Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please stop protecting cheaters/botters.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please stop protecting cheaters/botters.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bolo_Yeung
03.11.2017 , 06:58 PM | #1
Hello.

A while ago, I posted a video with a player apparently multiboxing in GSF match, The thread was removed and I got a warning.
Today, I have seen the same behavior. People openly admitted that they are 'farming' and asked us to leave (possibly to end the match faster). Then 4 of them they began to selfdestruct repeatedly.
If you protect the cheaters, they will go bolder and bolder, as it can be seen; honest players have a clear disadvantage.

Unless you want it this way, and let the 'cunning' win. But if it is the case, please state so clearly so people will know what to expect.

Regards.
B.

LordTurin
03.11.2017 , 07:33 PM | #2
They are not protecting them. File a ticket, and send the video to Musco as well and they will look at it. They have a general "no naming & shaming" rule on the forums, and for good reason to be honest, as 90% of the time when someone complains about cheating, it is simply because the person complaining doesn't understand the game as well as they should.
Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Isilout - Commando
A day may come, when BW forces us to learn IO. But it is not this day!
This day, we Arsenal! - Aragorn, Return of the King
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Icykill_
03.11.2017 , 07:42 PM | #3
Seeing lots of Bots in pvp at the moment with names like djfnfurjemyt, each match they run a set path. If they die and respawn they run the same script.

Yesterday one kept popping into matches and we had to vote to kick it out. The problem with that is you need to do it before it enters combat. You also need most of the team to vote to, which most don't or even know how. So for the first part of the game people are asking others to vote the bot out and trying to explain how. Then it enters combat and the system deletes the votes, so you have to start again.
Bioware you need some system in place besides reporting through the current system. This bot was around for the 6 hours I played and someone said it had been around for many hours before I logged in.

I would also like to know exactly how many people need to vote to kick before the bot is removed. Is it 3,4,5,6 or 7. What if we have 2 bots which I saw the other day.

For those who don't know how to vote to kick bots in pvp. This is what you do and you can do it from anywhere in the map, BUT only after the match starts.
Click on their name in the operations box so they are in your target box. Then right click their portrait and go down to vote to kick. It's that simple,
But if they enter content you will get a chat msg that says all votes are cleared and you need to do it again. The best time to do it is when the WZ start screen drops. But if they enter combat I usually watch for when they die and they are waiting in the respawn, then it's easy to get them out.

So guys, keep an eye out for these bots. They are pretty simple to spot by the name, but some do have real names, so check chat and if someone says they're a bot, mark them and watch for a few mins if you can. If you see a scripted pattern to their behaviour and movements, then 99% of the time they are a bot.

Make sure you vote to kick all bots.

😐
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
APAC - sign this thread to say goodbye
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=936181

Bolo_Yeung
03.12.2017 , 02:49 PM | #4
Any ideas how to kicks bots on enemy team?

And seriously, only 'action' I am seeing is deleting forum threads because of 'no-naming'.

TheRandomWolf
03.12.2017 , 04:40 PM | #5
I once faced a few bots on Guild Wars 2. It completely ruined the PvP experience and made the whole match impossible to play. Staff decided to ignore the tickets over there.

Let's hope the same doesn't happen to SWTOR.
If anyone wants, you could always use my referral link for some extra goodies. I'd be pretty grateful. Here it is: http://www.swtor.com/r/SfNGDW

Icykill_
03.13.2017 , 01:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
Any ideas how to kicks bots on enemy team?

And seriously, only 'action' I am seeing is deleting forum threads because of 'no-naming'.
If you see bots on the enemy team it sucks for them. They need to take steps to kick them and it's not your responsibility.
But what you could do if you identify one is let them know in the gen/say chat channel. Then target mark them yourself and farm the crap out of it because it's an easy kill. This is extremely helpful in Hypergates where every kill gives your side points. 😉
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Icykill_
03.13.2017 , 01:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomWolf View Post
I once faced a few bots on Guild Wars 2. It completely ruined the PvP experience and made the whole match impossible to play. Staff decided to ignore the tickets over there.

Let's hope the same doesn't happen to SWTOR.
They will ignore them. The only way they will be able to tell if it's a bot is if you record it and send it to Eric Musco.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Ramalina
03.13.2017 , 01:46 AM | #8
Heck, it'd be nice if they stopped the farm trolls too.

Had a death match recently where at the start one player announced they would be suiciding to "accelerate our component farming." I think they managed something like 17 deaths.

Sad thing is, with the whole team raging at him, and even after someone explained in chat how to vote kick, we couldn't get enough votes in to kick him during the windows when he was down.

I had a fairly exceptional game, stuck with a battlescout the whole time, and we did end up winning by a margin of about 10 points.

I think it's safe to say though, that given the fast pace of GSF combat, and the way the UI interface works, that the vote kick system in GSF is too unwieldy to work adequately in practice.

There was almost as much frustration in chat about the inability to kick the troll as there was about the deliberate attempt to throw the match.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

Ornithopoda
03.13.2017 , 02:09 AM | #9
It's been nice to have more incentives for people to play GSF lately, but unfortunately it has come with it's drawbacks as well. Perhaps if we can get the devs to address the cheaters, they may actually give GSF some attention while they're at it (hey, I can dream right?).
Laynč - Guardian Láyne - Sorcerer
Layne Michael - Scoundrel
Satele Shan

mmmbuddah
03.13.2017 , 08:15 AM | #10
This is a big problem in GSF atm. You see almost entire teams of bots just spinning in circles or suiciding and then the players doing it sit around their capital ships and you cant attack them
Jade D.
That Republic Trans Girl You Love