Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to Turn OFF XP boost

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jaberwokker
02.08.2017 , 09:49 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
The silence is deafening. BIOWARE, where is the option to turn off the XP boost?
If you aren't going to do it, at least man up and tell us instead of ignoring us as usual.
Exactly, why as usual are you lot not answering we keep asking for this and you keep ignoring us... Why is that?

Menaur
02.08.2017 , 10:02 AM | #102
/signed

enrogae
02.08.2017 , 01:39 PM | #103
I'm in complete agreement -- one would think this option would be a given. I'm a returning player that hasn't played since launch. I was excited that I could play JUST for the main storylines and finally see all the class stories I hadn't before, but even as it was it seemed too easy (Darth Baras was such a trivial fight). All the challenge had gone out, but I was still enjoying the story.

Now my character is ridiculously over-leveled for the content he/she is doing. While I can still play the story, It's also sapping what little enjoyment I had out of it to be so far above the intended level. Seems a simple fix to allow me to disable the boosted xp. Getting to end-game is not my priority in the least, and I'll probably be un-subbing again when I get there because it isn't why I came back in the first place. Do you really want me gone that much quicker, Bioware?
Squadron 238

KerryK
02.08.2017 , 02:08 PM | #104
guess its pretty much not worth anybody posting here to let us know

Totemdancer
02.08.2017 , 04:53 PM | #105
Another whole day and the 2 of the big things people have talked about since the patch haven't even been acknowledged.

First there is the mini map icons being oversized
Second you have turning off XP boost option

Looks like Eric had time to write a big story about Tait, but couldn't write a couple of lines to say, "guys we've heard you and are looking into it, we'll get back to you"
What sort of community manager is this guy. He doesn't even need to say they are doing it. All he needs to do is acknowledge that they've heard us.

He did acknowledge there was an issue with the DvL armor not bolstering well and I've seen posts back 2 weeks ago reporting this. So how long till he gets back to us about these 2 issues?

I was really hoping he would get back to us with in a few days because I can't play while the XP boost is on. But I guess not.

I'm going back to WoW again, bye

Totemdancer
02.08.2017 , 04:54 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
guess its pretty much not worth anybody posting here to let us know
But can write a big story about how he played a joke on Tait. Yep, definitely working hard in that office. Priorities seem a bit messed up.

EricMusco
02.08.2017 , 05:15 PM | #107 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks!

I apologize for the delay in response. I was waiting to respond when I had something definitive to share but I don't have that quite yet. Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus. We are talking about it and seeing if this is something we can address during the event or not. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Totemdancer
02.08.2017 , 05:22 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

I apologize for the delay in response. I was waiting to respond when I had something definitive to share but I don't have that quite yet. Still, I wanted you to know that we have seen your feedback about turning off the XP bonus. We are talking about it and seeing if this is something we can address during the event or not. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric
Thank you Eric for responding. It makes us feel like you are listening and we are not just yelling into the wind

Jagaimee
02.08.2017 , 05:50 PM | #109
Hey folks!

-eric
Whew, thank you. Even just letting us know that you guys have seen this request is reassuring.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

SlthBounteHuntah
02.08.2017 , 06:21 PM | #110
Hey folks!

-eric
From what I've read, during a past event you could purchase a "token" or something that stops the character from earning Experience at an increased rate. If that's the case then I laugh at your post and at you and your colleagues, because obviously it is something you could address but you simply just don't want to. Don't worry, those who do not want to earn Experience at 2.5x the speed, all you need to do is stop playing your leveling characters until they "address" this.

Thank God I like earning my Experience at a faster pace.

I'll buy no more Cartel Coins, no more subscriptions.

#RemoveRNG