Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

TcThief The Death of SWTOR Live Stream Talk

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
TcThief The Death of SWTOR Live Stream Talk

ZETA_SCORPII's Avatar


ZETA_SCORPII
01.16.2017 , 07:31 PM | #111
I have about 10,000 U.S. dollars invested in this game and I can't bare to login anymore. I want to continue playing, but there is no reason to. There is no reason to continue playing if you are a veteran player who's done almost everything there is to do. In 2013 we had NiM raids to look forward to, something to progress towards. Now this game is a single player game in a MMO environment.

The devs HAVE to put out ENDGAME content. REAL endgame content. If they do, many of us will be back. If not, then enjoy paying $180 a year (full price obviously) for a single player game.

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
01.16.2017 , 08:03 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
In 2013 we had NiM raids to look forward to, something to progress towards. Now this game is a single player game in a MMO environment.

The devs HAVE to put out ENDGAME content. REAL endgame content. If they do, many of us will be back. If not, then enjoy paying $180 a year (full price obviously) for a single player game.
That's what plenty of players have been doing all along, though. Subscribing without ever setting foot in raids. That's probably why they moved away from making them.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Talon_strikes's Avatar


Talon_strikes
01.16.2017 , 08:15 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
I have about 10,000 U.S. dollars invested in this game and I can't bare to login anymore. I want to continue playing, but there is no reason to. There is no reason to continue playing if you are a veteran player who's done almost everything there is to do. In 2013 we had NiM raids to look forward to, something to progress towards. Now this game is a single player game in a MMO environment.

The devs HAVE to put out ENDGAME content. REAL endgame content. If they do, many of us will be back. If not, then enjoy paying $180 a year (full price obviously) for a single player game.
So the Lotion man was right after all eh?
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
01.16.2017 , 08:32 PM | #114
There are things that have been done, since the implementation of GSF that I feel have hurt SWTOR overall. I am not sure I would contend it was a accumulative killing blow, but the following things, IMO mind you, did not help...

These items are not necessarily in order.

1) GSF being PVP only.
2) Strongholds with hooks.
3) Level sync level range too narrow.
4) FAR too many class changes too close together.
5) Lack of the ability to play with others in KotFE.
6) Forced encounters in KotFE.
7) Far too many crafting changes too close together (though the trade ins for level 9 mats helped).
8) Far too many lockboxes, and focus on the same.


And some rather strong deterrents to growth IMO....

1) Lack of vigilance when it came to certain exploits.
2) The CSM debacle.
3) The Companion buff/nerf/buff incident.
4) Implementation of the GC system in it's current state, despite strong feedback from testers/community
5) Allowing massive inflation in the following ways...
....a. failing to nerf group bonus credits for far too long.
....b. lack of desirable items that cost credits.
....c. FAR too many items released on the Cartel Market that are rare and can be sold on the GTN.
6) A F2P/Preferred system that continues to be one of the worst in the industry.


...add to this list the absolute lack of new repeatable hardcore content for almost 2 years and you have a situation that certainly DOES NOT HELP with retention and player level growth.

At the very least these things blunted the expansions impact on the game population levels IMO. They most certainly did not draw in the kind of player levels that I feel they should have considering the high quality of the cinematics, gameplay and storyline.

My main problem with this game is that it is too easy to walk away from it for extended periods of time. I can not say the same for other games on the market.

The game lacks addictive casual activities. Crafting is in constant flux, character abilities change far too often, Strongholds limit decoration time and invention by design, gathering is no longer a viable game activity, and dailies continue to present an experience that lacks in uniformity.

The ability to customize ones appearance rather extensively certainly helps, but as one of the few obsessive casual activities to engage in, it reaches a point where there is no longer reason to obsess over it.

If you can't keep casuals engaged, you have to at least hold hardcores, but this game has always struggled to do so.

Unfortunately I do not expect this to change any time soon. IMO the game's management needs a fresh infusion of new talent, one that will concentrate on both hardcore content AND obsessive content for casual players.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
01.17.2017 , 02:14 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by ZETA_SCORPII View Post
I have about 10,000 U.S. dollars invested in this game and I can't bare to login anymore. I want to continue playing, but there is no reason to. There is no reason to continue playing if you are a veteran player who's done almost everything there is to do. In 2013 we had NiM raids to look forward to, something to progress towards. Now this game is a single player game in a MMO environment.

The devs HAVE to put out ENDGAME content. REAL endgame content. If they do, many of us will be back. If not, then enjoy paying $180 a year (full price obviously) for a single player game.
Yup im around that sum too, I will see how it will go on next week, still not many ppl left in the game anyway.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

MaximumOwnage's Avatar


MaximumOwnage
02.23.2017 , 02:19 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by MadCuzBad View Post
https://www.twitch.tv/tcthief/v/110680491

This was live earlier today. Start the stream at about 1:44 into it is when they pretty much begin. I hope bioware was tuning in when this went live.
Has there been an update on this stream or does it stand?

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
02.23.2017 , 03:36 PM | #117
I think the most important thing they said in this twitch chat was that the devs can't get rid of GC because it's the only new content that requires a sub. The other reason to be subbed is Operations.... and we still don't have any new ones.
-Beruhl / Pewgilist
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

Totemdancer's Avatar


Totemdancer
02.23.2017 , 03:42 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I think the most important thing they said in this twitch chat was that the devs can't get rid of GC because it's the only new content that requires a sub. The other reason to be subbed is Operations.... and we still don't have any new ones.
I'd continue to sub if they got rid of GC, but if they keep it I'm more likely to unsub. I guess they can't win either way. Maybe they should have spent their time and money on new content, not a new gearing system

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
02.23.2017 , 04:09 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
I'd continue to sub if they got rid of GC, but if they keep it I'm more likely to unsub. I guess they can't win either way. Maybe they should have spent their time and money on new content, not a new gearing system
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
-Beruhl / Pewgilist
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

jimmorrisson's Avatar


jimmorrisson
02.23.2017 , 06:17 PM | #120
I do not like spending time and money on packs.
I do not like spending time and money on packs to play game.