Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jvass
04.10.2017 , 04:52 PM | #71
how much dev(s) do you have?

1,2? or a whole bunch of them like 3

teclado
04.10.2017 , 04:53 PM | #72
Thanks for having the courage to ensure that a higher quality patch is released. Doesn't bother me too much. I've waited this long for a new op / guaranteed ops drops to come back.

Selenial
04.10.2017 , 04:57 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Dhregin View Post
Holy crap this community sounds like a bunch of self-entitled children. Game devs, don't feel bad one bit about having to delay. You guys do excellent work and delaying because you found last minute problems is more than common, its absolutely expected in this day and age. Don't be swayed by the hordes of stupidity commenting in here with their idiocies. "Wah, how unexpected" "you should bend over and let us take you for all you're worth because of a week delay on a free update"

give me a break. Grown adults acting like they're 5.

Good work Bioware, thanks for the update, and we will patiently await it's release when it is ready. It will certainly be worth it. I appreciate you guys trying to push it out in time, and then I appreciate you admitting it's not ready, and taking the hit for it. When you're dealing with a bunch of cry babies, its lose-lose if you release or delay, and delaying it is the smarter move for certain.
What? People pay for this content, every single person on these boards is paying money for this service, they have every right to voice their opinion and let the developers know that should this continue, they will no longer be paying for said service. The majority of players have planned their gameplay for the last fortnight around 5.2 launching tomorrow. Many players have been hoarding Unassambled Components, planning special Tyth raid nights or weeks, saving their rank 300 command crates for disintegrations etc. These people have spent time in a service that they payed for doing certain things that they would only be doing if 5.2 would launch tomorrow.

They have a right, therefore, to know as soon as possible that this update won't launch on time. The fact of the matter is, Bioware will have known about these issues for a while. It is likely precisely why we didn't see in game footage of 5.2 during the last developer stream (which Musco admitted was due to technical issues). If they've known since then, the player base deserved a warning, and it received none. They were kept in the dark on the off chance that the Developer team could fix the problems in time and not have to deal with the backlash. Essentially, they did not trust the community to appreciate honesty, and a small "hey guys, this might not be going to plan but we're trying our best" warning.

So now they tell us 10 hours before release, when most of Europe are going to or have gone to bed. Fun fact, most Europeans won't realise the update has been delayed until the time the update was supposed to be taking place. That's how bad Bioware's communication has been on this issue. If you think that's excusable then good for you, I'm sure they're loving people like you down in their office right now, you who try to convince them that lying to your consumers to save face is a perfectly acceptable thing. Don't however think your understanding makes you a better person than the countless individuals who understand and are exercising their right to complain, or that they are children for understanding that they do indeed have a say in this and deserve to be heard.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

DarkSaberMaster
04.10.2017 , 04:58 PM | #74
Lol. Y'all really raking them over the coals today. No f's are given. But seriously. This isn't really necessary. I think it's a good thing they were able to catch what was wrong last minute and delay for a fix. I think it's commendable. And this is from someone who is all about giving EAware the business when they screw up. This really isn't one of those times.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

EricMusco
04.10.2017 , 04:59 PM | #75 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Codedrago View Post
Wait, what? The fact that this bullet point got the top of the page makes me think this is more than a simple bug fix. What, did you add an extra scene where our character walks past Theron or Lana chilling on a random planet?
Correct, this is not a bug fix. Think of the KOTFE/KOTET cutscenes with moving cameras, etc. We took some of that and applied it to the very opening cinematic for each Class.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

xeriphim
04.10.2017 , 04:59 PM | #76
Given last year , they messed up and delayed the release of the eternal championship and it was nothing close to what they promised... should any of us really be shocked Biowares again dropped the ball with updates ? You'd think after the fisaco of 5.0 and the total debacle of galactic command. That this developer would get there stuff together and release a polished finished bug free update. Seriously you announced this update four months ago and it's still not complete ? This is a total joke and now your turning off the cxp boost on top of this ? Really ? .....

This is supposed to be a AAA title here Bioware... this means expectations and a Fan base with an IP that literally sells itself. Yet time and again you folks continue to sink to new lows to messing this up. It's like you want this title to fail so you can do something else. The level of muppetry in the direction the development team continues to take this MMO in is baffling. 3.0 was not perfect but arguably it was A whole lot more entertaining and fun then this garbage that's been 4.0 and 5.0 . I don't even recognize swtor from what it once was.

