Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to Turn OFF XP boost

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Grieverheart
02.09.2017 , 07:25 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post

Hi Eric

Unless I missed it somewhere in your notes, you didn't mention there would also be a 250% XP boost as well as a 250% CXP boost.
This XP boost is not needed for a lot of people. I dare say it is going to turn me off resubscribing again (which I considered doing). I only lvl in pvp and enjoy playing all brackets, I'm currently lvling up about 20 Alts. When you add boosted XP I have to stop playing them or I can max them out in a few days.
With the way gearing is and will be till about April, the only saving grace for me to not worry about RNG gearing is pre70 pvp. It's the only reason I was going to resub (which runs out 5th Feb). If you add this 250% XP you will remove the last bastion of enjoyable pvp for myself and many others..
For us pvp should be skill vs skill and at the moment it's gear vs gear.

Please give us the option to turn off the 250% XP boost.

Help me Eric, you're my only hope 🙏
It said so here: http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

It clearly stated XP and CXP. We all know Bioware won't include an option to turn of the additional XP, they will just take it away. But since you're nothing but a troll, I suppose that is what you want. If you really don't like it, just don't level during the event.

jojobanutz
02.09.2017 , 08:31 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Battilea View Post
While I can see why some people, primarily PvPers, would want to turn of XP gain overall, personally, I want to level slower, not stop it. Now sure, if I could stop it, then I could turn it off, then on again, but that's extra hassle. I'd rather just level slower, so I set it once and be done with it.

What I'd like to see to see is two-fold:
1. A slider that lets you set the base xp gain from 0 to 100%.
2. A checkbox to disable XP bonuses, like the event and guild ones.
Great suggestion!
This would be the perfect solution. No need for Acute modules or consumables, or whatever other band-aids. This would fix the problem once and for all.

New or returning Player? Click my referral link for some goodies:
http://www.swtor.com/r/2j5Scb

Referrals explained: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Clarian
02.09.2017 , 09:14 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

I apologize for the delay in response. I was waiting to respond when I had something definitive to share but I don't have that quite yet. Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus. We are talking about it and seeing if this is something we can address during the event or not. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric
That would be great, here's hoping!

Jaberwokker
02.09.2017 , 09:50 AM | #124
Hey folks!

I apologize for the delay in response. I was waiting to respond when I had something definitive to share but I don't have that quite yet. Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus. We are talking about it and seeing if this is something we can address during the event or not. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric
While its good that you acknowledged someone is there... yay. We still need an answer as when my sub runs out it will not get renewed. Problem is I do not think I am the only one that will unsub....

-Wes-
02.09.2017 , 01:43 PM | #125
Hey folks!

-eric
Yes, please!!!!! Reactivate the White Acute Modules!
Tras
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

LordTurin
02.09.2017 , 02:52 PM | #126
If there were lots of pvp brackets, I think it would be fine to turn "gained xp" to 0 if you wanted to, so that there wasn't a big difference between 2 people in a pvp match. But as it is now, it'd be too easy to abuse, people would just level to 39 or 69, and hang around trolling midbies and lowbies forever.
Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Isilout - Commando
A day may come, when BW forces us to learn IO. But it is not this day!
This day, we Arsenal! - Aragorn, Return of the King
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

RahaylaCora
02.09.2017 , 02:57 PM | #127
Some try to mix the no xp gain with no xp BOOST gain. This thread is about no BOOST, so players still gain experience but without the "events" boost, and it is fair to ask for it. Asking for 0 xp gain is a troll thing to deviate the debate and bad for this discussion.

Battilea
02.09.2017 , 03:58 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by RahaylaCora View Post
Some try to mix the no xp gain with no xp BOOST gain. This thread is about no BOOST, so players still gain experience but without the "events" boost, and it is fair to ask for it. Asking for 0 xp gain is a troll thing to deviate the debate and bad for this discussion.
They're the same thing, pretty much. Currently, even without the boost, xp gain is incredibly fast. To the point that, even without the bonus, if you just do story and the H2s (for gear), you'll out-level the content with ease. Sure, the bonus makes it worse, but the removal of it doesn't solve the root problem, just one symptom of it. If the devs are going to address the issue, they're better off implementing something that fixes the why people post, rather than the what they post.

In this case, that would be giving people both the means to turn off the boosts and some level of control over how fast they level regardless.

Nightblazer
02.09.2017 , 05:28 PM | #129
I can see them adding turning off XP bonus like before but fully disabling XP or a slider probably not.

Reason is that there is no PvP brackets. Everyone regardless of level is thrown into the same match just that stats are scale up to max level at 232 rating as it sits now.

If there was brackets such as 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc I could see why turning off would be helpful if you want to stay in that specific bracket but due to the scale up doesn't make it fesible.

If they added that I would want them to remove the scale up and create brackets but that would further minimize available players on lower population servers
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

KevWanCarib
02.09.2017 , 08:08 PM | #130
Hey folks!

Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus.

-eric
Eric,
This thread was about having AN OPTION for turning off the XP bonus. I think it's a silly idea, but options are always nice. However, if you turn around and turn off the XP bonus at this point, you will be ticking off an order of magnitude more people who want to level their 60's and 65's to 70 during this event. You promised that, you delivered that, now stick to it. if you want to incorporate AN OPTION, then fine.