What's going to happen with CG when 5.2 hits?

Screaming_Ziva

I was able to level about 40 command levels this weekend (got a whole one set piece for my time) and, personally, I thought that the speed I was gaining levels was just about perfect (and I was using the CM boosts). I know they say they are still working on the CG drops so I'm going to leave that part out of this.

However, what is going to happen when 5.2 hits? Currently, the patch notes say that 250% boost is only going to last until 5.2. Are we going to completely loose this boost and go back to grinding 1 crate every 1.5 - 2 hours? The current 250% boost needs to become the permanent rate of CXP gains.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how it will work in 5.2, I hit level 70 questing on Tatooine and got 70cxp per mission turn in.

It all depends on how Bioware define the time between ranks, they originally said 1 a hour (I think) but what activity are they considering players are doing? is that a hour of questing, playing warzones? operations or is it only by farming the specific GC activities listed?

However, what is going to happen when 5.2 hits? Currently, the patch notes say that 250% boost is only going to last until 5.2. Are we going to completely loose this boost and go back to grinding 1 crate every 1.5 - 2 hours? The current 250% boost needs to become the permanent rate of CXP gains.

As far as I understand it they plan to rework the finer grained awards granted by the various activities. We know that ground PvP and the various instanced PvE modes (Ops, Flashpoints and Uprisings) are going to get a significant boost in 5.1.2. Absent any other information if you don't do any of those you're pretty much boned.

Unassembled Components are the only functional part of Galactic Command. The rest is an unmitigated disaster that needs to be scrapped. Instead of CXP they need to award UC's directly. No more RNG. No more tortured tweaks that are ultimately ineffective in making this naive system palatable.

They said they plan to increase the rewards to compensate. And while you lose the +250%, you keep the +100% for T1-T2. So let's say they buff the base rewards by 50%, those get multiplied by 200% for T1-T2. So instead of the 450% you have now it'd be 300%, which is just 2/3rd as much.

I suggest using this time to get T3 on a DPS and Tank character so you get easy access to all 240 mods, and gathering 240 schematics/mods for your future alts.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I have no idea how it will work in 5.2, I hit level 70 questing on Tatooine and got 70cxp per mission turn in.

It all depends on how Bioware define the time between ranks, they originally said 1 a hour (I think) but what activity are they considering players are doing? is that a hour of questing, playing warzones? operations or is it only by farming the specific GC activities listed?

It takes more than an hour for me with boosts with warzones (Arenas do pop up as well as if you're on Republic side, sucks to be you) so this worries me as well. It's not like a crate every half hour makes it any less RNG. One character to grind 300 ranks would still be 150 hours at a 30 minute interval.

The RNG is still there but there's not the insane sense of 'I spent forever chasing this next crate and all I got was garbage'. So I too advocate this become the normal rate for the Command Crates.

• Dev Post
I was able to level about 40 command levels this weekend (got a whole one set piece for my time) and, personally, I thought that the speed I was gaining levels was just about perfect (and I was using the CM boosts). I know they say they are still working on the CG drops so I'm going to leave that part out of this.

Good question! In short, when the event ends in 5.2 we are going to also readjust the CXP rates at the same time. The intent is to buff CXP above what it was prior to the event. How high we buff it remains to be seen, but our intent is definitely that you get a crate faster than you did before 5.1.1. Once we get closer to 5.2 I should have more details on what CXP gains will look like.

-eric

Good question! In short, when the event ends in 5.2 we are going to also readjust the CXP rates at the same time. The intent is to buff CXP above what it was prior to the event. How high we buff it remains to be seen, but our intent is definitely that you get a crate faster than you did before 5.1.1. Once we get closer to 5.2 I should have more details on what CXP gains will look like.

-eric

But the larger question is are you going to bump the cap from 300 to something higher and essentially force everyone back to square 1?

Since we have a CXP boost and a ops coming out it can only mean one thing: New tiers of gear, increase in max GC rank!

I think I just threw up a little.

-eric

Thanks, Eric for chiming in and buffing it high enough to match this event. XP was changed so that you didn't need to grind every tiny thing and it's said that it's better than 12x XP. The same should be true for CXP, especially for such an alt heavy game. Could you also consider making set piece gear bind-on-legacy? I have a Sentinel mirror of my Mara main and I'd love to send doubles from my Mara to her.

-eric

Thanks Eric! While it's important to increase the rewards, I hope you take this opportunity to balance them out. While running chapters got me T3 in a few days, it got kind of dull.

Also, the drop and CXP rates in Operations could use a buff as well in order to compete with crates and PvP, and to remain an alternative gearing avenue to GC. Right now, it's way easier (and less fun) for an Operations group to just level up to T3 instead of getting their 240 gear from Operations themselves. For CXP in Operations to compete with CXP from Chapters, it'd require a massive buff.

-eric

Eric,

Why are you guys putting the 228 Green mods and gear in the crates when it is the same as the purple 228s. Either you need to change those to purple, start with 230's, or make the crafted purple 228 better than the green. The green and the purple should not be the same.

