Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.10.2017 , 03:06 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We want to ensure our updates release at the highest quality possible and Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath is no different. At this point in time, we are not satisfied with the quality of the Iokath update. For that reason, we are delaying the release of 5.2 by one week, to release on April 18th. This allows the team more time to make improvements to address some of the issues still pending. We did not make this decision lightly as we are very eager for all of you to get your hands on the new storyline, reunite with old Companions, or try your hand at taking down the God of Rage himself.

As soon as we know timing for the next maintenance I will post that information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We will post the patch notes either today or first thing tomorrow so that you know what is planned for 5.2!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Screaming_Ziva
04.10.2017 , 03:45 PM | #2
Are you going let the XP and CXP boosts run another week?
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for. Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

jagertharn
04.10.2017 , 03:46 PM | #3
So Eric, does this extend the 250% CXP event to next week as well?
Dack-janielsStar ForgeDak'janiels

SebastiaanZ
04.10.2017 , 03:46 PM | #4
Then it would only be fair that CXP and XP run for another week!
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

DakhathKilrathi
04.10.2017 , 03:48 PM | #5
Really?

You guys have had how long to get this right, now? This does not inspire confidence. This isn't okay. You can't announce and then delay a major update at the last second. Had you announced this delay a couple of weeks ago, that would be different.

I feel like, at a minimum, you owe all subscribers a free week of sub time to make up for the delay, when many people have already subscribed with the expectation and intention of getting involved in new content tomorrow. This is completely unacceptable.

SebastiaanZ
04.10.2017 , 03:49 PM | #6
And also why am I not surprised? So much hype and now disappointing us as AGAIN. You would have known this yesterday or even friday ... but noooooo ... you are telling us this the evening before release.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

snave
04.10.2017 , 03:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We want to ensure our updates release at the highest quality possible and Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath is no different. At this point in time, we are not satisfied with the quality of the Iokath update. For that reason, we are delaying the release of 5.2 by one week, to release on April 18th. This allows the team more time to make improvements to address some of the issues still pending. We did not make this decision lightly as we are very eager for all of you to get your hands on the new storyline, reunite with old Companions, or try your hand at taking down the God of Rage himself.

As soon as we know timing for the next maintenance I will post that information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We will post the patch notes either today or first thing tomorrow so that you know what is planned for 5.2!

Thanks everyone.

-eric
If you can put some class balance in the patch over the next week everyone will forgive you. PUT SOME CLASS BALANCE IN THE PATCH

Krazhez
04.10.2017 , 03:50 PM | #8
Announcing this rather late, shouldn't you guys have known it wasn't ready sooner, like Friday livestream for example?

JLazarillo
04.10.2017 , 03:50 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jagertharn View Post
So Eric, does this extend the 250% CXP event to next week as well?
I hope it will be. I won't cry too many tears if it's not (was planning on spending this week redecorating my Strongholds anyway, let the crowds die down on the new area), but it sure would be nice.

Eggseggseggs
04.10.2017 , 03:51 PM | #10
Soon™
Last Resort The Harbinger Failure