Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choosing a Faction on Iokath

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Choosing a Faction on Iokath
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darittha
04.05.2017 , 11:11 AM | #41
side switch only once per day? make it 1 hour cd only

Inspirator
04.05.2017 , 11:31 AM | #42
Where is the idea coming from that the two faction choices are Imp or Pub? I haven't seen anything saying that and the statement that you can earn reputation with the faction would seem to indicate otherwise. It would seem to function more like Faction X and Faction Y even if for some inexplicable reason they chose to call the Imp and Pub for this story also.

Inspirator
04.05.2017 , 11:32 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
side switch only once per day? make it 1 hour cd only
Clearly they don't want you to be able to both sets of dailies.

Edit: or maybe it's not so clear.

Exly
04.05.2017 , 11:32 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]Completing a Daily Mission will award you with Reputation for your chosen Factions rep track on Iokath.
I understand that I can choose to change which faction I am fighting for once per day. Does that mean that I can do both sets of dailies in the same day if I do one before I switch, and one after switching?

TUXs
04.05.2017 , 12:14 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
I understand that I can choose to change which faction I am fighting for once per day. Does that mean that I can do both sets of dailies in the same day if I do one before I switch, and one after switching?
This is a great question!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Pandoras_Jar
04.05.2017 , 12:23 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Inspirator View Post
Clearly they don't want you to be able to both sets of dailies.

Edit: or maybe it's not so clear.
Being able to switch faction on an hour cooldown could have an unsavoury impact on Open World PvP engagements (large or small) so having the cooldown be once a day would seemingly mitigate that issue.

I'd hazard a guess that the terminals 'reset' would happen at the same time as daily reset so you could theoretically do the dailies on one faction then when the dailies reset switch to the other faction.

One question I have for Musco and the Devs though is: Do you have to complete the Iokath story to access the faction switching terminal (and the dailies)? Just curious... (Edit: I'm pretty sure this hasn't been specified anywhere? But I'm assuming the answer is yes).
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
| SWTOR Content Creator Program Member |
Website: mmobits.com - Onslaught - Game Update 6.0 Gearing Guide - 6.0 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide 6.0 Class Changes, Set Bonuses + Tacticals | Twitter: @Rach_Games
~ Satele Shan - APAC/Oceanic - <Korvus/Corvus> ~

EricMusco
04.05.2017 , 12:35 PM | #47 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCadius View Post
So I have a question, this here states during the Storyline, so this is a one time consequence thing right? Meaning if you choose Empire as a Republic Commando, once the story continues those choices carry over no matter how many times you switch back n forth after the story?
Correct! Think of it like any other story choice with consequence in your Class story or KOTFE/KOTET Chapters.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
04.05.2017 , 12:36 PM | #48 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Great question! Currently the way it works is that once you have completed a Mission, you are no longer able to switch that day. This means you can only complete Missions for one Faction in any given day, so if you want to switch you should do so before working on dailies.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

higginsjf
04.05.2017 , 12:49 PM | #49
This makes some of LS agents some what happy and looking forward to it. Only down side is where was Republic when we needed them other then leader trying to take us Out.

RarePorcupine
04.05.2017 , 01:06 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by higginsjf View Post
This makes some of LS agents some what happy and looking forward to it. Only down side is where was Republic when we needed them other then leader trying to take us Out.
Saresh wasn't the leader at the time (you even get a letter from the Chancellor basically saying they don't care what happens to her if you have her imprisoned). The Republic largely sat out the war because its leaders didn't think they were ready to fight Zakuul even with the Alliance (you get a mail on that too - an intercepted message to Malcom where the analyst recommends sitting out the war to play it safe).

And it's not like Acina is particularly trustworthy - she waited until it was in her/the Empire's best interests to suck up to you. And giving Iokath's technology/weaponry to her is the kind of thing that will blow up in your face once the Empire no longer needs the Alliance/you.