Maintenance: April 11th, 2017 *Delayed*

EricMusco

Am I wrong or PST/GMT times are now PDT/BST times and are 1 hour shifted (besides the 8 hour difference between PDT / BST)?

Anyway thats why I suggested using UTC as one of the times, bcs that time never change..

TIME: 1:00AM - 5:00AM PST (800 - 1200 GMT)

Are you absolutely sure you didnt mess up your numbers again? I would love to start playing at 12.00 GMT, but usually its tiime for the begining of Maintenance, not the end of it.

Am I wrong or PST/GMT times are now PDT/BST times and are 1 hour shifted (besides the 8 hour difference between PDT / BST)?

Don't give them funny ideas again. GMT doesn't change for daylight saving time. Some of the countries that use GMT switch to another timezone. Others like Iceland and much of western Africa never switch and are on GMT all year.

Using BST (or IST or WEST) would just cause more confusion. (or actually did so last year) daylight saving doesn't start everywhere at the same time and not every country does it. It's much easier for everyone (including Eric) to use a standard time they just have to translate to their own timezone.

Anyway thats why I suggested using UTC as one of the times, bcs that time never change..
In the end GMT works fine as a synonym for UTC, it never changes for daylight saving, has no offset to UTC and actually used to be the time standard before UTC. The main difference is that UTC doesn't imply that London is the center of the world.

But yes, there is a mistake: pacific time has shifted to PDT.

1:00AM - 5:00AM PDT = 8:00 - 12:00 GMT

Actually Austin is on CST/CDT (UTC -6/-5), right?

Maybe there would be less mistakes if BW just used their own timezone (and GMT/UTC)

Edited by Mubrak

I think they just want to assure, that they don't affect the US-Prime-Time, when they have to extend the maintenance due to technical issues. Hopefully, european customers are able, to access the game before it's midnight. :D

When can we expect the patchnotes as its almost Tuesday already. ;-)

Maybe for you but it's still lunch time for them.

Actually Austin is on CST/CDT (UTC -6/-5), right?

Maybe there would be less mistakes if BW just used their own timezone (and GMT/UTC)

Don;t give them any ideas. Texas isn;t the center of the world either, even though some folks say it is.

Edited by dr_mike

If I've done the time zone math right, I'll have time for a couple cups of coffee and then the game should be ready, minus patching - never know with that. Wait, minus? Should be plus patching, stinking math

/excited

Edited by grania

Updated the time to be PDT. Our maintenance is going to be a bit earlier this week, that is intended

Figgers. Normally when I have the day off on new patch day, I don't get to play in the morning since I'm on Central time. Now it gets changed, but it's gonna be a work day.

I'll forgive ya if this becomes a consistent thing, though.:)

Well, with the late release of the patch notes, I can only surmise one of two things. Either they aren't going to release the patch this week after all, or, there are things in the patch they don't want us to know about so we won't all mass unsub before tomorrow.:eek::eek::eek::eek::rak_02:

Please can you post the approximate size of the patch?

I've asked for this off and on for years, and I doubt it is something they will ever do. My guess is that the streaming launcher inflates the effective size of the patch and makes it very difficult to estimate. If they gave an estimate, it would just give folks one more thing about which to complain! :(

Well, with the late release of the patch notes, I can only surmise one of two things. Either they aren't going to release the patch this week after all, or, there are things in the patch they don't want us to know about so we won't all mass unsub before tomorrow.:eek::eek::eek::eek::rak_02:

They have just packed so much goodness into it that it is difficult for them to write it all up! :)