Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romance Allowed for the jedi classes?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Romance Allowed for the jedi classes?

RevanKnight
12.13.2011 , 03:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vicente View Post
You get Dark Side points as a Jedi because if you peruse the romances, you specifically say, "Well, the council is wrong, let's do it anyway" (paraphrasing).
The council IS wrong.

MistyAhsoka
12.13.2011 , 04:21 PM | #12
I would hate to get Dark Side points for pursuing a Romantic relationship as a Jedi.

Arccion
12.13.2011 , 04:59 PM | #13
It takes Dark Side points because falling in love is specifically against the jedi code.

"There is no emotion, there is peace"

That is not to say jedi are without emotion, it's just to say that they try not to let emotion guide their decisions and actions, and the jedi council (at the time of the old republic) understands that falling in love is a huge emotional attachment that can lead to all kinds of emotional breakdowns therefore increasing the lure of the dark side.
DPS we deliver!

Xycrion
12.13.2011 , 05:00 PM | #14
I can haz Jedi on droid love?

CadeAssant
12.13.2011 , 05:02 PM | #15
I love that the current Grand Master of the Jedi was born of a Jedi Union and is descendant from Bastila and Revan, and yet Jedi love is DS? lol
"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you." ―Jolee Bindo

ReiperX
12.13.2011 , 06:18 PM | #16
It doesn't matter in the end. Taking a few dark side hits here and there won't change your alignment at all as long as you mostly follow the code.
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

Naerys
12.13.2011 , 06:18 PM | #17
Come to the Dark Side. We have sex.

Westphal
12.13.2011 , 06:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CadeAssant View Post
I love that the current Grand Master of the Jedi was born of a Jedi Union and is descendant from Bastila and Revan, and yet Jedi love is DS? lol
Then you are probably going to like this one even more, she also has a son

On Topic: I think it is a lot about semantics really, you can make valid points for both sides of the argument.

At the end of the day though, I think it comes down to game mechanics (if indeed this is the way it is implemented in game).
It makes sense to give a Dark side points to a Sith for pursuing a romance since they are "giving" in to passion. I don't think many people would argue otherwise or I am wrong?
Thus in extention (since the main conflict of the game is basically Sith versus Jedi) it makes sense to award Dark and Light side points on the same criteria for the force wielding classes on both sides of the fence. If you follow my meaning.

Personally I am fine either way. Especially since I am going to role a Bounty Hunter

Laylyn
12.13.2011 , 06:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RevanKnight View Post
So, I heard bioware was considering getting rid of the dark side points for jedi romance responses. Did they?

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

Nope, no passion for you. You do get serenity however. I guess that's good.
Build a man a fire and you warm him for a night. Set a man on fire and you warm him for a lifetime...
Laylyn of HAUNT www.ghost-pa.com
Belgoth's Beacon's Community Forums
http://www.belgothsbeacon.com/forum/index.php

Jay_focus_Zal
12.13.2011 , 06:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Laylyn View Post
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

Nope, no passion for you. You do get serenity however. I guess that's good.
well i guees i'm not a jedi or a sith ^^ I'M The New Chosen One who uses both sides

The Chosen One

An ancient prophecy foretold the appearance of a chosen one imbued with a high concentration of midi-chlorians, strong with the Force, and destined to alter it forever. Anakin Skywalker was believed by many to be the chosen one. He had the highest concentration of midi-chlorians the Jedi Council had ever seen. He was possibly conceived by the midi-chlorians (parthenogenesis)
(████████████████]∏▒╣█ΞΞΞ█ █ΞΞΞ█╣▒∏[████████████████)