Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.10.2017 , 06:30 PM | #111 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

We have identified a way to extend the XP/CXP event through to Tuesday, the 18th. We will be testing it into tomorrow morning and if everything goes well, we will have a brief maintenance around 8AM Central. The maintenance will last for approximately an hour. I will give you a status update tomorrow morning.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ralei
04.10.2017 , 06:32 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDelectus View Post
This is a PR disaster. .
no.

I mean, some are acting like it, but they didn't knock us out and drag us down the isle. Now THATS a pr disaster.

This is just a software delay. Cause I can't play this week so I asked them to delay it. Sorry everyone.

Ashikuro
04.10.2017 , 06:33 PM | #113
You guys really should be nicer to Eric. The poor guy is just communicating what he's been given to say. It sucks to be in that position. I'm sure he gets players aren't happy with the delay and want the xp bonus to stay. We should leave it at that and let Eric work his magic with his team to help us out.

I see this attitude when people are rude to waiters, that's when they're likely to spit in your food. You want this guy on your side, don't be rude.

LordDelectus
04.10.2017 , 06:34 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Nothing makes me laugh more than people who have no damn clue what goes into programming or how a business is run acting like they do. Don't tell me you know anything about either, because you don't. If you think you do because you are a programmer or you own a business or whatever, then I feel more sorry for your customers than I do for us.

Now, let me explain why I say this.

When you go to a restaurant and the waitress brings you a Pepsi instead of a Sprite... what do you do? Do you ask the waitress to fix it (hopefully politely) or do you go storming into the kitchen and start cussing at the cook?

Of course, you probably DO cuss out the waitress when the cook screws up, don't you? Most people do. However, all it does is make you look like an ******e because the waitress didn't screw up your order, the cook did.

Now, how this applies to Bioware is that each department has their job. The developers working on Cartel Market content aren't working on the main content, and vice versa. Plus, much of the sales and such are on an automated schedule anyway. Bugs in THAT system are hilarious when they happen because once for like one hour the Harbinger server (only) got access to the Corsec Electrobaton a full six months before anyone else. It wasn't hotfixed or anything, it was just... wait what? Why did this happen?
So you would agree, a failure of this magnitude should result in an employee review of the operation, by upper management and terminate those within the team who failed to execute their duties as expected, or who failed to identify earlier, why those duties could not be achieved in the established timeline? This is a business and you don't screw major stuff up like this. Anger has been building for two years. No new operations. Bugs everywhere. The worst gearing system I have ever seen devised in a game...and now a huge buildup for a big, new update...with a delay announced LAST second?

Damned right people are gonna be furious. I planned time off to enjoy this. Not gonna happen now!

Hebruixe
04.10.2017 , 06:34 PM | #115
sigh lol
Real men use defensive cooldowns.

Codedrago
04.10.2017 , 06:34 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashikuro View Post
You guys really should be nicer to Eric.
Pffft, he's just a clone. Disposable and replaced by the next Eric Musco. He doesn't even have a soul!
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

LegionPothIX
04.10.2017 , 06:40 PM | #117
After seeing a lot of the same kind of blatantly lazy animation that got Mass Effect Andromeda utterly panned by that community, show up in both of the most recent expansions for this game, I can't say I'm surprised ya'll are revisiting quality assurance.
Existing Starwars Universe characters:
Saundra "Avatarded" Ghiest: Human Smuggler - Forum Troll
Patricia Softglow: Kiffar Tribal Healer
Snowflake Shardbreaker: Squib Jedi Consular

Ben-Is-Here
04.10.2017 , 06:45 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We have identified a way to extend the XP/CXP event through to Tuesday, the 18th. We will be testing it into tomorrow morning and if everything goes well, we will have a brief maintenance around 8AM Central. The maintenance will last for approximately an hour. I will give you a status update tomorrow morning.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Since your doing that... I have 0 complaints if I have 1 week longer to finish some classes... BUT you should give us each 1000 CC for the very late date change..

CloudCastle
04.10.2017 , 06:46 PM | #119
I would rather wait a week and have a better product than see it rushed out before it's ready, full of bugs and whatnot.

Thanks for the heads up, Eric. Glad you guys are working on making this update the best it can be.

ChosenWriter
04.10.2017 , 06:47 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
I'd rather they delay release than release it broken (and some people would say the fact that they're even catching bugs before release is a step up from the norm )
Stop using logic and reason. You're ruining the incessant whining for the rest of us.

Seriously, they delay to make sure things are the way they want it and people get up in arms. If they release and things don't work the way people want then "Bioware doesn't care!" and they get up in arms. This is the very definition of "damned if you do, damned if you don't."
"They HAD to have known!" Oh, really? Maybe they thought they could have everything done in time and didn't want to push it off unless they were absolutely sure it was necessary. What would us knowing any sooner actually have done anyway? Given you an extra week to tell the people working on the game how much lack of respect you have for them and the work they do in the most entitled, insulting way possible? You're certainly all doing a great job with last minute notice.

I don't know why I'm even bothering posting this.