Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to Turn OFF XP boost

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

grania
02.10.2017 , 11:27 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Ok so I can confirm that in 5.1.2 on 2/28 we will be reintroducing the vendor which sells the White Acute Module. It will work slightly different than last time in that instead of only suppressing bonus story XP, it will suppress all XP earned up to 2.5x (to cancel out the event bonus). Also, we are working to "bake it into the event" so that in the future anytime we run a bonus to XP, the vendor and module will be available as an option for those who don't want the bonus XP.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Fab, thank you
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--

Jaberwokker
02.10.2017 , 11:29 AM | #142
Ok so I can confirm that in 5.1.2 on 2/28 we will be reintroducing the vendor which sells the White Acute Module. It will work slightly different than last time in that instead of only suppressing bonus story XP, it will suppress all XP earned up to 2.5x (to cancel out the event bonus). Also, we are working to "bake it into the event" so that in the future anytime we run a bonus to XP, the vendor and module will be available as an option for those who don't want the bonus XP.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Well praise be to the heavens its a miracle someone actually listened..... Well done Eric Sir You have just made at least my day...

jojobanutz
02.10.2017 , 11:31 AM | #143

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Hi Eric,
This is great news, thanks very much!

One important point though. please can you try to make the Acute Module NOT require an active subscription? (it did last time). That is, make it available to F2P and Pref players? Throw them a bone why don't you?

Also, a supplementary request. Please give us a slider or checkbox that allows us to reduce our normal Xp gain by eg 25% / 50% / 75% or similar.

All the best.
New or returning Player? Click my referral link for some goodies:
http://www.swtor.com/r/2j5Scb

Referrals explained: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Battilea
02.10.2017 , 12:22 PM | #144

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Good to hear, but it would be nice if this was a UI option instead, like it is in most games. The idea that you have to pay to get rid of a bonus just seems sort of wrong, you know And also if there was a way to reduce xp gained (at leas tin story mode) for those that want to not out-level planets like crazy.

Damask_Rose
02.10.2017 , 01:06 PM | #145

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Thank you
Still waiting for Quinn's "meaningful" reunion!

Jagaimee
02.10.2017 , 01:18 PM | #146

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Yay! Thank you, Eric! Great news.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

EricMusco
02.10.2017 , 01:26 PM | #147 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by jojobanutz View Post
Hi Eric,
This is great news, thanks very much!

One important point though. please can you try to make the Acute Module NOT require an active subscription? (it did last time). That is, make it available to F2P and Pref players? Throw them a bone why don't you?

Also, a supplementary request. Please give us a slider or checkbox that allows us to reduce our normal Xp gain by eg 25% / 50% / 75% or similar.

All the best.
Ah! I knew I was forgetting something. We also removed the subscription requirement from the item.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

jstankaroslo
02.10.2017 , 01:31 PM | #148

Thanks everyone.

-eric
that is really good news. Its nice to know you guys care.
good job!

jojobanutz
02.10.2017 , 01:42 PM | #149
Ah! I knew I was forgetting something. We also removed the subscription requirement from the item.

-eric
Hi Eric,
Thanks very much indeed!
New or returning Player? Click my referral link for some goodies:
http://www.swtor.com/r/2j5Scb

Referrals explained: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Inspirator
02.10.2017 , 01:42 PM | #150
This sounds like something someone could get now and use after the event to prevent getting any XP at all should they choose.