Well if the XP bonuses are any indication, they will probably end up baking in the CXP bonus as a permanent feature and then find some other way to make people grind at end game to force sub numbers up.

Should have done this in the first place - changing systems already in games is never a good idea.

It's always better to ADD something new, then to change something already in existence.

I'd personally love to see something like Everquests AA ( Alternative Advancement ) points. Where you are always working towards *something* for your characters. However they should only ever affect PVE not PVP because it could totally throw out the PVP.

What AA's are is like this - they are points granted through experience ( kinda like the current CXP only each level is 1 point ). The points are then spent on something like legacy but different because these are things that directly boost your character.

Say for example in Tier 1 of the points you get things like 1 point of in combat health regen per point for a total of 3 points. Each point costs something like 2 AA - 4 AA - 6 AA. 1 point of (insert each stat you find on gear here, crit, alacrity, stam etc ) for a total of 5 points - 1 AA, 2 AA, 3 AA, 4 AA 5 AA and so on.. anyways you get the idea...

Then to move on to Tier 2 you have to of spent x number of points in T1.

t2 is more things like enhancement to existing abilities - more damage on certain abilities, lower cool down rates.. whatever.. stuff that makes current abilities stronger.

t3 is more new skills. A heal that refreshes every x amount of time, maybe 15 to 20 mins but a significant heal. An XP boost that lasts for 30 mins and refreshes once per day. A new buff or an increase to current buffs. Things that help singles or groups ( so like the heal might actually be a group heal that only healers get, DPS might get a larger damage AoE that refreshes every 15 mins and so on ).

They wanna add a grind - they need a new system to the game, don't turn a previous system into an abnoxious grind.

Instead of increasing level caps in future expansions, expand on the AA's and let the XP from the expansion help work towards them and so forth.

Just a thought or an example at least of adding something NEW instead of changing existing. I don't mean the game needs this exactly, this is just an example of how another game added more things for experience to work towards character advancement.

Could you also consider making set piece gear bind-on-legacy? I have a Sentinel mirror of my Mara main and I'd love to send doubles from my Mara to her.

Just pop the mods into legacy armor. You can get some cheap ones from the Adaptive Gear vendor in the Supplies section on fleet (next to the level 10 mods vendor).

What would be helpful would be to make legacy shells for ears and implants that take an enhancement and make relics legacy bound.

Just pop the mods into legacy armor. You can get some cheap ones from the Adaptive Gear vendor in the Supplies section on fleet (next to the level 10 mods vendor).

What would be helpful would be to make legacy shells for ears and implants that take an enhancement and make relics legacy bound.

Or you can get some and get credits on top of it from the Alliance Crates... It may not match, but a couple planets worth of crates should get you one for each slot...

-eric

Just in time for that 5.2 new gear tiers...

Well despite raising the crate drop rate by increasing the CXP leveling speed it is still all junk. I took a character with no old set bonus as I really didnt play much in 4.0, and I have been tracking every crate opened. 38 in I've disintegrate pretty much everything. That is neither exciting, thrilling or fun.

Crates with: Unique Rakata Grenade, MK-1 Adept Device, Pyroclastic Subberoth. Wow that is thrilling!!! This is the problem essentially all of the T1 gear is useless minus the set bonus making it such a crappy experience doesnt encourage people to keep playing.

Maybe BW doesnt really see how crappy the contents are in the crates. What I've considered a win is if I get a disintegrate value over 500.

But the larger question is are you going to bump the cap from 300 to something higher and essentially force everyone back to square 1?

That is exactly what I expect to happen.

Push everyone through the lower tiers that everyone hates because of how worthless they are given the time you put in but then turn around ad add in another 2-3 tiers past 300.

What a cluster that would be. Basically resetting the grind and now you have to do it again going from 300-600 with a slightly increased pace than what you did for the first 300 levels.

While still dealing the the terrible RNG and doing the same content.

What a cluster that would be. Basically resetting the grind and now you have to do it again going from 300-600 with a slightly increased pace than what you did for the first 300 levels.

And that's for people that bothered. The 300 level grind is demoralizing enough, a fresh 70 is going to be faced with what? 500? 600? 900?

I'm floored that these so-called gaming professionals haven't yet gone "ruh-roh Raggy"

-eric

I have to say I like the rates where they are now...

Case in point, I started leveling my old tank. It's so painfully slow in all honesty during off time (i.e. NOT doing raids) to level up the GC levels, even with these changes... I went this weekend from level 65 to GC level 27.... Not 1 set piece AND I think I got 2 green pieces and 1 blue piece that was use able (to say RNG hates me would be the understatement of the year). Luckily I still had a full set of PvP gear on that character, or I would not even be able to much of anything.... Using better geared DPS classes to send boxes has been a godsend, but if lower rates are instituted, and the RNG is left as is, this is really REALLY gonna suck.