Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Questions Regarding Tier 4 and Changes In GC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Questions Regarding Tier 4 and Changes In GC
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ottoattack
02.27.2017 , 08:15 PM | #1
I will start this thread by saying I did not post in the announcement thread because this is not an opinion thread, but list of questions thread regarding the announcement. I did not want things to get derailed in good/bad/ugly format.

To highlight from the announcement thread:

Hold tight! We know that you have a lot of questions about why we are doing a new Tier and more Command Ranks. We have forum posts coming this week with a detailed breakdown of all that is coming and changing in 5.2.

Here is a list of questions that I have and others are welcome to add:

PvE:
  • With the change in tiers, are the operations difficulties going to change? Currently SM is be level 50, veteran is 230 and master is 236. Are these going to change to compensate for new tier of gear? Clearly doing master in mix of 248-246 will make them much easier.
  • If difficulty moves will gear drops move with it?
  • Same question for veteran uprisings and FPs. Requirement is 230 (maybe 228 I am not certain). Is that going to change?

PvP:
  • Since we have a new tier of gear is the bolster going to be moving up?
  • With the new tier, is tier 1 being removed from shops and tier 2 (236) becomes first tier you buy with UC? Or, there is going to be a forth tier of PvP gear?
  • If there is a forth tier, what will the UC costs be?

Crafting:
  • Are we going to have a new tier of craftable gear (246)?
  • If so, is going to require a new tier of crafting mats?

I wont get into changes in GC much, however as much info you can provide that will be greatly appreciated.

One last remark, the more info you guys provide about the changes in the currencies and systems the better. No one wants to be surprised the day before 5.2 that their mats or the currencies they accumulated are worthless, or if they spent them, that they are becoming much more valuable.

mike_carton
03.01.2017 , 04:09 PM | #2
Good questions. In the new-found spirit of communication, I hope they answer them sooner rather than later.

Kurj
03.01.2017 , 04:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Good questions. In the new-found spirit of communication, I hope they answer them sooner rather than later.
Agreed, excellent questions. I would like to hear some answers too.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Andryah
03.01.2017 , 04:38 PM | #4
Reasonable questions, and deserving of an answer.

On the crafting part.. I have never seen them add a new tier of materials mid-expac (except in 4.0 when they delayed the actual 4.0 crafting update for several months, which was more of a complete rework of the material tiers top to bottom), so I doubt that will happen. No reason for it. The tier items, or recipes that drop that are essentially similar.... all require exotic materials in addition to the current tier 10 green/blue/purple materials in 5.0.

They might add a new exotic material.. but I doubt even that will happen as 1) they usually do not do that and 2) that requires them going back in and modifying the itemizations for drops for exotic materials. Why? Because the long road for crafting tier 4s ----> will be gaining them and then reverse engineering them.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

EricMusco
03.01.2017 , 04:49 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
All great questions! I will make sure they are either answered in the posts themselves, or shortly after in response. If I miss any just let me know.

As a reminder, the goal is to have the posts up by end of week! Keep the questions coming in the interim.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Danery
03.01.2017 , 05:01 PM | #6
One question I have, and I do not mean this in a negative way but I just want to know what the reasoning is for adding a whole new tier of gear so soon after the expansion, especially when the vast majority of players probably do not even have a full set of 236 gear, let alone 242 gear. Seems like an odd choice to make, especially when it seems like we were promised they were going to make improvements to the system and instead are just lumping on another 100 levels without really explaining how they are going to fix it. To me it would make way more sense to fix the system first, ensure that its working correctly, and then consider adding more levels. I also really do not see what the point of the new tier is when we are only getting 1 new boss and a daily area. It could very easily have been tuned to the current tiers we have, it just seems like pointless addition to increase grind.
This is my Refer a Friend Link Here is what you get

Kurj
03.01.2017 , 05:07 PM | #7
Another question: Why does the 2nd PVP daily not award UCs? This makes a huge difference in the time-frame to acquire gear. Tier 1 goes from 3 weeks to 5 weeks. Tier 2 goes from 5 weeks to 8 weeks. Tier 3 goes from 8 weeks to over 11 weeks. Total time with the 2nd daily award: 4 months. Total time without the 2nd daily award: 6 months. When you are releasing a new tier of gear in 5 months, that is a huge difference.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

mike_carton
03.01.2017 , 05:39 PM | #8
Sorry for throwing in an unrelated request.

Is it possible to add the Operations terminal to the "Combat Area" of the fleet? It is a kind of hub for level 70 characters, especially those working on their end game gear. Players use the existing Heroic, Uprising, Priority Mission and PvP terminals and dropboxes in between and in furtherance of their gear hunting activities. It'd be convenient to also have the Operations terminal here in addition to (or instead of) the Supplies section.

Rion_Starkiller
03.01.2017 , 06:13 PM | #9
How can there be SM, Vet, and Master for Operations when EV, KP, Ravagers, and ToS do not come any more, or never came, in NiM?

How does the 3-difficulty settings work for these 4 operations?
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Deewe
03.01.2017 , 07:33 PM | #10
As we are in a feature thread my questions would be:
  • When will Tier 5 lands
  • What's the XP stepping vs Tier 4
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle