Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pubs, please, stop whining, start winning

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pubs, please, stop whining, start winning

NogueiraA
03.25.2017 , 11:09 PM | #21
"if you can't beat them, join them".
I refuse to do that so I stopped pvp'ing.

pvp on pub side is asking to have a heart attack on how stupid and dumb they are.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

americanaussie
03.26.2017 , 12:33 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post

pvp on pub side is asking to have a heart attack on how stupid and dumb they are.
My healer smuggler was twice left on a node. Then, again left on a door in void star. Me all by my lonesome. Guess which door got a bomb on it within 30 seconds of the game starting? The other one. 7 freaking people couldn't stop the bomb from being planted. 7!!!! 7!!!! Between that, being spammed by the ops leader with a bunch of because they were sad we lost, and the INSANE amount of Quesh huttball, I am so done. Might as well dance through the whole match for easy points, because either way, it's going to end super fast any way.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

Icykill_
03.26.2017 , 02:55 AM | #23
Reps are on a roll in Harby lowbies at the moment. I've kept the white acute module active while I'm relearning saboteur before I jump on my lvl 65 GS, so I've been in lowbies for the last few days. I've not lost one match against imps.
I know it's lowbies and isn't an indicator of real skill, but if the quality of reps vs imps coming through is any indication, there are some terrible imps progressing and some half decent reps coming through
I've even played a few mids on my GS and the quality of imps isn't very good. Plus if they are losing or it's a tough match they rage quite.
Because there are so few reps, the pop often slows down for reps, so I have to jump on my sniper for some Imp v Imp. Imps rage quit constantly, yell at each other, don't listen to advice and my pet hate at the moment, mark the whole damn team. It's like playing with a bunch of spoilt children who chuck a tantrum if they are losing or it's too hard. God for bid they have some competition and actually need to learn to play. Imps have always had a little attitude and it has never phased me, but it's heaps worse now and it seems they are becoming worse players because of it. They refuse to learn, give up if it's hard, really abuse people trying to help (worse than normal), don't listen to experienced players because they already think they are the experienced players after 2 weeks of playing Pvp. At this rate the reps will start to dominatate all reg lvls of pvp because old school imps are either leaving the game, only playing ranked arena or have rolled reps because they are sick of the new pvp player know it alls. You only need to have a look at the thread I started in the gen section about them marking every damn dps/tank and not just healers, to see the bad attitude these people have.
Most reps stick around even if they are losing because there are so few of them and when you wait 3-4 times longer for a pop, rage quitting to requeue with different people isn't really an option. Reps also try, they may not always be that good at pure combat, but they are heaps better at objectives, tactics and team work.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Icykill_
03.26.2017 , 02:56 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post

Have a look at lowbies at the moment, I think you'll be surprised.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

mmmbuddah
03.26.2017 , 03:01 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RooRider View Post
Sincerely, I'm amazed half the pub players in queue actually figured out how to queue in the first place. Why would any pvp-orientated player queue for pubs on harb? Outside a few hours of the day you're waiting a longer time for pops, and when you get one you're team is filled with mongs. Yesterday was the final straw for me; in a NC, a mando and a scoundrel dps sitting in the shelter for the entire game face tanking, not using any dcd whatsoever...scoundrel wouldn't roll, mando wouldn't use shield...nothing...try healing that kind of genius. Come to end of the game, no surprise to find both well below 1k dps, at level 70. I want competitive games, I don't want to pay $15 a month to bang my head against a wall. At least on imps you'll get competitive games, as in my experience it's imp vs imp 90% of the time.
You have this problem because of the sheep mentality. People get a bad match and run to imp side. It has been happening on TRE for a while now. Luckily we are getting refugees from the german and french servers on pub now and things are slowly looking up. Very slowly. Being part of the problem is never the solution.
Jade D.
That Republic Trans Girl You Love

Icykill_
03.26.2017 , 03:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mmmbuddah View Post
You have this problem because of the sheep mentality. People get a bad match and run to imp side. It has been happening on TRE for a while now. Luckily we are getting refugees from the german and french servers on pub now and things are slowly looking up. Very slowly. Being part of the problem is never the solution.
Based on population percentages only, the reps have a higher percentage of better players because lots of the bad rep sheep jump to imps so they can get carried.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Eastiano
03.26.2017 , 05:58 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by mmmbuddah View Post
This is the same thing I notice. That or if we do start to win the imps ragequit instantly.
Ragequit!!!! Wooo!

Banderal
03.26.2017 , 06:00 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I've even played a few mids on my GS and the quality of imps isn't very good. Plus if they are losing or it's a tough match they rage quite.
My experience on the imp side mids agrees with this. I have an operative there in mids, and it's just SO frustrating. It's like "we" need, not a PvP 101, but a PvP 001. Hey, guess what, you can't stop someone taking a turret in NC when you are fighting them 100 YARDS FROM THE BUNKER. When you are down 150 points in an AHG calling out "run orbs" is not going to help you. If you run up "mid" in VS to fight them where they spawn, they will stealth around you and plant a bomb.

And yes, the rage quit or giving up is pathetic. One thing goes wrong, at all, and 2 people quit, and 3 more go and sit somewhere for defender medals, or just to wait the match out. Makes me cry.

Pub side 70's I've been having amazingly great games for the past week. Imp side mids though... ugh.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - Satele Shan

americanaussie
03.26.2017 , 06:04 AM | #29
Hey. You all are right. Something I noticed...Not many rage quit. Imp side the first sign of difficulty you'll lose at least one but possibly 3. And I do mean the first sign.
There's no raging at each other either.
Thank you to everyone who has used my referral link over the years and to all of the wonderful people I've met on here.

Icykill_
03.26.2017 , 07:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
My experience on the imp side mids agrees with this. I have an operative there in mids, and it's just SO frustrating. It's like "we" need, not a PvP 101, but a PvP 001. Hey, guess what, you can't stop someone taking a turret in NC when you are fighting them 100 YARDS FROM THE BUNKER. When you are down 150 points in an AHG calling out "run orbs" is not going to help you. If you run up "mid" in VS to fight them where they spawn, they will stealth around you and plant a bomb.

And yes, the rage quit or giving up is pathetic. One thing goes wrong, at all, and 2 people quit, and 3 more go and sit somewhere for defender medals, or just to wait the match out. Makes me cry.

Pub side 70's I've been having amazingly great games for the past week. Imp side mids though... ugh.
I'm playing reps more now and pvp is much more enjoyable even if you lose. I think more people are getting sick of all the crap that goes with the current Imp population on Harbinger and want a change that is more fun by being friendly, by trying to win and not all the drama and abuse. Lots of imps have come across and it's good to see they leave that Imp mentality at the door. It's a good indication the Imp toxicity and attitude is what made them swap.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