Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So What Happened Saturday Night!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So What Happened Saturday Night!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icykill_
03.06.2017 , 01:03 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
And here I thought I was going crazy. I couldn't get logged into the forums, it kept coming up maintenance. I don't how many times I dumped my cache and cookies and all that, in trying to fix it. No one seemed to say anything about it, and I had checked Twitter, FB, even here, but not logged in.

I wondered what that was, thought it was just me lol.
Yeah I was actually in the middle of a big post too and when I hit submit it hung. So I instantly copy pasted into notes so I wouldn't lose it. I tried refreshing etc. I even used Ping Plotter to see if it was me. But returns from the servers were fine, so it wasn't that.
DDoS seemed to be the most logical answer for everything to go off line. Either that or the server hampster union got together and did a massive protest because they were being under utilised on some servers and they wanted redundancy because they were bored and getting fat. LoL
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

EvilNomad
03.06.2017 , 02:09 AM | #12
some of the website it still says maintenance when you click on it.

OwenBrooks
03.06.2017 , 02:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EvilNomad View Post
some of the website it still says maintenance when you click on it.
Press CRTL F5 to refresh

I actually heard Eric was throwing a going away party for Tait , someone had a few too many drinks and tripped over the login server power lead and tried singing into the plug

not sure how true this was but I also heard there are photos

Valceanu
03.06.2017 , 07:39 AM | #14
thats a rather intimate question OP... besides, my wife doesnt appreciate it when i share... lol
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

lobstah_rofls
03.06.2017 , 08:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by americanaussie View Post
It was a DDoS attack.
I haven't seen that confirmed by anyone official.

I think people just assumed that from one of the error messages saying something about high traffic, but that could have just been a generic error message for the website being down.

Fleurdelis
03.06.2017 , 01:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post

I actually heard Eric was throwing a going away party for Tait , someone had a few too many drinks and tripped over the login server power lead and tried singing into the plug

With this Dev Team and Community Managers I can actually see this happening.

Lunafox
03.06.2017 , 03:30 PM | #17
Press CRTL F5 to refresh

Now this I believe. I want to see a reenactment on Twitch.

EricMusco
03.06.2017 , 04:59 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Good question. On Saturday night we had a hardware failure and the redundancy that was supposed to kick in, didn't. This caused our login service to become unavailable which stopped many players from getting into the game and unable to access the website. Players who were already in-game were not impacted.

The website being down during this time is why you didn't see any communication on the forums, it was only on social media.

Thank you again for your patience as we worked through the issue this weekend!

-eric

PS... Also this...
Press CRTL F5 to refresh

Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JattaGin
03.06.2017 , 05:12 PM | #19
Any chance to see some of these photos?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Belegnole
03.06.2017 , 07:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Any chance to see some of these photos?
It would only show them trying to delete and hide as many negative threads in the forums as they could. They seem to have spent their "down time" removing a majority of the threads that were critical of 5.0 in particular.
no matter where you go, there you are