Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vingmotor
04.10.2017 , 04:26 PM | #51
hope we get more bonus xp !

mike_carton
04.10.2017 , 04:26 PM | #52
Given the defects they ship with and have let remain over the years, if they think it is not acceptable to defer the currently known defects in 5.2, I'd very much want them to fix and retest them thoroughly; they must be really bad. Rather wait for a week than have the game start taking liberties with my currencies.

<< Edited to remove extended speculation. >>

I can understand why they waited till the last minute. Not shipping this on time would likely cause red faces and garner slaps on wrists for a few managers and there was an attempt to avoid that if at all possible.

Making CXP and UC legacy-wide should make up for this.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Lunafox
04.10.2017 , 04:27 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
This is complete and utter BS... they could've told us this last friday, I am sure they knew about the problems back then.

Compensation better be in order. And a continuation of the CXP/XP event is a must.
I agree. This is nuts, they could've been honest about it last week. They've had so much time. They pumped it up and promo'd it and then boom, let down. Really, given the history, I shouldn't be surprised.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Gelious
04.10.2017 , 04:28 PM | #54
Wow, what an epic fail. Guess I am going back to ME:A... And to think I stopped playing it only because I was so impatient about 5.2...
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Valceanu
04.10.2017 , 04:29 PM | #55
while this is disappointing, I'm gonna try and look on the bright side. in typical BW fashion they would have gone forward with the release anyway and we'd be looking at another couple of month of fixes due to buggy content. id rather the delay then that. so, assuming there's a good reason for the delay, im gonna call it a step in the right direction...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

EricMusco
04.10.2017 , 04:30 PM | #56 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Here are the 5.2 patch notes. Note that they are subject to change between now and next week.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Stellarcrusade
04.10.2017 , 04:32 PM | #57
I'm going to go against the grain here, I think its a good thing to make sure to get it right and wait if they need to. There are enough bugs, no sense adding more.

DaruthKarr
04.10.2017 , 04:33 PM | #58
People here need to chill out, seriously. If I was a Bioware employee I would definitely not feel motivated or enthusiastic about my job knowing I was serving a bunch of whining, unappreciative @ssholes.

DrKlep
04.10.2017 , 04:33 PM | #59
The playerbase deserves a real apology and real signs of improvement from the development team, and subscribers deserve compensation for the shoddy way they're being treated. I know there are multiple people in my guild that we convinced to re-sub because of this patch, and I don't know if we're going to be able to retain them because of this. By this point, many people have locked in time off and otherwise made plans that they cannot change based on the assumption that when you guys gave us a date, you were going to follow through with it.

If you had any idea that you were not going to be able to make the date, you had a responsibility to let us know that well ahead of time, rather than 10 hours before the maintenance interval. I've been a subscriber since launch, but I took a couple months off from playing the game at the end of the year because it had grown stale. The Command system, uprisings, and the promise of new Operations content had me excited to get back in. Now I feel like I've been played for a fool. We deserve better than this. We deserve much better.

And if you're delaying the patch for another week, for the love of god put some class balancing in. Mercs/Commandos are far too difficult to kill.

Valceanu
04.10.2017 , 04:33 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by -Hughesy- View Post
Hmmm seems I am unbanned from the forums again. (this won't last long since you always ban people who speak the truth)

Bioware and EA you are absolutely awful at customer service and the development of this MMO.

Your regular players want quality additions to PVP and Operations (that's real operations not just one stupid boss)

We don't want crappy box opening experiences, or some solo bore fest that takes the MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER out of MMO.

If you are going to consistently f*** up this game, can you please just stop, hand over the rights to a decent developer so STAR WARS gets the love it deserves and decent multiplayer content additions at regular intervals.

I honestly think the develop team smoke crack with the money gained from people's subscriptions, it's the only explanation for their moronic decisions. So out of touch with reality.

See you next tuesday bioware
while you do ofc have the right to your opinion, plase don't presume that you speak for all players. that is all...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."