Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, stop heading into wrong direction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BW, stop heading into wrong direction
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nothing_Shines
04.20.2017 , 06:28 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
I haven't done this, but it's not the first time there was a situation like this. Dash'roode and Nightmare Pilgram come to mind. One was cheap (3 years of inflation ago) and the other was a craftable so different but the concept of having to buy to play isn't unprecedented.
500 creds for a consumable to survive Dash ops boss mechanic compared to 200k + 600 tokens for 2 minutes stomping around in the awful walker, less for monitor (with self stun every shot), and less again for mouse droid. Was it like 30k for the NP buff or you could craft one? It's still not grind tokens for a solid hour to get the chance to step on trash mobs for 2 minutes. Running these dailies LOSES you credits. You come out poorer if you do the telepresence missions.

If it was grind for an hour in order to pay for a chance to fight a mini-world boss droid demi-god with your walker, or have a walking tank battle against a pub/imp drop company and if you win you get some cool new mount or even a piece to put towards some unique mount like with the seeker droid speeders, yeah, maybe. Paying for the privilege to step on trash mobs for a pittance in reward is beyond lame.
NEW & RETURNING PLAYERS CLICK THE REFERAL LINK FOR ONE FREE SERVER TRANSFER, A FREE 7 DAY SUB & USEFUL UNLOCK BUNDLES FOR ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS! http://www.swtor.com/r/JbcDx4
Jedi Covenant || The Gallowglass Legacy

Danery
04.20.2017 , 08:50 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Look, if you want to get BW's attention, post why you don't like something and then don't do it.
I am not going to do these new dailies at all. Dailies should reward you, not punish you by giving you less credits than you started with
This is my Refer a Friend Link Here is what you get

Tadagyt
04.20.2017 , 09:16 PM | #53
I remember back in the day when daily areas were crowded with people... was it because it was fun to repeat the same thing everyday? no, it was crowded because it paid well or at least, it was decent. I remember you could get some purple coms in each weekly and a good amount of credits.
Give daily areas more cexp and/or credits as a payment and you'll see how people add those in their daily routine.

Also, no decorations in the reputation vendor? add some plants, lights, rugs, or small things and you'll see how people farm it. I usually need tons of those small decos.

MisterAych
04.20.2017 , 09:57 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by king_nile View Post
I bought the Iokath Monitor with credits and comms to complete the daily mission assigned to it, only to be killed with an incomplete task (7 out of 10 machines killed) remaining. I now have to purchase again to finish? I'm sorry, but this simply dumb. Cut out the BS Iokath comm grind and make this a one time purchase... at the very least.

/sigh
THIS! I would be slightly ok if it was a one-time cost. At least then, it justifies spending 7200 mats to UNLOCK the walker for future use. Having to spend 600 shards every time I want to step into it is ridiculous. I'm not stepping on Iokath at all if I'm not walking into the Op until this changes. Screw rep and screw shards.

MisterAych
04.20.2017 , 10:00 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Danery View Post
I am not going to do these new dailies at all. Dailies should reward you, not punish you by giving you less credits than you started with
There are PLENTY of more lucrative quest areas anyway. They'll need to put these on the level of other planetary dailies for them to even be worth me going to the planet. Let alone be as fast to complete.... The shards just seem like a stupid way for keep us little busy mice so we don't burn through the little content they can actually produce with the pennies of our dollars that EA let's them have.

KeithKanneg
04.21.2017 , 01:33 PM | #56 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

Just following up on the issue about the Daily Rewards while on Iokath. In the next patch, likely on May 2nd, we're adding a CXP pack and a Credit Explosion pack to the dailies where you control a Mouse Droid, a Monitor Droid, or a Walker. Note this is just a temporary solution and I'll follow up at a later date if we decide to do something different.

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ScottishDrunk
04.21.2017 , 01:40 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

Just following up on the issue about the Daily Rewards while on Iokath. In the next patch, likely on May 2nd, we're adding a CXP pack and a Credit Explosion pack to the dailies where you control a Mouse Droid, a Monitor Droid, or a Walker. Note this is just a temporary solution and I'll follow up at a later date if we decide to do something different.

---Keith
just remove the cost man
thats what people want

AscendingSky
04.21.2017 , 01:44 PM | #58
Hey all,

---Keith
While I still think dailies you have to pay for is a weird concept, adding better rewards to them certain does help alleviate the cost! So that's not a bad idea. What rank of CXP pack were you thinking of adding to the mission rewards?

If you're looking for suggestions, mine would be remove the credit cost of doing the dailies all together; make it only cost those tokens that drop from enemies on Iokath. The amount of tokens needed for the missions themselves and especially for the boost items you can get to make the mission easier perhaps should be reduced as well. Right now it takes a lot of time running around killing trash to amass enough tokens to do even one of those missions.

Also, on a completely personal and selfish note, could you maybe please if you would add decorations to the Iokath rep vendors? Maybe a dye schematic too? Those were the reasons I was willing to grind out dailies to max reputation levels in the past, and I know they were incentives for other players as well. Pretty please with sugar on top?
#RemoveRNG
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

KeithKanneg
04.21.2017 , 01:55 PM | #59 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
What rank of CXP pack were you thinking of adding to the mission rewards?
Hey, making me do extra work. It should be 125 CXP and 250 with the 100% boost.
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GrandLordMenace
04.21.2017 , 02:00 PM | #60
Hey, making me do extra work. It should be 125 CXP and 250 with the 100% boost.
I think that might be too little for a oneoff cost of so much. I'm honestly more of a fan of either giving the daily a lockout and removing the cost or capping the amount of people allowed to use walkers.
Rydarus Veneris the Revanchist, Beater #fedaracarrychist
Vigilance Guardian guide on Dulfy! Like my guide? Support my Referral Link!
Last Guardian DPS because dead game