadmap. I intend to include whats specifically coming in the next 90-120 days along with an overview of our plans for the remainder of the year. But, Ill provide quarterly updates and keep you apprised of any schedule changes.
I found it by looking at the list of staff posts: http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

KeithKanneg's Avatar


KeithKanneg
04.25.2017 , 10:34 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey there, never is way too long of a time! So, how about I include an update about class balance in the Roadmap or sooner if I have it available? We're still working on the details and then it'll go through the normal internal review cycles. Once we are all in agreement, we'll get the Roadmap posted up and then we can discuss the various upcoming changes.
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
04.25.2017 , 10:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey there, never is way too long of a time! So, how about I include an update about class balance in the Roadmap or sooner if I have it available? We're still working on the details and then it'll go through the normal internal review cycles. Once we are all in agreement, we'll get the Roadmap posted up and then we can discuss the various upcoming changes.
Half the problems perceived as class balance come from setting bolster below BiS.

EDIT: Also, holy crap a PvP response

BelenUmeria's Avatar


BelenUmeria
04.25.2017 , 10:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey there, never is way too long of a time! So, how about I include an update about class balance in the Roadmap or sooner if I have it available? We're still working on the details and then it'll go through the normal internal review cycles. Once we are all in agreement, we'll get the Roadmap posted up and then we can discuss the various upcoming changes.
Keith: Unless the roadmap indicates a full, paid expansion with updates to class stories, a new class, new warzones, flashpoints, and operations, then I cannot think of any plan that will "save" swtor.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
04.25.2017 , 10:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
Half the problems perceived as class balance come from setting bolster below BiS.

EDIT: Also, holy crap a PvP response
Right?! This Keith guy isn't half as Bad as Musco has made him sound all these years
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Celise's Avatar


Celise
04.25.2017 , 10:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BelenUmeria View Post
Keith: Unless the roadmap indicates a full, paid expansion with updates to class stories, a new class, new warzones, flashpoints, and operations, then I cannot think of any plan that will "save" swtor.
Thats not for you or me to decide or anyone here to decide, only Keith, his team in BW and EA can make that call. So long as SWTOR is still making money then the wheels of development will keep spinning around freely. Just hope the next big thing doesn't have the same nasty strings attached to it, The GC hook was bad enough..

RemoveRNG.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.25.2017 , 10:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
We're still working on the details and then it'll go through the normal internal review cycles. Once we are all in agreement.........
^^ Players should read this carefully, as it pretty well exemplifies their process for making changes, and WHY they do not disclose until they are through the review&agree process.

Given how most of the forum can discuss things ad nauseum and yet rarely ever agree on a common theme or direction, I can imagine it is somewhat similar inside the studio as well.. being as the common denominator here is human beings, each with particular special interests or ideas.

That said... I know some people are giddy to get a gold response here... but if you read it, it's a non-answer answer to the question presented. A lot of Koolaid being passed around right now (almost all of it "hope" flavored). Personally, I'll wait for actual details and an actual roadmap (which frankly, probably won't really even be a credible roadmap... because when have they ever actually followed one, much less given them in any regular periodic pace or format?). I hope we do get an actual roadmap and they actually follow it... but it would pretty much be the first time.

Real roadmaps are high level presentations of: where you are, where you are going, and what waypoints and pathways will get you from where you are to where you want to be. I've yet to see such a thing from the studio. They have in the past, sometimes, presented a bullet list of things they plan to do.. but always absent any actual portrayal (at least that players will embrace and believe) of the destination.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Celise's Avatar


Celise
04.25.2017 , 10:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
^^ Players should read this carefully, as it pretty well exemplifies their process for making changes, and WHY they do not disclose until they are through the review&agree process.

Given how most of the forum can discuss things ad nauseum and yet rarely ever agree on a common theme or direction, I can imagine it is somewhat similar inside the studio as well.. being as the common denominator here is human beings, each with particular special interests or ideas.

That said... I know some people are giddy to get a gold response here... but if you read it, it's a non-answer answer to the question presented. A lot of Koolaid being passed around right now..... personally, I'll wait for actual details and an actual roadmap (which frankly, probably won't really even be a credible roadmap... because when have they ever actually followed one, much less given them in any regular periodic pace?). I hope we do get an actual roadmap and they actually follow it... but it would pretty much be the first time.
It wouldn't be fair on you to assume someone elses position and expect them to carry off the same thing the previous person did, especially considering you hated their changes and you got new ideas you want to put out there. I'm not saying Keith does or doesn't i'm just saying that everyone is different and what one person does doesn't mean another one will follow it.

3 things in life are certain:
Death
Taxes
Individuality