Closed PTS Applications

EricMusco

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much as long as Closed PTS is active :).

-eric

My raid team recently applied, normally we'd wait for open PTS but we aren't sure if one of our raid team will be able to wait that long considering his sub runs out soon, and he'd like to see the fight on PTS before he makes the decision of whether or not to resub in april. My question would be what's the turnaround time on an application? Will we know if we are accepted or denied?

Musco, you mentioned during the live stream on the 27th that you were hoping to have Tyth on the PTS in "two weeks ish, week or two"

Given that the two week mark would be tomorrow can you give us any indication of when we can expect acceptance/rejection of our PTS applications so we can plan out our raid nights accordingly.

Cheers

Edited by auroroavalor

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

A wave of PTS invites have gone out! If you have been accepted onto PTS you will see an NDA pop-up when you visit your account page on swtor.com. Signing that NDA will then send you an email with further instructions. If you didn't get in this time, fret not, we will be doing additional waves in the future.

Standard reminder that PTS is under NDA. If you have been accepted, please keep that in mind. :rak_03:

-eric

Hey folks,

A wave of PTS invites have gone out! If you have been accepted onto PTS you will see an NDA pop-up when you visit your account page on swtor.com. Signing that NDA will then send you an email with further instructions. If you didn't get in this time, fret not, we will be doing additional waves in the future.

Standard reminder that PTS is under NDA. If you have been accepted, please keep that in mind. :rak_03:

-eric

:sy_havoc: (deep sigh) Okay holding out hope I'll get one on the next wave. :(

Hey folks,

-eric

I have an interesting question on this. I applied for my raid team as a group. Several people got invited off that team but several didn't. The ones who got in said they did not apply themselves and they assumed since they had gotten the nda popup, and they knew I had applied for the entire team, that that meant we were all in together. How can raid teams test this for you if you only give half of the raid team pts access?

Hello,

Our raid leader and one of our team members received the invite for the PTS but the rest of our group has not received invites. Since they of their other groups got invites it therefore must be have been for our group. All names given were accurate. Hoping to get an answer soon about this .:)

This would be something I would be taking up with Eric and any progress about invites I would keep on the low side I'm not sure how they have allowed people to post they got on the PTS because that can cause a backfire between people who have got access and to players that don't.

I have an interesting question on this. I applied for my raid team as a group. Several people got invited off that team but several didn't. The ones who got in said they did not apply themselves and they assumed since they had gotten the nda popup, and they knew I had applied for the entire team, that that meant we were all in together. How can raid teams test this for you if you only give half of the raid team pts access?

Hello,

Our raid leader and one of our team members received the invite for the PTS but the rest of our group has not received invites. Since they of their other groups got invites it therefore must be have been for our group. All names given were accurate. Hoping to get an answer soon about this .:)

Tell your raid members (who are missing invites) to clear their browsers cookies. They might actually have invites, but they just aren't popping up.

Edited by Radzkie

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

One of the things I have heard reports of is that only some members of a group being invited, this can happen for a couple of reasons:

• The account information provided had an error (typo, missing characters, etc)
  • A user did not qualify based on the existing criteria (current sub with no ToS violations in the last 12 months)
  • Some other issue happened in transit (random issue when granting access, etc)

If part of your team got in, but not everyone, please follow the original instructions and send their information to swtorsubmissions@swtor.com. We will be continuing to pull accounts from that email address for entry and so they can be invited into a future wave.

I know this can be disruptive to not have a full Op team on and we do our best to ensure all members are invited at once. Still, sometimes stragglers can be missed. Resubmit the information for the remaining members.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks!

One of the things I have heard reports of is that only some members of a group being invited, this can happen for a couple of reasons:

• The account information provided had an error (typo, missing characters, etc)
  • A user did not qualify based on the existing criteria (current sub with no ToS violations in the last 12 months)
  • Some other issue happened in transit (random issue when granting access, etc)

If part of your team got in, but not everyone, please follow the original instructions and send their information to swtorsubmissions@swtor.com. We will be continuing to pull accounts from that email address for entry and so they can be invited into a future wave.

I know this can be disruptive to not have a full Op team on and we do our best to ensure all members are invited at once. Still, sometimes stragglers can be missed. Resubmit the information for the remaining members.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks Eric

Edited by FerkWork

How they selected ppl = randomly. Apparently having 80% ops completion grants you nothing, not even a free entry on pts.

Eric you could at least invite those players with higher % of ops completion. Most stuff i cleared was when the nightmare bonus was active for DF, and before 4.0 era

How they selected ppl = randomly. Apparently having 80% ops completion grants you nothing, not even a free entry on pts.

Eric you could at least invite those players with higher % of ops completion. Most stuff i cleared was when the nightmare bonus was active for DF, and before 4.0 era

Or you know when they say they want full raid teams and then only give access to 4-5 people on the raid team and then their response is "just apply again and hope you can get in later" even though you met all the criteria for being eligible and triple checked all the account names when you applied.

Some people have 100% and are not on the PTS it doesn't work like that they have some really good players testing this that will have a good rate of clearing also they have some players that are not the best at operations that is also a test in it's self to see how they go against SM stuff, Also down the line they will have other parts of the patch to test that are not just Operations based and also those non hardcore raiders will be a huge part of that testing phase so when it goes live hopefully it works as intended.

Or you know when they say they want full raid teams and then only give access to 4-5 people on the raid team and then their response is "just apply again and hope you can get in later" even though you met all the criteria for being eligible and triple checked all the account names when you applied.

At least y'all can get 4-5 an not 2 out of 8 lol.

Edited by FerkWork