5.0 I've had an entire guild leave because of the rng and galactic command sillyness. 5.2 has shown none of the guild members who have left , any real reason or desires for them to want to come back to swtor. The server I normally play on is now very dead. PVP ques ? HA ! yea once a week for two hours if I'm lucky .... GSF ques ? Three years and still never seen that que pop ...... Yet Bioware refuses to acknowledge server mergers requiring a look at. Yes the populations at least on my server are down by vast numbers and instead of addressing this we get superfulous garbage of more direct sales in the cartel market .... Silence from the developers . No sense of any direction of the game. When you have Data miners giving more accurate info that should be all we need to know on the state of things. Instead of Bioware getting out in front of things and being open and transparent with the player base by giving us a road map of planned updates like other companies do.... we get silence then propped up spin doctored live streams . followed with oops our bad a delay on signifigant update. You have a special group called influencers yet you hamstring them by burying them in an avalance of NDA's . So our recourse is the reliable info from Data mining.

it's like amatuer hour with comedians in a bad comedy are running the company here. For so called proffesionals I'm baffled at how inept and incompotent Bioware continues to drop the ball with stuff. Five years on and this company takes one tiny step forward then shoots itself in the foot and sets everything back 10 steps .... GG !.

It's too much to ask to be Better and DO Better ! .... I have huge doubts the company can even deliver a full five boss Operation completed this calendar year. I think we'll be lucky to see three bosses for the Iokath Operation ready by December. Bioware please .... PROVE me Wrong!.

Thysillia
04.10.2017 , 04:59 PM | #77
Holy crap this community sounds like a bunch of self-entitled children. Game devs, don't feel bad one bit about having to delay. You guys do excellent work and delaying because you found last minute problems is more than common, its absolutely expected in this day and age. Don't be swayed by the hordes of stupidity commenting in here with their idiocies. "Wah, how unexpected" "you should bend over and let us take you for all you're worth because of a week delay on a free update"

give me a break. Grown adults acting like they're 5.

Good work Bioware, thanks for the update, and we will patiently await it's release when it is ready. It will certainly be worth it. I appreciate you guys trying to push it out in time, and then I appreciate you admitting it's not ready, and taking the hit for it. When you're dealing with a bunch of cry babies, its lose-lose if you release or delay, and delaying it is the smarter move for certain.
This. I'm not gonna lie, the delay is very disappointing because I was looking forward to it, but being asswipes about it isn't gonna help anyone. Delaying it until it's ready is always the better option. Wish we'd been told earlier but jesus, it's not the end of the world.
The patch notes look good too.

DrKlep
04.10.2017 , 05:01 PM | #78
Holy crap this community sounds like a bunch of self-entitled children.
Assuming by "self-entitled children" you actually mean "paying customers" you are correct. I pay for this game, every month, and for my money I expect certain things, among them not having new content pulled out from under me 10 hours before it was set to go in. Bioware is not making this game out of the goodness of their hearts, for us ungrateful louts leeching off of their labors. They are providing a service in exchange for our money, and we subscribers at least deserve better consideration than what they are showing us.

AscendingSky
04.10.2017 , 05:01 PM | #79
I'm habitually rather harsh on EAWare. I disagree with a lot of the decisions they've made (especially recently) about this game, and I'm not afraid to say so. Anyone who's seen my posts on this forum can verify that. Please keep this context in mind as I say the following, lest you think me a white knight:

Calm the kriff down, everyone! This is not the end of the world, or even the end of TOR! Hells, I can actually see this as a good thing! Why? I'd much rather they delay releasing the patch by a week (or even more) rather than repeat the situation we had with several of the KotFE chapters where the patches would be so terrible the servers would be down for DAYS and the chapters themselves would be so bug-ridden as to be unplayable for many players. Remember all those problems last year? Remember how it made subscriber 'early access' to the chapters a joke? Yeah... wouldn't you rather avoid that happening again?

It's just a week. We can wait a week if it means we can actually PLAY the new content when it comes out. While I understand people being unhappy and disappointed with the delay, some of the complaints on here are overblown to the point of sounding outright abusive and entitled.

That being said... EAWare absolutely should have announced this delay before today. There's no way they didn't know the patch was broken before now. I'm guessing the reason they didn't tell us was that they have been desperately trying to fix the code up to the last minute, because even the incompetent spod that is Ben Irving knows that delaying this patch would generate a ton of ill will that EAWare really can't afford right now. While trying to meet their deadline is understandable, I feel that was definitely a bad judgment call on their part.

While I don't think we're OMG OWED anything as a result of this week long delay, I would strongly suggest EAWare offer some kind of compensation/apology grant to calm the waters. Just extending the bonus XP and CXP event another week would go a long way, I think.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Radzkie
04.10.2017 , 05:07 PM | #80
Aw was looking forward to that sweet sweet story. Oh well.
Imperial Agent: "Are you done talking? Can I go ahead and kill you now? Yes? Good."