Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accessing Iokath

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

goryllobumbum
03.28.2017 , 02:59 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardGR View Post
Characters that haven't started the "KOTFE and KOTET" story, they will be eiligible to play the new content on Iokath, and after this can play the two previous story content, (or 3, including Makeb) without affecting the story?
I think yes. After starting KoTET on one of my alts i was still able to clear Oricon and Makeb stories. And as they mentioned, you don't need to clear KotFE and KotET to go to Iokath, so I would not worry about that.

docbenwayddo
03.28.2017 , 11:17 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
...[*]The character does not need to have completed KOTFE or KOTET to play the new story. However, it is highly recommended that you have. There will be spoilers to those storylines if you have not played them. Also, if you have not completed KOTFE and KOTET, default choices will be assumed in the new storyline which may not match your preference.
  • Playing Iokath will not affect your KOTFE or KOTET gameplay in any way (such as advancing the story, etc).

-eric
How does that work? The vast majority of my characters want nothing to do with the Knight of Valkorian's Daytime Soap, but they'll have default choices made for them going to the daily area that won't count if they ever inflict the actual chapters on themselves later?

mrwayn
03.28.2017 , 11:22 AM | #43
[list][*]There is only one requirement to be able to access the new story content in 5.2, the character must be level 70.
You do not need to have an active subscription to play the story content, but in order to have a level 70 you must have subscribed since KOTET launched. Also, normal restrictions still apply, so you must be a subscriber to access the Gods from the Machine Operation.
Do you need to be lvl 70 to access the new operation or is storymode doable with lvl 50+ as all the other storymodes?
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

EricMusco
03.28.2017 , 01:42 PM | #44 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by mrwayn View Post
Do you need to be lvl 70 to access the new operation or is storymode doable with lvl 50+ as all the other storymodes?
You can access it via groupfinder at level 50 as with other story modes. You will be bolstered accordingly.

I also confirmed that you do not need to complete the story to access the Operation.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Bobzillaaa
03.28.2017 , 01:53 PM | #45
You can access it via groupfinder at level 50 as with other story modes. You will be bolstered accordingly.

I also confirmed that you do not need to complete the story to access the Operation.

-eric
how will that work with group finder rewards and it only being 1 boss?

BJWyler
03.30.2017 , 03:39 AM | #46
Hey folks,

Today will mark the start of us revealing more of the nitty-gritty details of Game Update 5.2. Let’s start at the beginning; who can access Iokath and how do you do so? We really wanted to ensure that as many players as possible are able to access the new content. With that in mind, here we go:
  • There is only one requirement to be able to access the new story content in 5.2, the character must be level 70.
  • You do not need to have an active subscription to play the story content, but in order to have a level 70 you must have subscribed since KOTET launched. Also, normal restrictions still apply, so you must be a subscriber to access the Gods from the Machine Operation.
  • The character does not need to have completed KOTFE or KOTET to play the new story. However, it is highly recommended that you have. There will be spoilers to those storylines if you have not played them. Also, if you have not completed KOTFE and KOTET, default choices will be assumed in the new storyline which may not match your preference.
    • Playing Iokath will not affect your KOTFE or KOTET gameplay in any way (such as advancing the story, etc).
  • To launch the new storyline, head to your ship’s Mission terminal where you can accept the Mission “The Forgotten World.”

If you have any questions about who can access Iokath or how to get there, let me know below. We will be continuing to post more updates throughout the week so keep your eyes peeled.

-eric
Will all companions still be removed from whatever character decides to access the storyline? I am certainly not going through the garbage of having to regain companions on any of my characters because of that nonsense. If companions are going to be removed from any and all future story content that is even slightly related to the storylines of 4.0 and 5.0, when can players expect to see story content that has no relation to the Keeping up with the Valkorian storyline?
Better Judgement and Wrath of Judgement on Star Forge
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

Wretched Hive Recap The premier SWTOR Forum Discussion Show

IanArgent
03.30.2017 , 06:02 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Will all companions still be removed from whatever character decides to access the storyline? I am certainly not going through the garbage of having to regain companions on any of my characters because of that nonsense. If companions are going to be removed from any and all future story content that is even slightly related to the storylines of 4.0 and 5.0, when can players expect to see story content that has no relation to the Keeping up with the Valkorian storyline?
You get get all of your class companions back if you start KotFE by completing Chapter 9 and/or (Unsure which) To Find A Findsman; and using the companion return terminal, at which point they participate about as much as they did after your class stories ended.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

RagnarAugustus
03.30.2017 , 11:39 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Here's hoping that one of the updates will announce an option to turn of the DvL pop-ups!
As well as resize and move them.

Everrgreen
03.30.2017 , 07:52 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by docbenwayddo View Post
How does that work? The vast majority of my characters want nothing to do with the Knight of Valkorian's Daytime Soap, but they'll have default choices made for them going to the daily area that won't count if they ever inflict the actual chapters on themselves later?

gawd, I think I love you for saying this...
exactly my question when I read Eric's post.

Use my referral link to sign up and get a FREE Preferred Friends Bundle
and 7 Free Days of Subscription!

docbenwayddo
04.08.2017 , 04:56 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
This is part of what I'd really like to know.
I like the majority of my characters way too much to inflict KotFE/ET on them. I created new characters specifically to go through the Zakuul fiasco and I liked 2/3rds of them too much to make them suffer through it.
Whether or not the new daily area is subjectively playable at all, depends entirely on how much KotFE/ET stink gets forced onto any character doing the story to access it.