Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2017 Orlando Cantina Tour Experience & Photos

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2017 Orlando Cantina Tour Experience & Photos
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hyperblue
04.17.2017 , 02:08 AM | #1
Photos Here: http://smu.gs/2nTrkEY

I wanted to share my first Cantina Tour experience with all of you guys and gals here... I flew in from Los Angeles for Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando, FL... and ended up leaving a day early because of how poorly organized the show was this year.**

However! BioWare was the silver lining! The Old Republic Cantina night was the best experience in Orlando! A big 'thank you' to the BioWare staff who made me and my friends feel right at home and made themselves available for questions and pictures! Thanks again for everything! Hope to visit another Cantina again in the future! Thanks for caring about your fans and subscribers!

**For inquiring minds: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2015 was an amazing show (A+). But, this year would have been better experienced sitting at home and watching the live streams. From queue & wristband nightmares, very low inventory for heavily promoted items to bad signage and bizarre security checks, the show felt like it was run by third graders. Waiting 8+ hours to get into an overflow room to watch a live stream (with technical difficulties) that could have been watched from the hotel, sums up the experience. You don't rent a 7,000,000 sq ft convention center, then set up a tiny panel stage that everyone wants to see and only seats a couple thousand attendees...

Jett-Rinn
04.17.2017 , 02:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyperblue View Post

I wanted to share my first Cantina Tour experience with all of you guys and gals here... I flew in from Los Angeles for Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando, FL... and ended up leaving a day early because of how poorly organized the show was this year.**

However! BioWare was the silver lining! The Old Republic Cantina night was the best experience in Orlando! A big 'thank you' to the BioWare staff who made me and my friends feel right at home and made themselves available for questions and pictures! Thanks again for everything! Hope to visit another Cantina again in the future! Thanks for caring about your fans and subscribers!

**For inquiring minds: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2015 was an amazing show (A+). But, this year would have been better experienced sitting at home and watching the live streams. From queue & wristband nightmares, very low inventory for heavily promoted items to bad signage and bizarre security checks, the show felt like it was run by third graders. Waiting 8+ hours to get into an overflow room to watch a live stream (with technical difficulties) that could have been watched from the hotel, sums up the experience. You don't rent a 7,000,000 sq ft convention center, then set up a tiny panel stage that everyone wants to see and only seats a couple thousand attendees...
Yeah I'm not too sad I missed this one but everyone I talked to that went, said the Bioware guys were awesome. It's a shame that folks that care so much get so much crap on these forums.
(Inb4 the hate machine whines bout their 'legitimate complaints")
Anywho thanks for the pics

Darevsool
04.17.2017 , 05:58 AM | #3
Regarding the security at Celebration (I'm still in Orlando, my flight back home is in a few hours) I felt it was totally understandable given what happened at the nightclub almost exactly a year ago.

I don't care much for the wristband queue system in general, but the first two Celebrations I went to in Orlando maxed out at 35k people (before the new movies were announced, before Disney bought Star Wars) so there were double the amount of people here this weekend trying to squeeze into panel rooms that were filled up at the previous ones.

My only REAL complaint, again, was the Celebration store. 3 hours in line to get in to find what you wanted was already gone and then 2 hours at the checkout line.

The autograph lines were a mess too, but this was the first one I bought autographs at, and while the lines were long, meeting the actors was a great experience.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

EricMusco
04.17.2017 , 08:00 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Some great pictures in here! Thank you for coming to the Cantina and I am glad to hear you had a good time .

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Talon_strikes
04.17.2017 , 08:22 AM | #5
Some of those cosplays are absolutely amazing. I'm so jealous! I hope I can go to one of these things some day and cosplay. Was there a cosplay competition by any chance for the SWTOR people? I know there was one in general for the whole Celebration convention but I wanna know if the BW peeps hosted one specifically for themselves.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

TUXs
04.17.2017 , 08:22 AM | #6
Wow! Those are some wonderful pictures, and the costumes...they blow me away. I wanna do Halloween with some of you guys because DAMN! Tulak Hoard and Lord Scourge looked amazing! All of them looked great.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Soljin
04.17.2017 , 08:32 AM | #7
Looks like a fun time, Kudos to the Bioware team for that.
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

SebastiaanZ
04.17.2017 , 08:45 AM | #8
Notice how in not one of those pictures Eric is mentioned at least once .

Seems everyone ignores you Eric! Here have a cookie.

Kudos on the photo's and excellent event it seems!

Btw Eric, Dulfy has a post up with what was discussed there, I assume its okay to discuss what was mentioned there?
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Nmyownworld
04.17.2017 , 09:08 AM | #9
Darin De Paul looks great. And the cosplay outfits -- wow! They are amazing. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

ImmortalLowlife
04.17.2017 , 11:07 AM | #10
Yea I have got to make my way to an event at some point. Unfortunately for me they generally don't get anywhere close to Memphis & I hate flying. (At 6'4" 235lbs, I don't really fit on most planes I've been on ) The Cosplay was amazing. I'd say a few were better than the ones on stage at the Cosplay challenge event.

BW y'all really should add a Cosplay competition to the cantina events!

And Eric your "gamer who lives in mom's basement" cosplay was very authentic too. But you forgot a big bag of Cheetos and a code red mountain dew
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!