Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes to Operation Drops in 5.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Changes to Operation Drops in 5.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

leehambly
03.03.2017 , 09:28 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
I wonder how T1 set gear drops will be managed now. My hope is on a guaranteed drop from GC T1 crates.
So unnecessary and would flood players with gear... to top and tail the whole system with guaranteed set pieces, well... after, what is it... 20-30 odd crates at tier 1 and 4 you will be done for the set pieces.. ok maybe not bis, but certainly set bonuses - remember you only need 6 of each spec, if you play dual specs.

SupaHsuB
03.03.2017 , 09:29 AM | #12
Is Tier 4 246 for purple and 248 for Gold?
FreakyD Sun'nuvvah Rackett
GM of <It's Lit> Harbinger // Founding Officer of <ZORZ>

R.I.P in Pepperoni Progression Raiding

Jerba
03.03.2017 , 09:31 AM | #13
Thanks for the heads-up! That allows us to plan raid schedules ahead of time.

But what about PvP? I'm not a PvP player but I know this will cause issues in PvP. Ever since you have merged PvE and PvP gear, there's been this issue that PvP players can get gear more easily than PvE players. Now it appears that T4 is only available from Tier 4 Command Crates and from Master Mode Operations and VM Tyth, is that correct? Or is it still possible to upgrade gear to T4 via the unassembled components? And how will you handle balance in RWZ when operations players have better gear than PvP players (who may not even be at rank 300 yet)?
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Quraswren
03.03.2017 , 09:33 AM | #14
Whats the chance of getting Unassembled Components in more places than just PVP/GSF?

It doesn't have to be OPS as that is where specific gear comes from but even if adding a few to dailies or weekly missions allowing and playing off the "do any content" for gear. This would at a slower pace, allow those that do GC specifically for gear to upgrade pieces they do get but slower.

Allowing multiple avenues for every gamer the option to eventually upgrade gear they do happen to get. Be it from PVP, group PVE or solo PVE or CXP GC crates.

Given PVP/GSF are not something everyone cares for (just like OPS), It would be an incentive to many to continue to do dailies and continue to hit daily areas well after maxing rep or finding only the best CXP avenues for their time which is a issue. (fractured and chapter 1 & 2 spamming). A reason to hit the other less desirable content that might give less CXP but now gives 2 or so Unassembled Components.

Get more back into those areas.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Eli_Porter
03.03.2017 , 09:38 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by leehambly View Post
So unnecessary and would flood players with gear... to top and tail the whole system with guaranteed set pieces, well... after, what is it... 20-30 odd crates at tier 1 and 4 you will be done for the set pieces.. ok maybe not bis, but certainly set bonuses - remember you only need 6 of each spec, if you play dual specs.
I don't mean 1 set piece every crate, just making it guaranteed to get a T1 6-piece set by the time you're GC 90 at the very least.

EricMusco
03.03.2017 , 09:39 AM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Thanks for the heads-up! That allows us to plan raid schedules ahead of time.

But what about PvP? I'm not a PvP player but I know this will cause issues in PvP. Ever since you have merged PvE and PvP gear, there's been this issue that PvP players can get gear more easily than PvE players. Now it appears that T4 is only available from Tier 4 Command Crates and from Master Mode Operations and VM Tyth, is that correct? Or is it still possible to upgrade gear to T4 via the unassembled components?
Good question! PvP players will be able to buy Tier 2 pieces outright, without upgrading from Tier 1. This largely leaves their progression untouched from today as they can buy gear, and upgrade it twice, they just start 1 Tier higher than before.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jerba
03.03.2017 , 09:48 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question! PvP players will be able to buy Tier 2 pieces outright, without upgrading from Tier 1. This largely leaves their progression untouched from today as they can buy gear, and upgrade it twice, they just start 1 Tier higher than before.

-eric
Thanks for the quick reply. Time to store up Unassembled Components now so I can trade in a couple T4 pieces on 5.2 launch day.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Darevsool
03.03.2017 , 09:50 AM | #18
I like these changes and it's good to see gearing via ops put back in place.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

AjentWashington
03.03.2017 , 09:51 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
So will the rates for piece be piece be the same as it is or is the new gear going to be more expensive? I.e. Will upgrading a 242 piece to 248 in 5.2 cost the same as upgrading a 236 piece to 242 now or will it be different?
Veldix | Veldimerc | Veldoodle
26/26 NiM 5.0
<Mythic> | <Failure>

BenKatarn
03.03.2017 , 09:52 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Whats the chance of getting Unassembled Components in more places than just PVP/GSF?
Some Unassembled Components from general PVE would be nice. Dailies for instance, since they are kind of outdated now because of Heroics, or like a small number of components for completing the big Heroic quests (complete 4/4 Coruscant Heroics etc). Yet amusingly enough, this would be just a retread of the good old commendation system.

But hey, commendations were never a problem in my book.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech