Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What mosue do you guys use?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Full_defilade
03.14.2017 , 06:25 AM | #11
I use the Zalman gun mouse. After developing pain in my wrist and tendon from using a traditional mouse, I switched over to the Zalman and haven't had pain in 2 years.

Smuglebunny
03.14.2017 , 06:38 AM | #12
I use a normal lenovo mouse that I walked off a job site with and a dell keyboard that I did the same with 5 years ago lol.

Just normal KB and mouse that comes with a PC. Never needed more.

SalBasss
03.14.2017 , 06:46 AM | #13
Another G700 user here. Tried the 600 but the keys were just a little bit too many for me. I have big hands as it is, so I can reach quite a few keys with my left hand on the keyboard, plus shift/ctrl with any of those keys/mouse buttons... in the end it gives me more than enough options.

The best thing I can recommend is to test a mouse if you can. If a friend has one you might be interested in, see if you can try it out.

Playing on The Shadowlands

xkcurtisx
03.14.2017 , 06:51 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ArticLynx View Post
I am thinking of getting a MMO mouse but dont know what one to get, I looked at the Corsair''s RGB Scimitar/Pro, Steelseries Rival 700 they both kind of look cool but I dont know.
i use the scimitar its pretty much a Naga with better quality, and the CUE software far surpasses the Razer and Logitech equivalents.

jimbocolorado
03.14.2017 , 07:03 AM | #15
I use a G700 as well best mouse i have found to use as it has plenty of buttons. I also use a Logitech G13 for the left hand. works great!

Valaetia
03.14.2017 , 07:22 AM | #16
I use the Razor Naga. I love the convenience of having 12 buttons so I can essentially play one handed and use my free hand for those "oh crap" moments when you need both hands. lol. I've used a Naga for 5 years now and while the first 2 weeks were difficult it was relatively simply to train my hand properly. Muscle memory is amazing when you think about it.

I won't go back to a plain mouse ever again.

DRMM
03.14.2017 , 08:03 AM | #17
I've really wanted to switch to one of G series mice from Logitech, but I keep trying them in the store and neither one feels comfortable.

So I've stuck with my old Logitech Performance Mouse MX. It has 4 side buttons within a very easy reach of my thumb (3 up top and 1 down) and I can't find anything more comfortable sadly.

EricMusco
03.14.2017 , 08:11 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I originally read your thread title as "What musco do you guys use?" and I was momentarily confused. I worked it out.

I use an old-school Logitech G5, I love that thing.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Toraak
03.14.2017 , 08:11 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Why do you care what they look like? Who's going to see them, apart from you?

Criteria for a gaming mouse:
* Not too heavy or it's hard work to push around.
* Not too light or it's twitchy.
* No sharp edges or pointy bits.
* Wheel.
* Extra buttons that are easy to press when you want and ONLY when you want, and can be mapped to single keypresses for firing abilities.
* Er, that's it.
I'd add 1 more thing to that list. Does the mouse fit your hand well when your holding it? This to me is very imporant because if the mouse doesn't fit your hand, it's not worth buying, no matter if it's an MMO mouse or a 2 button mouse.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

SalBasss
03.14.2017 , 08:19 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
Another G700 user here. Tried the 600 but the keys were just a little bit too many for me. I have big hands as it is, so I can reach quite a few keys with my left hand on the keyboard, plus shift/ctrl with any of those keys/mouse buttons... in the end it gives me more than enough options.

The best thing I can recommend is to test a mouse if you can. If a friend has one you might be interested in, see if you can try it out.
I need to add one thing here... I really dislike the Logitech Software that you need to keybind everything. I just upgraded computers about a month ago. Before that, I didn't have any problems dating back 5 years. What I didn't realize is I hadn't ever updated my Logitech software so it actually didn't even recognize my G700 anymore - instead, it used the "on-board" memory from the mouse to remember my keybinds.

Now that I have the software reinstalled properly on my new machine, I have problems periodically where the software will change profiles for unknown reasons or sometimes detect nothing. It seems to be less frequent now that I've changed all of my profiles to be the same (since I don't use the enhanced features on any other programs, or if I do, it's other games where I use the same setup)... but still, I haven't found their software to be very user-friendly.

Playing on The Shadowlands