Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pubs, please, stop whining, start winning

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pubs, please, stop whining, start winning

Stummt
03.25.2017 , 12:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Transfer to t3m4 and see how pubs are shredding imps 90 % of all fights. However, lately it is pubs vs pubs ^^
I agree, (premade) Pubs steam rolling the war zones on t3-m4. But your standard pub is still cannon fodder ^^ Yesterday was the first imp vs imp match I had in the last two weeks.

verfallen
03.25.2017 , 01:21 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post

Game 3 a huttball. Both sides actually playing huttball! The ball is traveling all over the map as both sides get close to scoring and are denied over and over! They eventually go up first, 1 to nothing. We tie it up with a minute and 40 seconds to go. Then, at 50 seconds, we score the go ahead goal! They get the ball and make a push for a score to tie it back up, but we manage to stop them, and we end the game! Win #3.

Three great pub wins because we didn't give up at the first sign of a difficult match. Who knew that could happen!
Best huttballs game I've seen are healer less with good dps on each side. Really have to work the pass there.

And all in the original huttball map. Queshball can go die in a hole as far as I'm concerned.

But I have to say, on JC, pubs are REALLY good at huttball. Like they probably all woop for joy when they see it. The best ball carriers I've seen are all pubs, and pound for pound, I'd say they have the best healers in average as well, all sages tough. Haven't seen a scoundrel or commando healer that was better than their imp player counterpart. We do have our pretty awesome heals too tough.

Hard to see with the rankings tough, never see pubs in ranked.

mmmbuddah
03.25.2017 , 03:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
Hard to win when people quit out so quickly.
This is the same thing I notice. That or if we do start to win the imps ragequit instantly.
Jade D.
That Republic Trans Girl You Love

Icykill_
03.25.2017 , 08:33 AM | #14
Been trouncing imps today. It's like they left their brains and skills at home.

But biggest gripe at the moment is all the idiots marking non healers in objective pvp. Fk me it is annoying and when you remove the mark to put it on a healer and they remove it from the healer to put it back on their pet dps they want focus.
I even got abused for putting the "wrong" mark on a healer, lol, apparently I can "only ever" use a target marker for a healer... but they had 3.. lmao.. and when I pointed that out "I was told" to only mark one healer because the other markers were for the dps and the tank... then I was told this is the way we've always done it in pvp and to L2P or stop queueing. 😂😂😂
This is what happens when pvp gets flooded with pve elitist noobs who think they know everything and then try to enforce their stupid behaviour on the unsuspecting newbies.
If you see idiots doing this, please educate them.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

-BlackDragon-
03.25.2017 , 08:47 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
2nd, it varies with time of the day. On JC there are times where the pubs have a few very good healers and tanks queuing that make some game darn difficult to win. There's also a couple decent dps that queue with them now and then.
Just because a team has 3 heals and 2 tanks and nothing dies doesn't make those heals and tanks "good". It is easy to win when you have that many healers and tanks. Most of the time the pub dps is terrible not being able to kill the imps that only have one healer so all those pub heals and tanks just make the wz last even longer. I don't have anything against pubs I just dislike every single wz where I am hitting a training dummy the whole time, it gets boring. They do provide a nice dps farm for imps which I appreciate though.
Recovering alt-oholic that likes pvp and bacon.
Maximum Decimator / Predator Jugg

VaceDemon
03.25.2017 , 11:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Harb, level 70, pub side, solo queuing. Just had 3 hard fought wins in a row to do the dailies. First was an ACW, trading turrets back and forth, we win with one turret, score 10 to 0, where it mattered which side got the lucky last tick.

Next was an arena. We have 3 DPS (guardian, sage, shadow) and a tank (me, shadow) against 2 snipers a merc, and a sin (all DPS). First round they annihilate us. Round 2 we win with 2 left standing. Round 3 comes down to a battle of the guardian vs. the merc. Guardian pulls it out at the last second!

Game 3 a huttball. Both sides actually playing huttball! The ball is traveling all over the map as both sides get close to scoring and are denied over and over! They eventually go up first, 1 to nothing. We tie it up with a minute and 40 seconds to go. Then, at 50 seconds, we score the go ahead goal! They get the ball and make a push for a score to tie it back up, but we manage to stop them, and we end the game! Win #3.

Three great pub wins because we didn't give up at the first sign of a difficult match. Who knew that could happen!
wait, a merc lost to a guardian??? lies! mercs can't be beaten. at least that's what the forum cries are all about.
Vace
Harb

House of Purple

Banderal
03.25.2017 , 12:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by VaceDemon View Post
wait, a merc lost to a guardian??? lies! mercs can't be beaten. at least that's what the forum cries are all about.
I know, I thought that when I wrote it. When I saw it was merc ver guardian I was immediately thinking, "crap", but it was awesome! I have video to prove it too! Of course, I'd have to have enough gumption to actually process and post it to youtube, and really, who cares anymore?
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

AndriusAjax
03.25.2017 , 01:20 PM | #18
on SL pubs win plenty. Id say I win 9/10 most nights.

On Harb, the whole server has adhered to the rule of "if u cant beat em, join em' So I have no idea why you imps feel so special coming in here and talking down to the pubs - btw i doubt they read the forums - the ones that do, rerolled imp lol
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative

thepilk
03.25.2017 , 04:09 PM | #19
Biggest issue Ive seen is a natural result of the population difference: there are days where it feels like there is just no healers republic side outside of guild run groups. When the population is 3x bigger on one faction, its easy to take for granted that there is a more robust population classes and roles pugging, Ive gone entire days republic side with almost no healers in group vs enemies that reliably have at least 1-2 which will obviously create the illusion that imperials are better because one side simply cannot win a war of attrition.

So, then you feel the general morale creak and the tone become "pubs suck at pvp" when in fact the skill levels arent that different, and number of doorknobs who suck are about the same too..its just one side is far more likely to have all 3 legs of the trinity roles accounted for more consistently, so the matches are over before they even start.
youtube.com/mantapusproductions
CineMoLos.com

RooRider
03.25.2017 , 10:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AndriusAjax View Post
On Harb, the whole server has adhered to the rule of "if u cant beat em, join em' So I have no idea why you imps feel so special coming in here and talking down to the pubs - btw i doubt they read the forums - the ones that do, rerolled imp lol
Sincerely, I'm amazed half the pub players in queue actually figured out how to queue in the first place. Why would any pvp-orientated player queue for pubs on harb? Outside a few hours of the day you're waiting a longer time for pops, and when you get one you're team is filled with mongs. Yesterday was the final straw for me; in a NC, a mando and a scoundrel dps sitting in the shelter for the entire game face tanking, not using any dcd whatsoever...scoundrel wouldn't roll, mando wouldn't use shield...nothing...try healing that kind of genius. Come to end of the game, no surprise to find both well below 1k dps, at level 70. I want competitive games, I don't want to pay $15 a month to bang my head against a wall. At least on imps you'll get competitive games, as in my experience it's imp vs imp 90% of the time.
EA's no.1 fanboi

Enjoyer of mediocre games