Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On Tacos and Tattoos

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
02.08.2017 , 09:42 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

There have been two forum posts in my time at BioWare that have been difficult to write: my introduction, and this one. For those who prefer brevity, I wonít bury the lead: February will be my final month on the SWTOR team and, in fact, with BioWare. I have had an amazing few years here, but it is time to sail different seas. I will go ahead and nip a few things in the bud because I know they will come up:
  1. I havenít been fired, and I havenít been laid off.
  2. I am leaving BioWare to move to California.

Okay, that out of the way, moving on.

"What are you doing now, Tait?"

An excellent question, me. For now, nothing I can disclose career-wise, but if you follow me on Twitter, I'm sure you'll see soon (It's @pariahloki. Shameless plug). However, I am leaving Austin and moving to San Diego, where I imagine I will spend a lot of time eating tacos*, playing Frank Turner songs on an acoustic guitar, wishing I could afford more tattoos, and generally trying to be more like I was in 2006 - which is basically just skinnier and more emo. Just kidding. Same amount of emo. That never really went away. Have I ever told you the story about the time I saw Fear Before The March of Flames play on a sheet of plywood in a guy's backyard in my hometown? There were like 10 people there--- you know what? Maybe we'll cross paths again someday, and I can tell you all about it over some tacos.

People often ask me what I do, and when I say I work for BioWare the natural follow up is "what do you do at BioWare," and that is a deceptively difficult question to answer. Everyone here sees what I do publicly - primarily maintenance messaging, these days - but the sheer diversity of the things I do behind the scenes is hard to explain. That said, one thing has remained consist between the job titles (three!) I have worn here: advocating for players on a daily basis.

For now, however, I just want to say that, even though there have been rough times, I have never once dreaded coming into work. Not one time in the time I've worked here, and a huge part of that is all of you. Yes, you. If you have somehow come across these words on the internet, I am talking to you. You are the beating heart that keeps this vibrant and unabashedly passionate community going, and for that you don't get enough credit. But I assure you, every single day people come into work and strive to show you just how important you are to us.

And I will miss that the most.

-Tait.

*Okay, but, for real. There is this restaurant/bar in San Diego that has the best fish tacos I've ever had and I can't remember what it is called. Send help. It's on 3rd, 4th, or 5th within a few blocks of Market. I think it had a small stage in it? I went during SDCC one year.
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rankyn
02.08.2017 , 09:46 AM | #2
Good luck, Tait!
MTFBWY
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

grania
02.08.2017 , 09:47 AM | #3
Oh great now *I'm* in the mood for a taco and a tattoo.

Good luck to you, take care~

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Damask_Rose
02.08.2017 , 09:48 AM | #4
Good luck to you in your new job! Southern California is wonderful. I'm sure you will love it there

casirabit
02.08.2017 , 09:49 AM | #5
Good luck Tait and take care.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Dbohrius
02.08.2017 , 09:53 AM | #6
Goodbye and thank you for everything, Tait, and good luck on your future endeavors.
Hohoho, now I have a referral link, too!

Zcoretri
02.08.2017 , 09:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post

*Okay, but, for real. There is this restaurant/bar in San Diego that has the best fish tacos I've ever had and I can't remember what it is called. Send help. It's on 3rd, 4th, or 5th within a few blocks of Market. I think it had a small stage in it? I went during SDCC one year.
Could it be La Puerta?
Good luck in your new pursuits, and welcome to sunny San Diego!

LordTurin
02.08.2017 , 10:01 AM | #8
Thank you for all your hard work, we are sorry to see you go!
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Avinler
02.08.2017 , 10:04 AM | #9
Sad to see you go, but thank you for all of your hard work on the game we all love.

MTFBWY
Avin

Founder, Retired GM of <Fortitude> on Jedi Covenant
& Andrew on SWTOR Economics

gaelicvixen
02.08.2017 , 10:04 AM | #10
Best of luck in SoCal and thank you for being our advocate.

May the Force be with you. o7