Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Command - Tier 4 and More

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Command - Tier 4 and More
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.27.2017 , 12:16 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

As many of you saw from our social media post over the weekend, we are going to be adding Tier 4 gear and another 100 Command Ranks to Galactic Command in Game Update 5.2. I wanted to let you know that there is quite a bit more to it than just another Tier! Here are some other notes:
  • Tier 4 Command Crates are going to work a bit differently than Tier 1-3. You will much more consistently get set bonus gear in this Tier.
  • We are making adjustments to Tier 1-3 as well to make that leveling/gearing experience better. We want to make sure it feels rewarding to get higher in Command Rank/Tier.
  • There are other gearing related changes coming based on your feedback such as adjustments to boss drops in Operations.
Hold tight! We know that you have a lot of questions about why we are doing a new Tier and more Command Ranks. We have forum posts coming this week with a detailed breakdown of all that is coming and changing in 5.2.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kurj
02.27.2017 , 12:19 PM | #2
Thank you for the heads up. Looking forward to the additional info.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

AronisContar
02.27.2017 , 12:21 PM | #3
...you guys need to seriously work on your communication.

Just throwing out a "Oh hai! More grind!" twitter post on a Sunday without any further information is not the way to do it, especially not when considering how touchy the Galactic Command topic continues to be.

Strive to offer solid information your players first, then bait the rest of the world.

Ciao, Aronis!

Qwurdilu
02.27.2017 , 12:22 PM | #4
Good to hear you adress some concerns eric. As someone who likes galactic command because it brings back incentives to the game, i just wonder why you dont answer all the hate with stastics. According to leaderboards, ranked games are in a much better place than theyve been before due to the incentives provided by galactic command

masterceil
02.27.2017 , 12:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
There are other gearing related changes coming based on your feedback such as adjustments to boss drops in Operations
-eric
I never log in from work (because one-time password annoys me), but I felt compelled to log in today to say thanks for this. I'll hold off on gushing over this change until I know more, but at least it's on your mind. Pretty frustrating trying to hold a regular raid group together when only 2-4 people ever get anything each week...
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

TUXs
02.27.2017 , 12:23 PM | #6
What's the purpose of 100 more levels with absolutely no new content?

You've taken something players very universally hate, and added MORE to it? Come on Eric...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

BelenUmeria
02.27.2017 , 12:24 PM | #7
I'm done. There is no reason to continue my sub.

fushnchips
02.27.2017 , 12:25 PM | #8
Great this is what I thought would happen and is good news but hopefully a few other changes will come for drops in raids as in vet/master only
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

mike_carton
02.27.2017 , 12:31 PM | #9
This is reassuring on the face of it. But, based on past experience, I'll hold my hopes in check until I see it on production servers.

On a related note, I'm wondering about the conversion costs between Tier 3 and Tier 4 equipment in terms of unassembled components. Tier 2 to Tier 3 is already approximately 3,000 components (where as the limit on storage is an unnecessarily paltry 1,000.)

gabigool
02.27.2017 , 12:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As many of you saw from our social media post over the weekend, we are going to be adding Tier 4 gear and another 100 Command Ranks to Galactic Command in Game Update 5.2. I wanted to let you know that there is quite a bit more to it than just another Tier! Here are some other notes:
  • Tier 4 Command Crates are going to work a bit differently than Tier 1-3. You will much more consistently get set bonus gear in this Tier.
  • We are making adjustments to Tier 1-3 as well to make that leveling/gearing experience better. We want to make sure it feels rewarding to get higher in Command Rank/Tier.
  • There are other gearing related changes coming based on your feedback such as adjustments to boss drops in Operations.
Hold tight! We know that you have a lot of questions about why we are doing a new Tier and more Command Ranks. We have forum posts coming this week with a detailed breakdown of all that is coming and changing in 5.2.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Too little, too late.
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we haven’t yet announced.... ...and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.... ...we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team can’t wait to announce it.