Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Parity in PVP

Paratusin
02.06.2017 , 01:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lotsanerv View Post
Pubs,
Learn to cc, interrupt and tunnel the heals. When you see a target over that sorc's head, it's not there to look cute. Seriously, take a look at the heal numbers and damage taken at the end of your match. You should be ashamed. It's such a breath of fresh air to switch factions every evening because we get to play with other folks who are aggressive, disrupt heals and focus attacks instead of playing with the goons who stand there and wail on the immortal jugg while the sorc runs around kiting one dps and tops 4 mil in heals. Forreal, it's imbalanced because of stupidity and nothing else.
^what he said. when i'm trying to tunnel a healer i'm often the only one. plz focus the healers and use those interrupts! stuns and incapacitating effects work great as interrupts when your main one's on cd too.

earthtoearl
02.06.2017 , 05:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lotsanerv View Post
Pubs,
... Forreal, it's imbalanced because of stupidity and nothing else.
So most of the Rep side players are stupid, while most of the Imp side are smart, right? If so should I just switch to the Imp side?

Suprderk
02.06.2017 , 05:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
For your set pieces just put them in legacy armor and send them to your imp toon. As long as they are mirror classes of each other the set bonus will still work.

Now, if you are talking about the shells and if you are still in tier 1 then you will have to regrind to get them but if you are winning more with the faction change and you are having more fun doing so then it is probably worth the trade off.

As for the unassembled components , yeah, they are bound to your pub toon at this time but that really isn't a huge loss if your win ratio goes up.
I do rip out mods and put in legacy gear btw, and yes I could go re-earn everything I have already earned on a Imp character, but it still does not address the problem. Wins should be closer to 50/50. Of course if you have a premade group or even a partial, you will probably win more than 50% of the time. If everyone on the republic side decides to play Imp PVP it will be basically all Imp PVP which isn't good for the game. Republic players will only que knowing there is a 90% chance that they lose. Most of the matches aren't even close, so there isn't much fun in just going in and getting killed over and over again because it winds up 8 on 2 or 3 because everyone else is stuck behind the wall waiting to get back in the match. I agree a lot of it is skill as I have been in hutt ball games where we lost 6 - 0 and our team probably didn't even touch the ball, but there has to be a way to either mix the teams or give incentives to have some of that talent play on the republic side.

teclado
02.06.2017 , 06:04 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by earthtoearl View Post
So most of the Rep side players are stupid, while most of the Imp side are smart, right? If so should I just switch to the Imp side?
Not necessarily stupid, but definitely inexperienced and often not competitive in nature. The will to win is important. People who prefer to pvp more than pve have learned to avoid pub side on harbinger. The remaining pubs either queue as a premade group, are mostly just there for the CXP so they can work on getting better raid gear, or are diehards and complete masochists.
SS
Malovo - Marauder

x_Boots_x
02.06.2017 , 06:17 PM | #25
Cross faction and match maker, nearly every pvp balance issue solved, give each player and class a rating based on spec and valor and assign even number of healers per team and this could go from a terrible pvp game to a excellent one. No one that pvps cares about factions anymore anyway.
The Sith Code:
Peace is a lie. There is only... passion, Through passion, I gain... strength.
Through strength, I gain... power, Through power, I gain... victory.
Through victory... my chains are broken.