Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to Turn OFF XP boost

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fushnchips
02.08.2017 , 07:06 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

I apologize for the delay in response. I was waiting to respond when I had something definitive to share but I don't have that quite yet. Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus. We are talking about it and seeing if this is something we can address during the event or not. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric
I have seen in a few other games you actually can turn off the XP 100% there is a switch in preferences in these other MMOs and I think this would be a good option for people that just like to play low pvp that way they will never leave the bracket they intend to compete in even though it's just regs.

So I think having the choice to stop all XP would be a better idea than just a fix to slow it down and if they want to go to a higher level just turn it back on ( Requires a game restart ) but time will tell.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Totemdancer
02.08.2017 , 09:01 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
I have seen in a few other games you actually can turn off the XP 100% there is a switch in preferences in these other MMOs and I think this would be a good option for people that just like to play low pvp that way they will never leave the bracket they intend to compete in even though it's just regs.

So I think having the choice to stop all XP would be a better idea than just a fix to slow it down and if they want to go to a higher level just turn it back on ( Requires a game restart ) but time will tell.
I support this idea.

It's beeaached iz bro 🐳

VaeVictis
02.08.2017 , 09:10 PM | #113

Leave before the match ends...voila no XP. Baddies who can't compete at endgame have already been doing this for years.

Getting crushed by my invincible perma-39 Madness Sorc is exactly the welcome newbie PvP'ers need.

Totemdancer
02.09.2017 , 12:12 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
Leave before the match ends...voila no XP. Baddies who can't compete at endgame have already been doing this for years.

Getting crushed by my invincible perma-39 Madness Sorc is exactly the welcome newbie PvP'ers need.
You still lvl while playing, especially if you hit some silly achievement

jstankaroslo
02.09.2017 , 02:18 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

I apologize for the delay in response. I was waiting to respond when I had something definitive to share but I don't have that quite yet. Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus. We are talking about it and seeing if this is something we can address during the event or not. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric
Eric, don't be afraid to post something even if you don't have any valid info for us. That way we know you don't ignore us.
It is always better to hear: "you know guys, we're very sorry, we wish we could help you but the way the game is designed now we can't simply put an opt out without re-designing many many things" -over getting nothing on the topic and feeling ignored.
This time your silence cost BW my sub -I cancelled it when patch notes were released with no mention of our problem.
So I guess a way for you to go now would be to buy a nice fancy cup, place it in your bosses office and put 15$ worth of my subscription into it every month

Anyway keeping my thumbs up for the positive solution.

Gorumax
02.09.2017 , 02:51 AM | #116
Hello Everyone

I opened a thread too , but i see this one is more complete and got ore open ears , that's awesome .

I got 7 or 8 chars lvl 70 already and total of 26 with diferent levels.

I love to do ops with my guild and also the chapters and "almost " all the endgame content ( no pvp or star fighter ) .

Still , i LOVE to level up my chars slowly , crafting stuff , explore etc ... and i am completely against double xp , triple xp 10x O_O etc ...

I totally understand other players who like to rush ( or skip ) the leveling part . Each one of us -sub or not , have the right to enjoy this game as they like .

If i got all done in a couple of months i get bored and stop the game . If not i can continue in game for several years etc ...

The white acute module was AWESOME for being a perfect choice for those not wanting to level up at light speed .

I really want that back because :

1 - i can level up my char at my rhythm .
2- I don't use my low levels while double xp and other event of that kind are on and
2.1 - If i don't play because i can't play as i want , i am kind of wasting my sub time , and ...my money , right ?

I saw a lot of empty vendors all over the planets , poor npc's who don't have a purpose anymore lmao -was on Illum doing Malgus thingy story and the Basic tokens vendor had nothing to sell , still , he was there like a **** @_@

Please Bring back that module and PLEASE ! don't make us wait 1 or 2 months for it O_O

Make it constantly available , so we can use it during ALL XP boost events .

Thank you !!!

Zasszz
02.09.2017 , 04:41 AM | #117
People dont want to level slower. They want to turn off XP gain overall to stay at the level they like to play at. It did wonders in another game.

Free goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/VcBZjK

Apolosama
02.09.2017 , 05:52 AM | #118

Its a good idea. Why not?

Battilea
02.09.2017 , 06:36 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Zasszz View Post
People dont want to level slower. They want to turn off XP gain overall to stay at the level they like to play at. It did wonders in another game.
While I can see why some people, primarily PvPers, would want to turn of XP gain overall, personally, I want to level slower, not stop it. Now sure, if I could stop it, then I could turn it off, then on again, but that's extra hassle. I'd rather just level slower, so I set it once and be done with it.

What I'd like to see to see is two-fold:
1. A slider that lets you set the base xp gain from 0 to 100%.
2. A checkbox to disable XP bonuses, like the event and guild ones.

grania
02.09.2017 , 06:44 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Zasszz View Post
That's what I'd like, so I can farm for things that only drop at certain levels. I don't mind fast leveling or overpoweredness generally but the fact that all I can get is outlander gear no matter where I go makes it so I have one less thing I enjoy doing in the game.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--