Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: April 11th, 2017 *Delayed*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: April 11th, 2017 *Delayed*
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.07.2017 , 03:55 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The deploy of Game Update 5.2 has been delayed. Updated maintenance information to follow. There will not be a maintenance on April 11th.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Bidli
04.07.2017 , 04:53 PM | #2
Am I wrong or PST/GMT times are now PDT/BST times and are 1 hour shifted (besides the 8 hour difference between PDT / BST)?

Anyway thats why I suggested using UTC as one of the times, bcs that time never change..

DarkLordSnake
04.07.2017 , 07:34 PM | #3
This early, is this legit or troll. But woah, I'm getting up early for this
For New Fresh characters, be sure to follow the link below for some awesome goodies!
http://www.swtor.com/r/dXDy78

Gelious
04.08.2017 , 02:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

TIME: 1:00AM - 5:00AM PST (800 - 1200 GMT)
Are you absolutely sure you didnt mess up your numbers again? I would love to start playing at 12.00 GMT, but usually its tiime for the begining of Maintenance, not the end of it.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

Mubrak
04.08.2017 , 06:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bidli View Post
Am I wrong or PST/GMT times are now PDT/BST times and are 1 hour shifted (besides the 8 hour difference between PDT / BST)?
Don't give them funny ideas again. GMT doesn't change for daylight saving time. Some of the countries that use GMT switch to another timezone. Others like Iceland and much of western Africa never switch and are on GMT all year.

Using BST (or IST or WEST) would just cause more confusion. (or actually did so last year) daylight saving doesn't start everywhere at the same time and not every country does it. It's much easier for everyone (including Eric) to use a standard time they just have to translate to their own timezone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bidli View Post
Anyway thats why I suggested using UTC as one of the times, bcs that time never change..
In the end GMT works fine as a synonym for UTC, it never changes for daylight saving, has no offset to UTC and actually used to be the time standard before UTC. The main difference is that UTC doesn't imply that London is the center of the world.

But yes, there is a mistake: pacific time has shifted to PDT.
1:00AM - 5:00AM PDT = 8:00 - 12:00 GMT

Actually Austin is on CST/CDT (UTC -6/-5), right?
Maybe there would be less mistakes if BW just used their own timezone (and GMT/UTC)
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Exocor
04.08.2017 , 08:02 AM | #6
I think they just want to assure, that they don't affect the US-Prime-Time, when they have to extend the maintenance due to technical issues. Hopefully, european customers are able, to access the game before it's midnight.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

naganje
04.08.2017 , 12:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
TIME: 1:00AM - 5:00AM PST (800 - 1200 GMT)
A maintenance window that's suitable for Europeans... What have you been smoking?
If you found my post interesting, helpful, hilarious or simply feel like helping a mate out, please use my REFERRAL LINK so that we can both benefit from free in-game goodies

Bobzillaaa
04.08.2017 , 04:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by naganje View Post
A maintenance window that's suitable for Europeans... What have you been smoking?
SOON tm

Talon_strikes
04.08.2017 , 04:37 PM | #9
Inb4 Twitter posts about extended maintenance for the next 5 hours
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Bidli
04.08.2017 , 06:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
But yes, there is a mistake: pacific time has shifted to PDT.
1:00AM - 5:00AM PDT = 8:00 - 12:00 GMT
And therefore UTC would be nice