Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5.1 dvl gear BOLSTER PROBLEM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
5.1 dvl gear BOLSTER PROBLEM
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Klaus
02.02.2017 , 11:26 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
The XP suit from 4.0.
Thanks!
Peace is a lie...there is only PASSION!

my referal http://www.swtor.com/r/SQVjQn

kissingaiur
02.03.2017 , 06:31 AM | #52
Ironic part is these threads make the problem worse because you bring awareness to literally every players who pvp and they end up exploiting to stay competitive.

Best thing to do would have been to report it in tickets to the dev team and move on.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Lotsanerv
02.03.2017 , 07:19 AM | #53
Go to the bolster terminal and parse with your DvL. Then do it bolstered with your old 208s with bonuses. Then, if you you have them, do it in your 240 mods and enhancements. Fully geared, I bolster down a good bit. 208s and DVL with 220s, I bolster up. My parses are pretty much statistically equivalent, and I used 240 mh and oh. No one is getting wrecked because a small minority is PvE players in DVL. I've not thrown in crafted armors into the mix, but I'd imagine I might see a small decrease in dps without a set bonus. It's aggravating there isn't an incentive to get better gear, but it's what loads of players have asked for. Every parse was 8500 +/- 300 in 1.5 mil with no armor debuff. Unbolstered with my best ops gear on 1.5 mil w/ broken armor, I'm consistently north of 9k dps. DvL boosted my armor and HP, but a skilled PvP player will negate the difference with one hit.

Groncho
02.03.2017 , 04:03 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Lotsanerv View Post
Go to the bolster terminal and parse with your DvL. Then do it bolstered with your old 208s with bonuses. Then, if you you have them, do it in your 240 mods and enhancements. Fully geared, I bolster down a good bit. 208s and DVL with 220s, I bolster up. My parses are pretty much statistically equivalent, and I used 240 mh and oh. No one is getting wrecked because a small minority is PvE players in DVL. I've not thrown in crafted armors into the mix, but I'd imagine I might see a small decrease in dps without a set bonus. It's aggravating there isn't an incentive to get better gear, but it's what loads of players have asked for. Every parse was 8500 +/- 300 in 1.5 mil with no armor debuff. Unbolstered with my best ops gear on 1.5 mil w/ broken armor, I'm consistently north of 9k dps. DvL boosted my armor and HP, but a skilled PvP player will negate the difference with one hit.
Parsing on a dummy is not a measure for this kind of gear problem
The Randomness in PvP can't be "parsed"
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

Sir-steve
02.04.2017 , 04:06 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
It's gotta be unintended.
I cannot speak for whether or not it's intended, but as someone who's ground out every single set of PvP armour and most of the PVE ones on multiple toons (I have 25 alts on one server alone) AND the DvL set, I have two things to say:

1) I wish they'd stop making new gear sets - its a pain
2) There darn well should be a point to having put in the time and effort to get the DvL - it was a lot of work.

If the boost wasn't intended, it should have been. Why should folks who chose not to put in the time, get the same stats?
My friends....we have fought monsters together and we have won. On my own, I fear I may not do as well.

"OMG RUN! It's Sir-Steve The-Adequate!".....said no PvP opponent ever.

Kawiki
02.07.2017 , 12:38 PM | #56
I did not see anything in the patch notes so I presume they did not fix this issue?

Qronus
02.07.2017 , 05:51 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
I did not see anything in the patch notes so I presume they did not fix this issue?
+1
Wondering this myself.

stoopicus
02.07.2017 , 07:47 PM | #58
It's pretty clear at this point that they don't consider this a problem.

EricMusco
02.08.2017 , 10:21 AM | #59 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

We are aware of the DvL // Bolster issue. We have a fix currently slated for 5.1.2 and I will let you know if that timing changes.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

stoopicus
02.08.2017 , 10:22 AM | #60
Wow! Excellent. Thanks!