Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: 28 March 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.23.2017 , 01:13 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We will be taking the servers offline on March 28th in order to perform back end updates. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance.

Details:
DATE: 28 March 2017
TIME: 4:00 AM PDT / 11:00 GMT - 9:00 AM PDT / 16:00 GMT
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Hockster
03.23.2017 , 04:39 PM | #2
Seems to be a lot of back end work going on lately. Prepping for server merges I hope.

Setokai
03.23.2017 , 04:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
Seems to be a lot of back end work going on lately. Prepping for server merges I hope.
or cleaning up data, like doing a disk defragment
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player

Engeopathichero
03.23.2017 , 11:52 PM | #4
Really appreciate letting us know ahead of time that the updates are coming. Do have one request though, can it stick to the forums and off the launcher until at least Monday? Or at least make the notice not so much in the way? Have never understood why it was there in the first place actually.
"You don't know true rage until you get lectured on controlling your emotions by a four-year-old in a robe." Guss, Smuggler Companion.
Referral code, for grins and giggles.

PiiTarr
03.24.2017 , 12:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Engeopathichero View Post
Really appreciate letting us know ahead of time that the updates are coming. Do have one request though, can it stick to the forums and off the launcher until at least Monday? Or at least make the notice not so much in the way? Have never understood why it was there in the first place actually.
Before it was there, multiple complaints were made on these forums by people stating they were not aware of upcoming maintenance.

Tsillah
03.26.2017 , 08:43 AM | #6
inb4 someone asks for patch notes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
Servers need maintenance regularly. As far as preparations, well, there is 5.2 coming in two weeks so it might also be in preparation of that. A new explorable area, the first boss in a new ops, major changes to endgame gearing, something new for pvp, etc.

All in all it looks like 5.2 is a patch meant to stabilise the population and salvage what can be salvaged from the 5.0 debacle. I hope it will be successful but that's another topic.

There is also the point that they've made a lot of changes already since 5.0 and that may cause some backend issues as well.

As for server merges. Well, it may be on the horizon. I don't know, but I sure hope that if it comes to merges that people will get ample warning so they can prepare themselves.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

TUXs
03.27.2017 , 10:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Engeopathichero View Post
You never understood why they made announcements on the Launcher??? You can't be serious...right?

It can pop up for a week straight...I'm thrilled they announce it there. There's literally no better place for it to be announced.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Belegnole
03.27.2017 , 06:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You never understood why they made announcements on the Launcher??? You can't be serious...right?

It can pop up for a week straight...I'm thrilled they announce it there. There's literally no better place for it to be announced.
me too....you just can't miss it...lol
no matter where you go, there you are

VirtualMorrigan
03.28.2017 , 11:19 AM | #9
EU servers still down. Because hey, who cares about them, right. Incompetence all around.

Artunnim
03.28.2017 , 11:26 AM | #10
Yes, EU still down. Maintenance was scheduled until 1600GMT, then delayed to 1700GMT. It's 1725GMT right now and EU's still not up. What/when/why?