Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So does the Iokath storyline just not have a conclusion...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So does the Iokath storyline just not have a conclusion...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nefla
04.19.2017 , 08:54 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
funny, i never saw Elara acting like a coward before, setting bombs in a secure space and throwing an concussion grenade seems well outside Elara's character. it's more ironic that she defected from the imperials because she saw the suffering and the abuse of power in the empire and now shes taking orders from the very same people who inflict suffering and want to abuse their position because circumstance allows it.

With Quinn i expected this type of treacherous manouvering and acting like a coward if the situation suited his purpose, he uses people for his own intentions, mostly to survive...
Yeah that's so OOC for Elara they did the same thing with Torian in KotET where he begs you to come save him rather than reveling in the chance at a warrior's death on the battlefield. It even directly contradicts what he said and did in his recruitment chapter in KotFE. I wonder, when we get Khem Val back will he give us a big hug and weep tears of joy? Will Corso start gladly killing women? Maybe Kira will be a timid wallflower?

AngFour
04.19.2017 , 10:12 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
I wonder, when we get Khem Val back will he give us a big hug and weep tears of joy?
Not gonna lie, I kinda want to see that for the lulz. I mean I'd leave this game for good because it would be clear that the current writers at BW are so completely out of touch with the vanilla companions' personalities. But I'd still want to see that scene before I left, lol.

I honestly hope that all of this Iokath story isn't like Oricon (even though Eric worryingly mentioned "It's like Oricon!") where the finale of the story is locked behind an Op. I really hope it's more like SoR where the Op is one option to conclude the story, but there's alternate routes to see the full story. Because it really grinds my gears that none of my characters can see the end of Oricon. I know the Devs promised not to gate story behind Ops, but they also said that RNG gearing was "exciting" so their promises are rather suspect.

Another thing that irritates me is that Eric said he'd explain how our choice on Iokath will affect the return of future companions and yet he still hasn't. So my Imperial Agent, MY MAIN, has been put on ice because I don't want her to side with the Empire but I'm afraid not siding with the Empire will make it so my Agent won't get Vector back :/ And that's not good because KotFE/KotET is so bad that I can't stomach the thought of playing it more than the two times I already did. I couldn't even bring myself to push my SW through to have her reunion with Quinn, that's how bad it was.

AND I'M A FRIGGIN' STORY PERSON!

So all I have left is my Jedi Knight, which is fine, I guess, seeing as it's a Jedi Knight's story anyway. But I'm sad because my main is put on hold indefinitely because of bad writing.
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/WdlNy8 I get stuff, you get stuff, we both win!

JLazarillo
04.19.2017 , 10:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AngFour View Post
I honestly hope that all of this Iokath story isn't like Oricon (even though Eric worryingly mentioned "It's like Oricon!") where the finale of the story is locked behind an Op. I really hope it's more like SoR where the Op is one option to conclude the story, but there's alternate routes to see the full story. Because it really grinds my gears that none of my characters can see the end of Oricon. I know the Devs promised not to gate story behind Ops, but they also said that RNG gearing was "exciting" so their promises are rather suspect.

Another thing that irritates me is that Eric said he'd explain how our choice on Iokath will affect the return of future companions and yet he still hasn't. So my Imperial Agent, MY MAIN, has been put on ice because I don't want her to side with the Empire but I'm afraid not siding with the Empire will make it so my Agent won't get Vector back :/ And that's not good because KotFE/KotET is so bad that I can't stomach the thought of playing it more than the two times I already did. I couldn't even bring myself to push my SW through to have her reunion with Quinn, that's how bad it was.
I find myself agreeing with this post so hard. These are two big reasons I'm afraid to mess with Iokath at all yet.

I don't even mind playing Ops, but good luck finding a decent team to do the Dread Masters story arc anymore...what happens when the same occurs to Iokath a few months after the last boss is released? And there's no way to make an informed decision here. We're told to "be careful", but not what that entails.

Eanelinea
04.19.2017 , 10:34 AM | #24
While I'm happy they're making new operations (Iokath one) for the raiders, not very many of us want our STORY locked behind Operations. I like having the CHOICE to either do a full fledged operation to continue the story, or a little side 'operation' to finish the story.

I loved Oricon, but I didn't love the fact that to finish Oricon I had to raid. I don't really have time to raid anymore. I work Thursday to Monday, go to school Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm a military reservist. I mostly work/go to school at night around 1830 or so. Most people raid at 2000 or 2100 and it's hard.

I'm serious, if they want people to stick around (remember the raiders are the ones who scoot off most times) they seriously need to make a non-raiding part to continue the story so we get the choice of doing a raid or not, I don't like mandatory raiding to finish these stories. I'm here BECAUSE of the story.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Celise
04.19.2017 , 10:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eanelinea View Post
While I'm happy they're making new operations (Iokath one) for the raiders, not very many of us want our STORY locked behind Operations. I like having the CHOICE to either do a full fledged operation to continue the story, or a little side 'operation' to finish the story.

I loved Oricon, but I didn't love the fact that to finish Oricon I had to raid. I don't really have time to raid anymore. I work Thursday to Monday, go to school Tuesday and Wednesday and I'm a military reservist. I mostly work/go to school at night around 1830 or so. Most people raid at 2000 or 2100 and it's hard.

I'm serious, if they want people to stick around (remember the raiders are the ones who scoot off most times) they seriously need to make a non-raiding part to continue the story so we get the choice of doing a raid or not, I don't like mandatory raiding to finish these stories. I'm here BECAUSE of the story.
good old days on Oricon, i enjoyed bathing my weapon in a pool of dreadmaster blood. these weapons get quite thirsty!

now machines are going to be broken and my weapons need a good oil bath!

EricMusco
04.19.2017 , 10:39 AM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Without getting into spoilers, the main storyline will continue in the future. You do not need to play the Operation to continue that part of the story. Although the Op will give you a taste of the gods .

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eanelinea
04.19.2017 , 10:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Without getting into spoilers, the main storyline will continue in the future. You do not need to play the Operation to continue that part of the story. Although the Op will give you a taste of the gods .

-eric
That's a relief. I DO plan to do the raids, I just was worried it'd be mandatory to finish the Iokath story as a whole. I am fascinated about the Gods. But I need to get geared. I stopped raiding because I'd done ALL the raids about a zillion times each.
Bioware, please remember our companion spouses when doing new expansions. I want scenes, letters, or something from them, saying they're worried!

Celise
04.19.2017 , 10:51 AM | #28

-eric
i was starting to think it was oricon all over again. that sucked from a story point of view, it took me years to gather up the courage to team for operations just to find the end of oricon for once. will the operation have any impact on the storyline going forward once complete? no spoilers obviously.

Eanelinea
04.19.2017 , 10:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
good old days on Oricon, i enjoyed bathing my weapon in a pool of dreadmaster blood. these weapons get quite thirsty!

now machines are going to be broken and my weapons need a good oil bath!
Droids...droids everywhere! lol

I love the fact Bioware puts little puzzles into their game play. They're just annoying enough to make you think, but not so annoying you can't do it because they're not hard puzzles.

JLazarillo
04.19.2017 , 10:59 AM | #30
But will the story assume we did it? Like how in SoR, Macrobinoculars, etc, there were references to our characters having fought the Dread Masters? Because that still kinda brings the story down if so.