Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choosing a Faction on Iokath

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Choosing a Faction on Iokath
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mmmbuddah
04.05.2017 , 09:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
My guess is that they are taking small steps toward that eventual goal. And this is a GOOD thing; better to take small steps and get it right, than jump off that cliff and mess it up royal.

The only issue I foresee is the commentary pre-combat:
ACW: the pub/imp general is talking...if you are a pub character and hear imp commentary that could be a problem
They just need to use the training simulation voic overs. Problem solved. It isnt even a problem TO solve. They already have it in game, it just requires them to hit a button to unlock it. It was already in a PTS a few times and they conveniently got rid of it when the patch went live.
Jade D.
That Republic Trans Girl You Love

mmmbuddah
04.05.2017 , 09:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Seems like that would destroy the alliance. Seems pretty stupid you would choose one of the others sides instead of your own alliance. You've spent every waking moment creating your own team to just choose one of the old sides.

Like I said, Seems a bit odd.
Yeah, I swear up and down i remember them saying taht you could also choose the alliance, but the twitter post with that seems to have vanished and now its only pub and imp, which is disappointing. Why would I fight my own interests?
Jade D.

psandak
04.05.2017 , 09:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Seems like that would destroy the alliance. Seems pretty stupid you would choose one of the others sides instead of your own alliance. You've spent every waking moment creating your own team to just choose one of the old sides.

Like I said, Seems a bit odd.
Well again though, as part of the story...

Spoiler

Think of it more as "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" rather than abandoning the alliance for another government.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

mmmbuddah
04.05.2017 , 09:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Well again though, as part of the story...

Spoiler

Think of it more as "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" rather than abandoning the alliance for another government.
And if you chose the opposite choice from both of those you mentioned? You would have both of them on your side.
Jade D.

Quraswren
04.05.2017 , 09:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by mmmbuddah View Post
And if you chose the opposite choice from both of those you mentioned? You would have both of them on your side.
Exactly, I would choose my alliance over either. I'm this great commander and now ruler of Zakuul and have both Empire and Sith with me.

There is no reason I would side with either one of them alone at this point. I got my own alliance to side with.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

DarthCadius
04.05.2017 , 09:52 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[list][*]The Faction choice you make during the storyline does have story consequences, so choose carefully! This is the choice that will be remembered in future storylines.
-eric
So I have a question, this here states during the Storyline, so this is a one time consequence thing right? Meaning if you choose Empire as a Republic Commando, once the story continues those choices carry over no matter how many times you switch back n forth after the story?
Seething hate, rage ANGER I will harness unlimited power.I live off the sufering of the weak, their pain gives me strength, their agony gives me life and their death feeds the force from which I keep their suffering never-ending.

masterceil
04.05.2017 , 09:53 AM | #17
As many others are saying, I'm disappointed as hell that you're forcing us to choose to support either the Empire or the Republic. My Alliance is now the strongest force in the galaxy - why would I bend the knee to these corrupt/inept/psychotic organisations?!
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Foambreaker
04.05.2017 , 09:55 AM | #18
lol, so PvP wise all the losers in the Republic will join Empire because they are sick of losing. Not realizing of course that they are the cause of their own loss.

I will be calling out locations of Republic traitors so that their people can come kill them

EricMusco
04.05.2017 , 10:03 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
How will this impact grouped players if they choose opposite factions upon arriving at Iokath?

How will this impact a guildship summons?

How will this impact chat channels?

You say it won't have any impact beyond Iokath, but it will impact future story content...is that future content still restricted only to Iokath or could it spread beyond that?
If you choose opposite Factions while grouped, it will allow you to make the choice and then remove you from the group.

Guildship summons will be based on your Class Faction, as per normal.

General chat channels are dictated by your normal Class Faction, you can however group with and chat with players based on your chosen Faction.

The future impact is story impact based on your story choices, not gameplay.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lammia
04.05.2017 , 10:08 AM | #20
Interesting... A few months ago the forum was full of posts that wanted to return to Pub vs. Imp stories. Some posters said they'd be unhappy being forced to re-join their old faction, because that's not what their characters would do.

Behold! You can choose a side. I thought "wow! that'll make some people happy".

Behold! The forum is now full of bi-tching that the story returns to Pub vs. Imp story, and you even can choose the side.

There's not satisfying you, people, is there?

For my own toons: they just want to go home. They never wanted any stupid Zakuul or to form a new Empire.