Maintenance: April 25th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking all east coast servers offline on Tuesday, April 25th to perform back-end server maintenance. The following servers will be impacted:

• Jedi Covenant
  • Prophecy of the Five
  • Shadowlands
  • Jung Ma
  • Ebon Hawk

Details:

DATE: 25 April 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: None

The website will be available, but character transfers will be down during this time. Thank you for your patience as we maintain The Old Republic!

-eric

Hi Eric!

Please tell us when a new bugfix-patch arrives. I ask, because for our guild its almost impossible to raid, because half of the members have chosen the "wrong" side and can not form an OP-group for Tyth. This bug is the most annoying one!

Please, don't let us hanging!

Thank you in advance!

Otrada (Ebon Hawk)

Hey everyone!

We will be taking all east coast servers offline on Tuesday, April 25th to perform back-end server maintenance. The following servers will be impacted:

• Jedi Covenant
  • Prophecy of the Five
  • Shadowlands
  • Jung Ma
  • Ebon Hawk

Details:

The website will be available, but character transfers will be down during this time. Thank you for your patience as we maintain The Old Republic!

-eric

Noooo!!! Don't memory wipe the servers. then they will lose all their personality quirks that we know & Love/hate about them. :d_frown:

Hi Eric!

Please tell us when a new bugfix-patch arrives. I ask, because for our guild its almost impossible to raid, because half of the members have chosen the "wrong" side and can not form an OP-group for Tyth. This bug is the most annoying one!

Please, don't let us hanging!

Thank you in advance!

Otrada (Ebon Hawk)

As a temporary workaround that my guild has done, you can organize everyone to choose the same side (after they've done the story). You can change it once per day as long as you haven't done any quests for the day. It won't affect the story, so the members that care about that won't have that affected. Yeah it's a pain, but at least until they fix it, there is a workaround.

Many people are affected by a bug that prevent you from changing sides.

Many people? Are there actually people that can change sides? I mean, i know that after story if you played empire you can choose Rep after you finish. But after that choice, has someone been able to change? If so, any Iokath mission still active? I tried removing everything exept the Op and the Weekly.

Now, i was expecting a patch this tuesday. The number of bugs and issues that 5.2 started seems too high to ignore for over a week.

Many people? Are there actually people that can change sides? I mean, i know that after story if you played empire you can choose Rep after you finish. But after that choice, has someone been able to change? If so, any Iokath mission still active? I tried removing everything exept the Op and the Weekly.

Now, i was expecting a patch this tuesday. The number of bugs and issues that 5.2 started seems too high to ignore for over a week.

You have to remove the weekly quest, and possibly the ops quest too. You can't have any quests you accepted while being attuned to the 'wrong' side in your log. Otherwise you'll just get kicked out of the group when yout ry to enter the ops.

If you STILL can't change faction after removing all Iokath quests from your log, then you're affected by the bug, sadly.

Edited by AscendingSky

Hey everyone!

• Jedi Covenant
  • Prophecy of the Five
  • Shadowlands
  • Jung Ma
  • Ebon Hawk

Details:

-eric

Sweet. Thanks for the east coast server mergers!

Edited by Liquor

From the 3 toons i did Iokath story with I was able to swap once on 1 toon.

You have to remove the weekly quest, and possibly the ops quest too. You can't have any quests you accepted while being attuned to the 'wrong' side in your log. Otherwise you'll just get kicked out of the group when yout ry to enter the ops.

If you STILL can't change faction after removing all Iokath quests from your log, then you're affected by the bug, sadly.

Its not that, i had weekly active and also ops active and could swap. I dont get the logic.

I doubt that is the case as they would tell people upfront due to the guilds.

The game is in maintenance mode. I doubt they care if they upset people at this stage. The large guilds are mostly gone from the EC servers.

My own guild has gone from 600+ accounts between rep and imp to 45 accounts since KOTET dropped. Most were hoping it would get better after KOTFE and they just made it 10 times worse.

hey folks,

Maintenance is taking longer than expected and will need to be extended by 1 hour. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Well there goes one of my days I get to play :( Unless I skip dialysis tomorrow, which I just might have too since most of today is lost..

Edited by CombatLord

The game is in maintenance mode. I doubt they care if they upset people at this stage. The large guilds are mostly gone from the EC servers.

My own guild has gone from 600+ accounts between rep and imp to 45 accounts since KOTET dropped. Most were hoping it would get better after KOTFE and they just made it 10 times worse.

Well I would care as I am in a guild on Ebon Hawk and so would a lot of people due to the fact some have guild ships and guild strongholds besides guild banks and if they did a merger without informing anyone and fixing where guilds and their items can be transferred with no problems not to mention my personal strongholds I do care about upsetting people because you fuss about people leaving, you honestly think if they did a merger without informing people that it would be a good idea? Right.

Edited by casirabit