Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did you nerf Fractured Uprising CxP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did you nerf Fractured Uprising CxP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
03.07.2017 , 09:40 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
That's kind of what everyone asked for by their revealed preferences - everyone wants to skip the trash mobs and cutscenes, and get right to the bosses and get out.
That would be a World Boss Ian...Uprisings are inundated with trash mobs...that's over 3/4 of an Uprising tbh.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sargrith
03.07.2017 , 09:52 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
That's kind of what everyone asked for by their revealed preferences - everyone wants to skip the trash mobs and cutscenes, and get right to the bosses and get out. Complaining that the boss fights are pretty simple is one thing, but complaining that they don't have story and can be finished quickly; when the VAST majority of FP runs (and all the Ops) I've ever been in skip every mob possible and the vast majority of players spacebar the cut scenes?

I predicted the (rough) format of Uprisings way back in the middle of 4.x, around the time TEC released (admittedly as speculation, not as "fact.") I'll put Cr5 down on the upcoming Op being formatted similarly, not a lot of trash mobs, no in-Op cutscenes to speak of. (If I'm wrong, first person to reference this post can pick up their 5 credits off me on JC).

Complain all you like that the boss fights are uninteresting; but I sort of think once the fight has been "solved" then it's all about executing your dance routine properly.
Wasn't complaining, just stating that they are not content meant to enrich the game. They are meant to be there to grind. People who spacebar through, skip "trash" and the like are grinding. They are not interested in the story or the envirement. That's fine that's their play style. But uprising only exist to support that play style they add nothing for any other play style. So calling then only grind bait seems fair as that is all they are.

I don't know what everyone asked for so I can't say. But uprising are all about the grind, cxp also tends to focus people only on the grind which to my play style is a shame.

Halinalle
03.07.2017 , 09:52 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Knowing that makes me wonder what are the other secret nerfs are you planning to introduce with with 5.2?
KotFE chapter 1 and chapter 2 CXP rewards will be cut heavily. I expect 2/3 cut, no less.

IanArgent
03.07.2017 , 09:56 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
That would be a World Boss Ian...Uprisings are inundated with trash mobs...that's over 3/4 of an Uprising tbh.
I just ran Battle of Rishi in Story Mode, with a stealth character; literally engaging no mobs but the ones around clicky bonus objectives and the bosses, and gratuitous use of rocket boosts (though no spacebar of the story - I was running it for the first time as an Imp and wanted to watch it); and it still took longer than the last Uprising I ran through; which happened to be Done And Dusted. Admittedly, I was running that with my wife and our 2 comps, so there was less group friction and easier coordination; but that's not exactly one of the shortest Uprisings, either; and we did the bonus boss.

(Note, I find Fractured to be a PITA with a PuG group that doesn't include (competent) healing; and it's VERY hard on the companion AI, so I don't like doing it through GF or paired with my wife; so they could nerf it to the ground and I wouldn't give a jawa's warranty about it)
You want the Things? Do some Work.
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Quraswren
03.07.2017 , 09:58 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
KotFE chapter 1 and chapter 2 CXP rewards will be cut heavily. I expect 2/3 cut, no less.
You can bet that anything effective in giving good CXP for less time is about to get the axe. CH 1 and 2 definitely on the chopping block.

I have no doubt they are watching what people are playing now and if it's effective CXP gains bw is about to nerf it.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Sargrith
03.07.2017 , 10:06 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
You can bet that anything effective in giving good CXP for less time is about to get the axe. CH 1 and 2 definitely on the chopping block.

I have no doubt they are watching what people are playing now and if it's effective CXP gains bw is about to nerf it.

Maybe they should cut the cxp stealth characters get....after all they are the ones most able to buzz through content and reap big rewards with little to no danger.

EricMusco
03.07.2017 , 10:21 AM | #57 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Let me look into 5.2 and see what other Mission reward changes are happening (buffs and/or nerfs). I will respond back in this thread once I have the info.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

IanArgent
03.07.2017 , 10:33 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
Wasn't complaining, just stating that they are not content meant to enrich the game. They are meant to be there to grind. People who spacebar through, skip "trash" and the like are grinding. They are not interested in the story or the envirement. That's fine that's their play style. But uprising only exist to support that play style they add nothing for any other play style. So calling then only grind bait seems fair as that is all they are.

I don't know what everyone asked for so I can't say. But uprising are all about the grind, cxp also tends to focus people only on the grind which to my play style is a shame.
Quite a lot of content outside of the solo story is "all about the grind," and it's plenty popular. I am constantly shocked by the amount of people who want a new reputation to grind, for example; or more open-world areas with daily missions.

The thing is, FPs, Ops? Those were all about the grind as well - to the extent that they had story (and I'll admit they had some) it was one-and-done. And by putting story in group-required content, they annoy both the "thou shalt spacebar" group players and the "solo forever" players. I do a little bit of everything, and I don't see the point of putting story in repeatable content (group OR solo). I'll watch it the first time through on a character in case there's something tuned to their species/class/story choices; but after that? That little cutscene at the beginning of KDY TFP isd fun, the first time through. After that? It's just a drag. One of the few things HSF got right - the story components of the Star Fortresses are played out during the chapters, or one very short cutscene when you accept the first mission. After that, it's on to the button mashing. (Compare to my perennial complaint about the SF - they're too big and have too much trash, especially in Heroic mode. Heroic mode should basically have been a mob scene on entry, a paladin fight, a mob scene as filler, a paladin fight, the Ephemeris Room as filler, and into the Inner Ring. Double up the Alliance Buffs in the paladin fights, or spread 2 of them to the fillers. As it is, you pointlessly retread the same encounters you did in regular mode in a transparent bid to waste your time)
You want the Things? Do some Work.
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

TUXs
03.07.2017 , 10:50 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Let me look into 5.2 and see what other Mission reward changes are happening (buffs and/or nerfs). I will respond back in this thread once I have the info.

-eric
Thank you Eric. I, and I assume most of us, appreciate you trying to get ahead of this.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Quraswren
03.07.2017 , 12:11 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
Thanks for the heads up if you get it done but sadly this tells me my theory from above is way more right than wrong.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sargrith View Post
Maybe they should cut the cxp stealth characters get....after all they are the ones most able to buzz through content and reap big rewards with little to no danger.
If bw truly is looking at risk vs reward (and after bws post above it seems they are going to adjust things come 5.2), you would think something woudl be done with stealth. It's a huge game changer when it comes to CXP grinds.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends