Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did you nerf Fractured Uprising CxP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did you nerf Fractured Uprising CxP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Krazhez
03.04.2017 , 01:43 PM | #31
Well ops grants seem to be based on the time they take and the ease, and boss count. One boss ops giving ~2800 cxp, most giving ~7200 and Tos completion giving ~8300. I bet it was an intentional nerf, missed in the patch notes. We'll see when they get back to us.

EricMusco
03.06.2017 , 03:23 PM | #32 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Thanks for the specific info on what changed. I am looking into what happened.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Bobzillaaa
03.06.2017 , 03:46 PM | #33
"forgot patch notes"

AscendingSky
03.06.2017 , 03:50 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobzillaaa View Post
"forgot patch notes"
Funny how whenever they "forget" to put something in patch notes, it's always a change or nerf that would garner a negative player response, isn't it?
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

EricMusco
03.06.2017 , 05:15 PM | #35 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Here is what happened. This change is intended, it just wasn't supposed to happen until 5.2. That is the reason it was missed in the patch notes.

In 5.1.2 we made a lot of adjustments to the rewards that come from Missions. Our goal was to rebalance these Missions to account for difficulty, number of players, and time spent. In 5.1.2, these were all buffs. We wanted to make these experiences better while the event was running.

As most people know, Fractured was far and away the best source of CXP for Uprisings. We did need to bring it in line with the other Uprisings for time spent to reward ratio. However, we were planning to do this after the event was over so that we didn't nerf any activities while it was running. Unfortunately the change got picked up early and went live in 5.1.2.

I will work on getting it added to patch notes and I apologize for it being missed. It is our goal that CXP gains are based on time, difficulty, and group size, with that in mind I will let you know of any future changes which are planned.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Exly
03.06.2017 , 05:23 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Here is what happened. This change is intended, it just wasn't supposed to happen until 5.2. That is the reason it was missed in the patch notes.

In 5.1.2 we made a lot of adjustments to the rewards that come from Missions. Our goal was to rebalance these Missions to account for difficulty, number of players, and time spent. In 5.1.2, these were all buffs. We wanted to make these experiences better while the event was running.

As most people know, Fractured was far and away the best source of CXP for Uprisings. We did need to bring it in line with the other Uprisings for time spent to reward ratio. However, we were planning to do this after the event was over so that we didn't nerf any activities while it was running. Unfortunately the change got picked up early and went live in 5.1.2.

I will work on getting it added to patch notes and I apologize for it being missed. It is our goal that CXP gains are based on time, difficulty, and group size, with that in mind I will let you know of any future changes which are planned.

-eric
So you wanted to keep the fact that you were planning on nerfing the rewards for this uprising a while longer, but you accidentally nerfed it sooner than you intended too.

Knowing that makes me wonder what are the other secret nerfs are you planning to introduce with with 5.2?

IanArgent
03.06.2017 , 05:33 PM | #37
IF it's far and away the fastest uprising to run, then it's appropriate to adjust the CXP payout to reflect that. CXP returns (like most other rewards) ought to be scaled to time taken to play through.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

mike_carton
03.06.2017 , 06:16 PM | #38
Hey folks,
...I will let you know of any future changes which are planned.
-eric
Why should we trust you?

This is not the first time this has happened.

You wrote three posts about 5.2 last week; you didn't choose to mention - in those posts or in a separate post - that you were going to nerf Uprisings in 5.2.

Past data shows that you're not trustworthy; not you personally, but you as the face and voice of the organization.

Kyuuu
03.06.2017 , 06:44 PM | #39
Hey folks,

-eric
so you buff cxp in 5.1.2 base exp and your gonna nerf cxp it in 5.2... CXP as it is RIGHT NOW is only thing that makes this system bearable. I seriously hope the drops from crates changes FIX things which I doubt cause still gona be BASED off RNG, which is the whole problem with this system in first place...

I really hope 5.2 dont dig the hole you's made worse, you's putting gear drops back on all boss in ops is start. Sadly you's already ran off all the raids with 4+ months of this crap.

BTW uprisings and vet mode most of them are horrible tunned. some them pit up against mobs 6+ in endless waves, and in SM mode with no heals it ends with death, Some of the VET mods like destroyer of worlds terrible even with tank/heal/2 dps. Balance is not some BW understands cause they dont play the game on real servers with real people.

KingSwtor
03.06.2017 , 07:21 PM | #40
lol its sad this game hs come to people running the same instance over and over again for the best gear the game has to offer. I am completely okay with them nerfing it, it gets old spamming for large scale group content (operations) for hours and see groups form instantly for fractured farming.