Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accessing Iokath

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.27.2017 , 01:54 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Today will mark the start of us revealing more of the nitty-gritty details of Game Update 5.2. Let’s start at the beginning; who can access Iokath and how do you do so? We really wanted to ensure that as many players as possible are able to access the new content. With that in mind, here we go:
  • There is only one requirement to be able to access the new story content in 5.2, the character must be level 70.
  • You do not need to have an active subscription to play the story content, but in order to have a level 70 you must have subscribed since KOTET launched. Also, normal restrictions still apply, so you must be a subscriber to access the Gods from the Machine Operation.
  • The character does not need to have completed KOTFE or KOTET to play the new story. However, it is highly recommended that you have. There will be spoilers to those storylines if you have not played them. Also, if you have not completed KOTFE and KOTET, default choices will be assumed in the new storyline which may not match your preference.
    • Playing Iokath will not affect your KOTFE or KOTET gameplay in any way (such as advancing the story, etc).
  • To launch the new storyline, head to your ship’s Mission terminal where you can accept the Mission “The Forgotten World.”

If you have any questions about who can access Iokath or how to get there, let me know below. We will be continuing to post more updates throughout the week so keep your eyes peeled.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Clarian
03.27.2017 , 01:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,
We will be continuing to post more updates throughout the week so keep your eyes peeled.

-eric
Here's hoping that one of the updates will announce an option to turn of the DvL pop-ups!

TUXs
03.27.2017 , 02:03 PM | #3
Great place to start and good news for many of us. Thank you Eric!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sitara
03.27.2017 , 02:03 PM | #4
Thx for heads up. Just one question: will this story be repeatable?

grania
03.27.2017 , 02:04 PM | #5
I'm way too picky to let the game make decisions for me, but I'm sure this will be very good news for many.

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Exly
03.27.2017 , 02:06 PM | #6
Good news, thank you.

AlCiao
03.27.2017 , 02:07 PM | #7
Thanks for the info, Eric! Let me first express how pleased I am that KotFE/KotET completion isn't required!

Is there any chance you might inform us what 'defaullt choices' Iokath assumes, if KotFE or KotET isn't finished?

Thanks!
Strangefate Legacy on Jedi Covenant
Imperial Entanglements

LordTurin
03.27.2017 , 02:10 PM | #8
Will we need to complete the story to access the operation? That was a bit of a pain with Ziost to be perfectly honest.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

unibim
03.27.2017 , 02:15 PM | #9
Thats a strange way to choose a thing to tell from the list. But whatever.

Good decision on allowing prefs to play.
Gravestone Self-Destruct button
Press in case of emergency need of referral link.

WTB [A Way To Change Forum Display Name]

bdatt
03.27.2017 , 02:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Will we need to complete the story to access the operation? That was a bit of a pain with Ziost to be perfectly honest.
I assume no. You can't do the story mission associated withnew operation, but can kill the bosses.