Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

jedcjedcjedc
02.05.2017 , 01:13 AM | #21
Umm, was it supposed to be a secret? Someone forgot to mention that to me. how many SS's have I posted showing exactly what character I'm on? hmm, you can find them all over the forum, I'm hardly hiding it. the troll brigade will have to try a little harder to do something that has any actual substance.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Pot calling the kettle black
As you've already been shown, I'm not shy about people knowing who I am. You just need to pay better attention I guess.
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

TrixxieTriss
02.05.2017 , 01:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jedcjedcjedc View Post
Umm, was it supposed to be a secret? Someone forgot to mention that to me. how many SS's have I posted showing exactly what character I'm on? hmm, you can find them all over the forum, I'm hardly hiding it. the troll brigade will have to try a little harder to do something that has any actual substance.

As you've already been shown, I'm not shy about people knowing who I am. You just need to pay better attention I guess.
I've never seen you post it, but if so, then I apologise

Yezzan
02.05.2017 , 02:09 AM | #23
The problem is Bio-ware has moved away from a simple and easy gearing system, where the most grind was Unassembled components from Operations; to a labyrinthine system that the average person does not understand, which has a long grind to it.

As most people have already pointed out, the problems are RNG and grinding gear. The CXP increase addresses neither of these problems. I have two characters that are above command level 30 and neither of them has a full set of 230 gear. What does that tell you? Whether or not they had reach GC level 30 in 30 minutes or 30 months, the result is the same: mostly crap coming from the command crates. So, Increasing the CXP does not deplete the gear grind. What would decrease the grind is increasing the unassembled components that we get and also providing other ways of getting them, rather than through just pvp.

But for the changes to gearing, most of use would have had at least 5 alts that are fully augmented in top tier PvP gear which is more than sufficient to do all SM, tactical and HM content (except for Ops (HM)). BW has broken a system that was not broken and was working just fine.

falkron-kerupt
02.05.2017 , 06:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I've never seen you post it, but if so, then I apologise
That would be because he only posted this info in jc server forums not on pvp general ,or anything else. secoundly i would not apologize to him . Not only does he have gear advantage over others ,but he as well plays an obvious fotm class that needs to be fixed..Keep in mind check out all the posts asking for the devs to take mercs down a peg, you will see him as well defending the merc class is fine.So he comes to these forums ,and posts this system is fine comments. So then he hopes to keep both his advantages

Which was my point in intrests on his replies.

jedcjedcjedc
02.05.2017 , 06:22 PM | #25
Lol, I check to see if he's still up to his old stalkerish troll ways, and wasn't dissapointed.
Here's one in this forum from just last week
getting a gear "advantage" isn't all that hard, even on alts
Oh wait, is that me letting people in on the (albeit should be obvious) trick of ripping out pieces to use in legacy gear to help people who want to play alts? nah couldn't be, I'm just a terrible person and wouldn't do that.

Also, if you think Bodyguard merc is OP or FotM, I have a whole new reason not to take anything you say seriously at all
"Stun, stun, three on one" - Swtor PvP
"Don't worry, It's not me, It's bolster" -Swtor PvP

Morteistno
02.05.2017 , 08:51 PM | #26
I have resubbed for a month or so now.

About the new system. Compared to the old one it is much slower to get the top end pvp gear, and yes it is not friendly to alts at all. I have stuck to one char since I resubbed while I used to play many different ones.

The changes will be an improvement - how much of it remains to be seen, depends on the amount of components you will get for the dailies / weeklies mostly as you don't want to rely on the crates.

The command crates in itself.. my biggest gripe with it is not so much the rng issue on set gear, much more that anything that is not a set gear piece that you don't already have is complete junk. There is absolutely nothing in the crates other than set gear pieces you don't already have of any use.

The reputation items.. maxed out on these a long time ago. Maybe if they would add some from the CM crates they would be more usefull. Rank 5 companion gifts, can run a simple grade 5 mission for those. The non set armor -> junk.

Now there is one things I do like in the new system. I play both pve and pvp but was never into operations, So this system is the first one that actually allows me to get top end gear for pve purposes as well, which I like very much.

Hell, maybe I will even give operations a go after maxing out my gear in pvp around 2019 . Previously I never did them as a. I don't want to join a guild and b. as usually the only set gear I had was pvp gear it seemed this was an issue for even getting into operations to most pug groups.

falkron-kerupt
02.06.2017 , 10:22 AM | #27
Lol, I check to see if he's still up to his old stalkerish troll ways, and wasn't dissapointed.
Here's one in this forum from just last week

Oh wait, is that me letting people in on the (albeit should be obvious) trick of ripping out pieces to use in legacy gear to help people who want to play alts? nah couldn't be, I'm just a terrible person and wouldn't do that.

Also, if you think Bodyguard merc is OP or FotM, I have a whole new reason not to take anything you say seriously at all
What ever helps you sleep bra.