Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, stop heading into wrong direction

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BW, stop heading into wrong direction
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mike_carton
04.20.2017 , 12:34 AM | #21
Did the Op twice yesterday (16-man on one char and 8-man on another). Completed the story which was strangely compressed heavily in the end into one pre-rendered scene. Started doing the dailies until I discovered I had to "pay to do daily missions?!" Nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that. Somebody at BW got a bad batch of mushrooms.

Abandoned all dailies forthwith. Bye Iokath, till the next installment of "story." Story that fourth-grade creative writing sessions could compete with. With dialog worthy of the The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

KeithKanneg
04.20.2017 , 08:21 AM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Did the Op twice yesterday (16-man on one char and 8-man on another). Completed the story which was strangely compressed heavily in the end into one pre-rendered scene. Started doing the dailies until I discovered I had to "pay to do daily missions?!" Nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that. Somebody at BW got a bad batch of mushrooms.
You do not need to pay to do daily missions. That was for controlling a droid, walker, or turret, where there is a credit cost with some Iokath currency. The daily you were on indicated you needed to interact with the various terminals and when you did that, the quest advanced. This was only a training/tutorial mission to teach you were to go for each of the various toys. It just wasn't very clear since it immediately asked you to spend. I'll see if we can do something about that for the future.
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Katushe
04.20.2017 , 08:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
You do not need to pay to do daily missions. That was for controlling a droid, walker, or turret, where there is a credit cost with some Iokath currency. The daily you were on indicated you needed to interact with the various terminals and when you did that, the quest advanced. This was only a training/tutorial mission to teach you were to go for each of the various toys. It just wasn't very clear since it immediately asked you to spend. I'll see if we can do something about that for the future.
And how will I be doing the mission of killing 40 mobs as walker if I don't want to buy one with shards? I hate those walkers since I can't strafe and they can't jump AT ALL. Which means everything trips them and they are a horrible experience to walk in. Yea, I know, I am not forced to do that. That means I don't want the achievement.... BUT I DO!!

BOOOO!!!

That's all I have to say.

CaveBeast
04.20.2017 , 08:32 AM | #24
That's great and all... for the future... but why aren't you all QA-ing this stuff BEFORE it is released? It conitunally makes you look like amateurs and annoys the snot out of us paying customers that things are so slap-dash and half-baked when we FINALLY get a little new content.

SebastiaanZ
04.20.2017 , 08:38 AM | #25
So this cost ... it is one time only?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Earlchaos
04.20.2017 , 08:40 AM | #26
I see a new trend here.

Pay 150 cartel coins + 20k credits + some clunky currency to do dailies.

Who on earth was thinking that collecting 600 Iokath shards and using them for a one time ~1 minute walker ride would be a good idea when it takes you hours to farm these? Why not at least make it a one time pay and then you can re-use the walker/sentinel/mouse droid to do the quests daily or weekly.?

The mobs drop like 1-6 shards so you need to kill like 200 for 2mins walker ride?

Known as Earlchaos, Anirab, Dharia in many worlds...

T3M4 - Trinitas Sancti: Maeverick, Hehith, Radusía, Scoltus etc.

Earlchaos
04.20.2017 , 08:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
So this cost ... it is one time only?
No, me and friend did the sentinal quest. Apart from that this is insanly stupid (fire once, be stunned for 10 seconds) and not fun at all - you've to pay every time for it.
Known as Earlchaos, Anirab, Dharia in many worlds...

T3M4 - Trinitas Sancti: Maeverick, Hehith, Radusía, Scoltus etc.

DarthCadius
04.20.2017 , 08:44 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Katushe View Post
And how will I be doing the mission of killing 40 mobs as walker if I don't want to buy one with shards? I hate those walkers since I can't strafe and they can't jump AT ALL. Which means everything trips them and they are a horrible experience to walk in. Yea, I know, I am not forced to do that. That means I don't want the achievement.... BUT I DO!!

BOOOO!!!

That's all I have to say.
OK this is off topic but I have to ask since SOO MANY people are ************ about it. Where is any Star Wars movie, Television show or comic or novel or ANYWHERE does it say that a Machine that has only 'forward' movement has a Strafe or can Jump?

And to those who are saying that they are too slow and clunky...... Did you not SEE them moving Slow and Clunky in Eps 5, 6 and Eps 2(the for leg walkers). Those things are HEAVY and require aLOT of power to move.

Yea i get that we as 'beings' with more limberness can do this but come on........... Walkers NEVER did this in anything that I seen with them so why should they do it in game now?

On Topic, I think that people should have taken a bit of critical thinking in these missions. Yea it does seem like you have to pay shards for missions but I get we all have bad mojo about BW and their need to make our lives hard but I think that reacting this way was a bit overblown.
Seething hate, rage ANGER I will harness unlimited power.I live off the sufering of the weak, their pain gives me strength, their agony gives me life and their death feeds the force from which I keep their suffering never-ending.

Katushe
04.20.2017 , 08:57 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCadius View Post
OK this is off topic but I have to ask since SOO MANY people are ************ about it. Where is any Star Wars movie, Television show or comic or novel or ANYWHERE does it say that a Machine that has only 'forward' movement has a Strafe or can Jump?

Yea i get that we as 'beings' with more limberness can do this but come on........... Walkers NEVER did this in anything that I seen with them so why should they do it in game now?
You are correct. it is off-topic and the wish might be out of SW world. Correct. I hate them tripping so much. I avoided them as much as I could even in KOTET (I cleared the path without mounting one and came back for them because I had to!) and it drives me crazy that I am forced to use them. Make them as realistic as possible, just don't force me to use them. Having a mission that I did not do on Iokath and achievements that I did not get because I can't bear them will leave a bitter taste. But that's all of topic, ok.

Back on topic:

Keith, no, not that quest is implied. You have to pay with shards and money to get the walker to kill 40 mobs. That's a quest you have to pay for.

And another hard to understand quest: Powering Up the Weapons Factory. Why? What's the difficulty? What's the purpose of 5 cores? Why not 1? Why not 25? It's silly how pointless that is.

ScottishDrunk
04.20.2017 , 10:36 AM | #30
simply removing the cost of doing quests would be the way to go then.

penalising people to do new content is poor poor form